Cowon Plenue D
Mar 17, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #1,802 of 4,949
Wondering how is the sound quality of this Compared to X5II ??

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #1,803 of 4,949
  Wondering how is the sound quality of this Compared to X5II ??

Do you mean objective SQ or do you mean whatever the hell people mean by 'sound quality' when they always ask about it? If the latter, you'll get answers favouring either one, usually split based on price and brand prestige or bias. If the former, there's only one way to find out: duplicable hardware testing.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #1,804 of 4,949
Or should I rephrase it like~

What's the difference in sound comparing PD with X5II.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #1,806 of 4,949
On my Plenue D the new FW 1.11 fixed a slight glitch that kind of annoyed me and maybe my brain may have tuned into it so it may have been more noticeable to me than others or just a difference from unit to unit!

But when playing MP3 files from the internal memory, there was a very slight high pitched noise, lasting for 1/10 of a second or so between songs.

I believe it may be related to to some kind of processor buffering issue. Anyway, the FW 1.11 seems to have fixed this issue on my Plenue D, certainly not there anymore, first thing I checked for!  So maybe gapless playback with the new FW may have improved overall for all units using various formats?

Touch screen navigation seems fairly similar to me at least and since I didn't have any issue with this beforehand I most likely wouldn't notice any kind of significant improvement.

Change in sound stage. Did anyone have any kind of DSP effect on when they changed FW? Because this is where I could buy into experience a change that wasn't purely coming from my brain/expectation.  When JetEffect set at normal I didn't experience any alteration.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #1,807 of 4,949
  On my Plenue D the new FW 1.11 fixed a slight glitch that kind of annoyed me and maybe my brain may have tuned into it so it may have been more noticeable to me than others or just a difference from unit to unit!

But when playing MP3 files from the internal memory, there was a very slight high pitched noise, lasting for 1/10 of a second or so between songs.

I believe it may be related to to some kind of processor buffering issue. Anyway, the FW 1.11 seems to have fixed this issue on my Plenue D, certainly not there anymore, first thing I checked for!  So maybe gapless playback with the new FW may have improved overall for all units using various formats?

Touch screen navigation seems fairly similar to me at least and since I didn't have any issue with this beforehand I most likely wouldn't notice any kind of significant improvement.

Change in sound stage. Did anyone have any kind of DSP effect on when they changed FW? Because this is where I could buy into experience a change that wasn't purely coming from my brain/expectation.  When JetEffect set at normal I didn't experience any alteration.

Navigation for me is the same. From the stock firmware to 1.10 there was a slight improvement. It still lags by a fraction of a second but not reason enough to complain. I like this player. I've not noticed a difference in sound, but who knows.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #1,808 of 4,949
Very good question.At times I am liking the PD more than other times I am liking the P1 more. I will say the P1 will add a slightly wider sound stage.

how bout the differences between jeteffect5 and jeteffect7 and sound tuning

also power wise?

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #1,810 of 4,949
how bout the differences between jeteffect5 and jeteffect7 and sound tuning

also power wise?
Has more eq features and a bit more power.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #1,811 of 4,949
I have set auto-off to 5 minutes.
When the player is charging and is automatically powered off, I can't power it on again. I have to remove the usb-cable, start the device and then plug the cable in again. Little bit annoying.
Does anybody else experience this?

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #1,813 of 4,949
I Haven't noticed any changes in the speed of the UI but I didn't have any problems before. I also haven't heard any difference in the sound (normal setting). Jet effect changes, maybe?

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,814 of 4,949
  What is the best way to format a micro sd card to FAT32? I see the guiformat recommendation in the manual, but when I google it looks like a hornet's nest of options. I saw a detailed, step-by-step approach in a previous post here but going back I can't locate it. Much appreciated.

P.s. loving the sound on this thing. UI aint bad. Recognizes all my tags too.

Simple.
Go here http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Download and run Guiformat on pc
Select the drive of your Micro card (DO NOT SELECT YOUR C: DRIVE)
Hit start.
Done

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #1,815 of 4,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back