Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
May 2, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #2,851 of 3,200
Quote:

Which is a total opposite of me. Flat sounding (as in no BBE-effects or EQ) is the setting that would keep me off this DAP. The EQ and BBE effects are really what makes this player stand out in terms of audio quality. So, if it wasn't for those things, I would buy another DAP. Plus, the battery life is really very good for a DAP. Every other week, my battery meter goes down to 75%, and that's when I recharge it.

That said, I only use it when commuting to and from university. At home I use my computer as source.

Like me, I only use the J3 with the equalizer, for flat sounding I prefer the T51 aka s:flo2.

May 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #2,852 of 3,200
There is nothing in this world that I would prefer it to be FLAT, Music for me is never Flat but alive and jumping up and down.
Quote:

Which is a total opposite of me. Flat sounding (as in no BBE-effects or EQ) is the setting that would keep me off this DAP. The EQ and BBE effects are really what makes this player stand out in terms of audio quality. So, if it wasn't for those things, I would buy another DAP. Plus, the battery life is really very good for a DAP. Every other week, my battery meter goes down to 75%, and that's when I recharge it.

That said, I only use it when commuting to and from university. At home I use my computer as source.

May 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #2,853 of 3,200
Quote:
There is nothing in this world that I would prefer it to be FLAT, Music for me is never Flat but alive and jumping up and down.

I agree music is never flat, but that doesn't mean music powered by a flat sounding without digital manipulations is flat or dead.
wink_face.gif

May 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #2,854 of 3,200
Interesting word "manipulation" well the volume can be manipulated so can many things but the use of that word tends to be negative I will use this word instead " ADJUSTING until I get the best sound for ME!
Quote:
I agree music is never flat, but that doesn't mean music powered by a flat sounding without digital manipulations is flat or dead.
wink_face.gif

May 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #2,855 of 3,200
Quote:
Interesting word "manipulation" well the volume can be manipulated so can many things but the use of that word tends to be negative I will use this word instead " ADJUSTING until I get the best sound for ME!

There is nothing wrong with using EQ's if that's your preference for your enjoyment of the music. I personally leave the sound to the recording engineers and I don't want to digitally manipulate it.

May 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2,856 of 3,200
Yes many like to leave it to the engineers but I wonder if they engineered the music for earphone use of high end floor standing speakers? I bet if they had a Ipod and some soso earphones and they themself heard what came out they would again engineer it to sound better. You can enjoy the turn on and off life but I am just saying in my experience nothing no matter if its cheap or it costs $20,000 most have not sounded fine for me by only turning the unit on and manipulating the volume control.
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with using EQ's if that's your preference for your enjoyment of the music. I personally leave the sound to the recording engineers and I don't want to digitally manipulate it.

May 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #2,857 of 3,200
I have more interest in finding the quality music at first place than in finding ( and spending more on) the "best" gears. Just by listening to the same music played/recorded by different people, sometimes the difference in sound quality could be jaw dropping.

May 2, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2,858 of 3,200
Agreed.
Quote:
I have more interest in finding the quality music at first place than in finding ( and spending more on) the "best" gears. Just by listening to the same music played/recorded by different people, sometimes the difference in sound quality could be jaw dropping.

May 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2,859 of 3,200
Quote:

beerchug.gif

This is one of the reasons that I am collecting my favorite ipod videos and using them as portable hard drives to backup/duplicate my quality music. It will serve me for a long time to come.

May 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #2,860 of 3,200
you must be a young guy. I am usually walking and listening not walking and looking.
Quote:

beerchug.gif

This is one of the reasons that I am collecting my favorite ipod videos and using them as portable hard drives to backup/duplicate my quality music. It will serve me for a long time to come.

May 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #2,861 of 3,200
Hey guys.

Can I ask

1. How many eq bands J3 have?
3. Does J3 support Fat32 64GB card?

Thanks a lot

May 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #2,862 of 3,200
Quote:
Hey guys.

Can I ask

1. How many eq bands J3 have?
3. Does J3 support Fat32 64GB card?

Thanks a lot

I read from here and it appears the 64GB Micro SD card will work with J3. But I am interested to know if any head-fier's have actually done this.

May 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,863 of 3,200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back