1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
Next

Last
  1. Vitor Valeri

You do not have to worry about the micro SD. No need to format it with the internal memory of Plenue D. The micro SD card will be recognized normally after formatting the internal memory of the player.

The database is always updated when you connect the player or connects to the computer.

2. Vitor Valeri

I believe that even reformatting, certain problems will not disappear. Join the Global Cowon website and report your problem to them. One problem I had with noise when changing tracks was resolved after my complaint in firmware 1.14.

3. Vitor Valeri
    @electroremy

Recommend report your problem in this topic also: http://www.head-fi.org/t/812142/cowon-plenue-d-problems

4. musicnerd25
    I'm so much in love with the Plenue D! This is my first Cowon device (also my first hifi DAP) and it upgraded my music listening experience to another level. I can't seem to stop listening to music ever since I got the D! [​IMG] 

Here are some of my thoughts:

The EQ presets on this device is truly phenomenal and produces substantially different sounds which accommodate most of the music I listen to. I don't normally use EQ presets on any other devices (because they don't make much difference in sound output) but with the D, I've been only using their presets. There seems to be a good-fitting EQ preset for every track I play; this is amazing considering how I listen to a wide range of music genres.

I got to try out the Fiio X3 gen 2 to compare & contrast and I personally liked the D a lot better due to: easier/more modern UI as well as the design, far more superb EQ presets & more custom EQ setting options, much longer battery life, touchscreen, and greater portability due to smaller size & weight. I wasn't all that impressed with Fiio's EQ preset options and I didn't like how they only let you set 1 custom EQ. This is problematic because I listen to music of virtually all genres and their presets don't really do it for me and it's a hassle to change the EQ settings every time I listen to a different album. I gotta say - the Fiio X3ii looks so beautiful in titanium and it feels solid enough to not worry about dropping and such. The D also feels very solid and looks downright-gorgeous (absolutely love the bullet-like chrome power button up on the top & brushed aluminum design) but I'm kind of worried about dropping & breaking it. I wish there were more case options for the D (e.g. ABS plastic case, carbon fiber case, etc). The leather case doesn't seem to be enough protection for it but that seems to be the only case option for the D. After reading some reviews, I was worried that the D would be laggy as some have been saying, but there's only a slight lag which doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure future firmware updates will make it even smoother. The only complaints I have with the D are the piercing sibilance at times and how the charging port wobbles a little bit. But that's pretty much the only complaint I have about the D... Overall, this is a beastly little device that is worth every penny! I don't know why they're not as popular as the Fiio X1/3/5 series. 

To anyone currently doing their researches on which hifi DAP to purchase...GET THIS ONE - this is it right here! It packs so much value for the money. (Especially if you're considering the Plenue D vs. Fiio X3ii). [​IMG]

It got me wondering though... If a mid-$200 hifi DAP produces this mindblowing sound, how would Cowon's >$1000 devices sound? For those of you who have Plenue S/M2/1, how do they differ in the sound output compared to Plenue D? Are they worth the extra money? 

I wanted to post high-quality pictures of the D but Head-Fi won't let me because I don't have permissions to do so (yet) 

Vitor Valeri, Cagin and jmills8 like this.
  5. Vitor Valeri

Sibilance? I can not detect it. Which earphone you use?

6. electroremy
    I finally found an issue to my strange double genre clone problem :

(I had both "Hip-Hop" and "Hip-hop" genre, and both "Psycadel. Rock" and "Psychedelic Rock" genres)

I have to delete all my hip-hop and rock psychedelic songs

Then make a database update

Thus, re-copying all my hip-hop and rock psychedelic songs

After another database update it's OK

The only way to force a complete database update is to remove file, update, copying it and update again

It's very SLOW : copy starts at 8MB/sec but slows down to 500KB/sec and it will takes 10 hours for 30GB !!!

One another thing : I've created a VB.NET code to edit ID3TAG directly in the Cowon :
    - It's fast on the SD card : 15000 files tag change in 5 minutes
    - It's SLOW on the internal memory : 7000 files tag change in 2 hours ! (1 second per file to wrote 128 bytes...)
    - And the problem is that database update is not complete ; as I said before, to force real complet database update you have to delete files, update, then copying files again and update again

There is a lot of bug in Database update of Cowon plenue D

Thanks

7. electroremy
    Did someone have a cowon contact so that I can send us a bug report ?

Cowon France does not respond at my questions

Thanks

8. Vitor Valeri

I got in two ways responses:

First, through the page on facebook (sending message inbox to the page): https://www.facebook.com/cowonpages/

Second, through the Global Cowon site by clicking Q & A (it is important to register in the site also with the serial of your Cowon Plenue D):http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/write.php?id=B16&page=1&sn1=&divpage=0&bmenu=B&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&bmenu=B&desc=asc&no=&mode=write&sn1=&divpage=0&bmenu=support

If you can, put your reports of what you managed to solve or not this topic: http://www.head-fi.org/t/812142/cowon-plenue-d-problems: http://www.head-fi.org/t/812142/cowon-plenue-d-problems

9. Ghisy

How is it that this FB page is in Chinese? Cowon is a Korean company. Is it really official?

Edit: hmmm, it seems like it's a page for Taiwan, hence the Chinese language used. I still wonder if it's official.

10. Vitor Valeri

It is an official page of the representation of Cowon in China. Either way, need not be the page of Cowon Korea for information to be passed on to the technical team of the company. I say this because I could more rapid responses in the Global Cowon website after I contacted this page on facebook.

11. Ghisy

I see, thank you! I registered and posted a message on the Cowon global website. I also sent a message through the Facebook page.

12. Vitor Valeri
    Page and group created with the intention to improve communication between users and the Cowon. More specifically the users of Plenue Cowon line.

https://www.facebook.com/Cowon-Plenue-Global-Club-1110003492407775/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cowonplenueglobalclub/

Note: It is made by me to try to improve communication with the Cowon. Not an official channel of Cowon. I am a mere User.

13. slider22
    Hi fellow D users, i really need your help. I recently got my D and it cant detect flac file, mp3s no problem. I tried formatting the 64gb sandisk to exfat then back to fat32. Still no avail. Its getting frustrating now, i love the D but it this issue really is a problem. I hope you guys can help me resolve this

14. whatislife
    Pretty sure you're supposed to format the player itself, not the SD card. Might be worth a try though, and try playing the files on another system to make sure that the files aren't corrupted or something. Worst case scenario try reinstalling the firmware altogether and start from scratch.

15. slider22
    I just tried copying now via windows 7 it worked. My laptop at home is windows 10 :frowning2: is there any way i can make this work on windows 10?

First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
Next

Last