Chord Hugo

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by harmonix, Jan 28, 2014.
  1. Hifi Boy
    Yes, and my Mutec was doing a damn good job at reducing jitter. But I figured that if at some point I get Dave, and since Dave has galvanic isolation, I won't need it anymore.

2. AndrewH13
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Deftone likes this.
  3. UELong
    I found the Regen a benifit.

4. doraymon
    When I saw this at my Christmas lunch I thought you guys would have loved it!
    Happy new year!
    StHugo.jpg

maxh22, uzi2 and DjBobby like this.
  5. ruthieandjohn
    I am temporarily without my desktop amp and DAC (upgrading to Schiit balances Gungor Multibit and Mjolnir 2, on their way to me), so I have put my Chord Hugo into my desktop setup.

It works just fine while plugged into the charger. Does it hurt to leave it on all the time? I think I understand that even when plugged in, the Hugo works off of its battery, not an incoming power line, which would suggest it would not charge and would run down is left on all the time. But then I was also surprised to find it worked at all while plugged in.. this is the original Hugo (with the itty bitty recessed on switch), not the Hugo 2.

Thanks!

6. Whazzzup
    No probs leaving it plugged in.
    Any issues with new iOS for iPhone and cck compatibility with Hugo. It worked then didn’t and gave a device ( Hugo) not recolonized. Now I have not really played with this much yet, but seemed new to me...

7. sklonchpower
    Hi everybody.
    Happy new year first of all and my greetings!

I have one hesitate:

To buy Sony NM-WM1A or Sony NM-WM1Z of HUGO1.

I love H1 for its sound but its size a little bit bulky. everybody knows it.
    Thats why Im looking for these two players.

My question is: Is it worth to spend money for 1A or to buy 1Z in loan option - (I plan to use balance) and how it compare with HUGO1?

Kind regards.
    Million thanks.

8. fiascogarcia
    To my knowledge, it uses the battery power at all times, but the charger will continue to keep it charged as it plays. Supposedly, you can keep it on and plugged in all the time, though I never have. I run my battery down until it flashes red and stops playing. Then I plug the charger in, and I can continue to play it while it charges. When I'm finished playing, I turn it off and let it complete it's charge cycle.

9. Whazzzup
    Has chord or anyone found cck compatibility issues with iPhone Hugo hook up. I started to get this device is not recognized and I’m now over 3 years with Hugo, this seems new, granted I have not played with hookups yet.

10. Whazzzup
    Ok just to keep the thread up check your CCK if you use iPhone and get I don't detect the device message. I had a spare and swapped out seems to be fine now.

11. TLS1
    My Hugo does not work on the HD USB input since the latest W10 Creators edition update. It says something like unsigned drivers, is there a way to fix that?

12. miketlse
    See this post.
    Enable the advanced setting, and hopefully you should be ok.

13. TLS1
    Thank you. I had to uninstall all previous chord drivers and reinstall the new ones. Works!

14. GreenBow
    I used a Chord Mojo as my desktop DAC, I used to charge at night, and play in the day. If I needed a bit of charge and play, then I would do that too. Mostly all went well.

15. UELong
    I did with no problems.