Chord Hugo
Dec 9, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #15,211 of 15,694
One thing is the noise coming from the power supply, which doesn’t affect Hugo anyway because is battery operated, and a different thing is the noise coming from the USB signal (typically jitter).
Although Rob Watts has always stated that Hugo is almost insensitive to jitter, in my experience I found a significant benefit from USB cleaners (reclockers).
Yes, and my Mutec was doing a damn good job at reducing jitter. But I figured that if at some point I get Dave, and since Dave has galvanic isolation, I won't need it anymore.

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #15,212 of 15,694
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #15,213 of 15,694
One thing is the noise coming from the power supply, which doesn’t affect Hugo anyway because is battery operated, and a different thing is the noise coming from the USB signal (typically jitter).
Although Rob Watts has always stated that Hugo is almost insensitive to jitter, in my experience I found a significant benefit from USB cleaners (reclockers).
I found the Regen a benifit.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #15,214 of 15,694
When I saw this at my Christmas lunch I thought you guys would have loved it!
Happy new year!
StHugo.jpg

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #15,215 of 15,694
I am temporarily without my desktop amp and DAC (upgrading to Schiit balances Gungor Multibit and Mjolnir 2, on their way to me), so I have put my Chord Hugo into my desktop setup.

It works just fine while plugged into the charger. Does it hurt to leave it on all the time? I think I understand that even when plugged in, the Hugo works off of its battery, not an incoming power line, which would suggest it would not charge and would run down is left on all the time. But then I was also surprised to find it worked at all while plugged in.. this is the original Hugo (with the itty bitty recessed on switch), not the Hugo 2.

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #15,216 of 15,694
No probs leaving it plugged in.
Any issues with new iOS for iPhone and cck compatibility with Hugo. It worked then didn’t and gave a device ( Hugo) not recolonized. Now I have not really played with this much yet, but seemed new to me...

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #15,217 of 15,694
Hi everybody.
Happy new year first of all and my greetings!

I have one hesitate:

To buy Sony NM-WM1A or Sony NM-WM1Z of HUGO1.

I love H1 for its sound but its size a little bit bulky. everybody knows it.
Thats why Im looking for these two players.

My question is: Is it worth to spend money for 1A or to buy 1Z in loan option - (I plan to use balance) and how it compare with HUGO1?

Kind regards.
Million thanks.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #15,218 of 15,694
I am temporarily without my desktop amp and DAC (upgrading to Schiit balances Gungor Multibit and Mjolnir 2, on their way to me), so I have put my Chord Hugo into my desktop setup.

It works just fine while plugged into the charger. Does it hurt to leave it on all the time? I think I understand that even when plugged in, the Hugo works off of its battery, not an incoming power line, which would suggest it would not charge and would run down is left on all the time. But then I was also surprised to find it worked at all while plugged in.. this is the original Hugo (with the itty bitty recessed on switch), not the Hugo 2.

Thanks!
To my knowledge, it uses the battery power at all times, but the charger will continue to keep it charged as it plays. Supposedly, you can keep it on and plugged in all the time, though I never have. I run my battery down until it flashes red and stops playing. Then I plug the charger in, and I can continue to play it while it charges. When I'm finished playing, I turn it off and let it complete it's charge cycle.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #15,219 of 15,694
Has chord or anyone found cck compatibility issues with iPhone Hugo hook up. I started to get this device is not recognized and I’m now over 3 years with Hugo, this seems new, granted I have not played with hookups yet.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #15,220 of 15,694
Ok just to keep the thread up check your CCK if you use iPhone and get I don't detect the device message. I had a spare and swapped out seems to be fine now.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #15,224 of 15,694

Thanks!

I used a Chord Mojo as my desktop DAC, I used to charge at night, and play in the day. If I needed a bit of charge and play, then I would do that too. Mostly all went well.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #15,225 of 15,694

Thanks!
I did with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back