1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232
Next

Last
  1. fl4viomc

Right. It was formatted on this allocation, and problems with big FLACs files (100Mb+) came (gaps on gapless FLAC albums when on SD card).
    I'd read somewhere that biggest allocations are good for large files because of the read speed.

So you're saying that I should do the reformat on Guiformat with 4k allocation size?

2. Hi-Fi'er

80% of mine files are FLAC with that format, no issues at all. I moved all my files to the D internally and left about 500MB Free. Also have about 600MB free on the card.

3. fl4viomc
    sorry.. had to edit last post.

4. Hi-Fi'er

Yes.

5. fl4viomc
    So gapless FLACs only internally? :sob:

6. Hi-Fi'er
    I have FLAC internally and on the card, both. No issues.

7. fl4viomc
    ok.. what card? brand, size? I'm experiencing issues on gapless Flac albums on SD only. normal Flac albums are ok (since they're not gapless).
    I think I'll just leave all gapless files internally and leave this behind.
    Thanks anyway.

8. Hi-Fi'er

128GB Sandisk. There are fakes out there, so you have to get from reputable source. I got mine directly from Amazon, actually two and no issues. All my FLAC is regular rips right off the CD so are not gapless but I set the D to gapless playback anyways. 

Only buy directly from Amazon, do not trust anyone else, people can damage the cards or have damaged cards or there are fakes for less. It's not worth saving a few dollars.

Here is the card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57S62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fl4viomc likes this.
  9. fl4viomc
    Ok. First of all I'm awfully sorry to bother everyone here with a particular issue for so long time!!

Fact is besides every annoying stuff I had posted here, I kept in mind all problems I'd experienced with the SD card thing would or will help another person.

So now, if your D is not playing gapless Flac albums on SD properly I would strongly recommend to format on NTFS first with another allocation size unit and then reformat with GUIformat with 4b (yes, default). In my case, it took +- 6 hours.

Now my D is sweet playing gapless Flacs albums on SD! :joy: Didn't try with 24 ou 44.1/192khz though...

I'd like to thank your patience, specially moderators! Cheers!

davidcotton likes this.
  10. Ax34567
    The problem with disabling SLEEP mode is that start up then always does a file scan which can take minutes.   Is there any way to disable start up scan?

11. Weaves

Not sure what you did, my my flacs always played gapless off the SD Card on the D.  Even my 24/96 of The Kinks One From The Road.  I formatted the card per Cowon's recommendation.

12. Hi-Fi'er

No way to do it. The sleep option was the work around if turning it on and off and waiting for the update to complete was annoying. I've stated before, it's not that big of a deal. Do this:

1. Turn on the D on first.
    2. Get out and put on or put in your IEM's, position in ear correctly. By the time while you are putting in your IM's headphones etc. it will be ready to go.

It used to bother me but now I do it the other way around and it's no insignificant not even worth mentioning. 

13. Ax34567
    Has anyone tried a microSD card >=200GB?

14. davidcotton

From what I remember reading earlier it seems there is a file number limitation.  So as soon as you hit that number there will be issues.  Maybe someone else can confirm or deny this.

15. Ax34567
    My FLAC files album folders have FOLDER.JPG and many files have embedded artwork.  Why doesn't Plenue D display the artwork instead of generic images?

First

Back
212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232
Next

Last