Cowon Plenue D
Mar 7, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #1,653 of 4,949
Just got my PD today. To my dismay, I discovered that it would not read any of my 64GB Sandisk Ultra SDXC cards even though they have been re-formatted to FAT32. These cards work just fine in my DX50, 80, 90 and Clip+ DAPs. With all of these cards, it just shows "No Files". Bummer, as I had much of my favorite music loaded on these cards.

It does, however, read a Sandisk 32 GB card with no problem. Looks like I will have to content myself with this size card unless someone has found a different brand of 64GB card that can be read once re-formatted to FAT32.

That all being said, the PD is a very nice player with excellent response to the touchscreen. Given its small size, it will serve well when out and about.

When you get a chance (and a larger working microSD card) I would love to hear your comparisons of the PD with all the other DAPs you have listed in your signature.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,654 of 4,949
Just got my PD today. To my dismay, I discovered that it would not read any of my 64GB Sandisk Ultra SDXC cards even though they have been re-formatted to FAT32. These cards work just fine in my DX50, 80, 90 and Clip+ DAPs. With all of these cards, it just shows "No Files". Bummer, as I had much of my favorite music loaded on these cards.

It does, however, read a Sandisk 32 GB card with no problem. Looks like I will have to content myself with this size card unless someone has found a different brand of 64GB card that can be read once re-formatted to FAT32.

That all being said, the PD is a very nice player with excellent response to the touchscreen. Given its small size, it will serve well when out and about.

I'm using a 128 patriot formatted with guiformat, no problems.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,655 of 4,949
I will make some comparisons after seeing how it performs with my favorite IEMs. Cowan has some of the best DSP technology in the industry so I expect good things. If the SQ is as good as the UI, I will be a happy camper!

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #1,656 of 4,949
I will make some comparisons after seeing how it performs with my favorite IEMs. Cowan has some of the best DSP technology in the industry so I expect good things. If the SQ is as good as the UI, I will be a happy camper!

Sounds like a plan!

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #1,657 of 4,949

sandisk 128gigs works.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #1,658 of 4,949
Guess I will reformat a couple of my non-working cards, reload some music and see what happens.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #1,661 of 4,949
Current Plenue 1 owner here. Finally broke down and grabbed a Cowon D, with @shigzeo's great review on Headfonia as well as the measurements he posted on Ohm Image pushing me over the edge. I have a 200GB Sandisk microSD card arriving on Wednesday and the D should be arriving tomorrow (thanks to Amazon $3.99 overnight shipping). I'll try to provide some detailed differences between the P1 and the PD, although to be honest I'm not expecting there to be many.

I grabbed the PD mainly to see if the much lower output impedance would make a difference in how my IEMs sound. That and the battery life will make it a better item for traveling.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,662 of 4,949
  Current Plenue 1 owner here. Finally broke down and grabbed a Cowon D, with @shigzeo's great review on Headfonia as well as the measurements he posted on Ohm Image pushing me over the edge. I have a 200GB Sandisk microSD card arriving on Wednesday and the D should be arriving tomorrow (thanks to Amazon $3.99 overnight shipping). I'll try to provide some detailed differences between the P1 and the PD, although to be honest I'm not expecting there to be many.

I grabbed the PD mainly to see if the much lower output impedance would make a difference in how my IEMs sound. That and the battery life will make it a better item for traveling.

Well, I hope you enjoy it. My case finally came in: blue. The thing is carved up mad. The aluminium body is pretty soft.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #1,664 of 4,949
Is anyone using .m3u playlists on the PD? I can't get it to work. Tried using both regular m3u as well as extended m3u. Stored them in the root folder of the device, in the "playlists" folder and in the "music" folder but to no avail.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #1,665 of 4,949
Since I've been trying a couple different DAPs lately I find it helpful just to default to guiformat fat32 so I can swap cards, because apparently advanced file system support is far too deman..... *takes a breath* phew... almost went into snarkrant mode again
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back