Cowon Plenue D
Mar 17, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,786 of 4,949
so i got the amazing asg 2.5 connected to cowon d--- headstage 5tx

i was wondering if i replace the cowon d with p1 and connect it to headstage arrow 5tx what will differ and is it worth it or not

kindly your feedback is appreciated

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,790 of 4,949
I always listen to the same song immediately before and after the FW update. Cute little idea that works for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #1,791 of 4,949
Leather Case for Cowon Plenue D by Noreve

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #1,792 of 4,949

iTunes that are perfectly gapless through my iPod and iPhone but which gap out through the Plenue D. Miniscule as they may be, it's a shame.

This right here is my main major bug bear with mp3 players of the moment (not just Cowon).  Time and time again I've been interested in newer mp3 players (was particularly interested in the cowon D as the price for a change seemed reasonable, not the mega $$ of ak, sony and the like), and time and time again I've been disappointed due to the lack of gapless playback that decades old (ouch) technology in ipods and iphones got right way back when.  CD's managed it, minidisc managed it (from what I remember) so why can we not have genuine gapless in players that either don't have an "i" or a fruity logo on it (unless it's been rockboxed)?

Sorry for the rant, we now return you to your regular programming (and I for one await with baited breath that the new firmware implements flawless gapless playback and everything is fine and dandy :) ).

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,793 of 4,949
  Is it just my ears or there has been a "huge" improvement in soundstage with this FW?

i think u r right something improved in sound sig with newest update, seems the sound stage is wider on 1.11 

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #1,794 of 4,949
Gapless is working just fine for me, however my files are all either flac or wav and several m4a (which I got from a friend) I can't speak for how the PD does mp3 gapless playback

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,796 of 4,949
  i think u r right something improved in sound sig with newest update, seems the sound stage is wider on 1.11 

Ok, colour me curious now
tongue_smile.gif

I've been listening for nearly 6 hours now so maybe it's me. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow now with a fresh pair of ears
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #1,797 of 4,949
  Ok, colour me curious now
tongue_smile.gif

I've been listening for nearly 6 hours now so maybe it's me. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow now with a fresh pair of ears
biggrin.gif

there is a song that i always always listen to and know every note how it sounded on my dap and iem , with this  update something changed on sound stage

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #1,799 of 4,949
Well, after some more testing, A/B with other DAPs I think I prefer it as it is. Widest soundstage I've heard out of a DAP.

Another phenomena now is that it is sounding noticeably better than the FiiO X3. I feel the X3 darker and congested in comparison.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,800 of 4,949
so i got the amazing asg 2.5 connected to cowon d--- headstage 5tx

i was wondering if i replace the cowon d with p1 and connect it to headstage arrow 5tx what will differ and is it worth it or not

kindly your feedback is appreciated
Very good question.At times I am liking the PD more than other times I am liking the P1 more. I will say the P1 will add a slightly wider sound stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back