Cowon Plenue D
Aug 17, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3,229 of 4,949
I wouldn't be too alarmed. AMP3 reguarly run out of stock. They don't seem to buy in heavy bulk
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #3,230 of 4,949
Hi all.
I got my D for some months now and a 128Gb microSD Kingston sdxc class 10 last friday.

Lil question here: is it normal D taking 25/30 seconds for database update when turned on? is it too much time?

I know the player needs time to pre-load all library on internal memory and the card (none full).. but wishing it could be a little faster. maybe I messed up card's speed somehow... any lights?

1.14 firmware here. Thank you!

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,231 of 4,949
Hi all.
I got my D for some months now and a 128Gb microSD Kingston sdxc class 10 last friday.

Lil question here: is it normal D taking 25/30 seconds for database update when turned on? is it too much time?

I know the player needs time to pre-load all library on internal memory and the card (none full).. but wishing it could be a little faster. maybe I messed up card's speed somehow... any lights?

1.14 firmware here. Thank you!

If you activate the sleep mode the Plenue D turn faster on.

You formatted the micro Sd card before using? It is always good format (FAT32).

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,232 of 4,949
If you activate the sleep mode the Plenue D turn faster on.

You formatted the micro Sd card before using? It is always good format (FAT32).

Yup. Fat32, 4096 b, but was not recogd by my old win vista at first.

Tried to format using guiformat, but showing only 22Gb. So I tried to format it by win explorer and cancelled it (still showing 22Gb only). Then I saw here in this thread about a driver or something for vista and downloaded it. guiformat again and success on that.

anyway, if the device is turned off, the time for database update is good then?

I remember that fw 1.13 was always ready to flow, but I had no SD on second thought.

Thanks again!

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #3,233 of 4,949
Yup. Fat32, 4096 b, but was not recogd by my old win vista at first.

Tried to format using guiformat, but showing only 22Gb. So I tried to format it by win explorer and cancelled it (still showing 22Gb only). Then I saw here in this thread about a driver or something for vista and downloaded it. guiformat again and success on that.

anyway, if the device is turned off, the time for database update is good then?

I remember that fw 1.13 was always ready to flow, but I had no SD on second thought.

Thanks again!

Exact. When activate the sleep mode, it will turn faster. Just go to Settings> System> Sleep Mode.

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #3,236 of 4,949
please help
i was try reset my plenue D (hold volume buttton + and -) not effective and my plenue D screen still cannot use
i try to format my plenue D
my plenue D screen still cannot use
thanks

Hey maybe you can try holding Power button down while holding both volume buttons? I haven't tried in my Plenue D unit yet, but this works in all other Cowon products ive seen till date. Maybe it works.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3,238 of 4,949
i ordered mine this morning off EBAY IF they are on the ball will ship today and come tomorrow because i am like 65 miles from them and Fedex or Ups ground like 100 miles or less is 1 day transit

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #3,240 of 4,949
please help
i was try reset my plenue D (hold volume buttton + and -) not effective and my plenue D screen still cannot use
i try to format my plenue D
my plenue D screen still cannot use
thanks

The manual says: "If the buttons or touch screen do not respond during use, press and hold the volume + and − buttons to reset for 6 seconds or more."

If you format the player, format FAT32 and then copy the firmware files (like installing a new one) for the system to come back.

Note: After formatting not disconnect the player, copy the firmware files first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back