Chord Hugo

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by harmonix, Jan 28, 2014.
  1. Triode User
    Fat fingers and autocorrect combine to cause mayhem again.

We are leaving the eu but I didn’t realise until now just how far we were going!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    AndrewH13 and UELong like this.
  2. miketlse
    Their combined ability to unexpectedly trigger humour, is one of lifes constants.

3. D2Girls
    Chord is based in the Ukraine? Thought it was British...

4. Triode User
    Pay attention and keep up at the back of the class please.

5. Mojo ideas
    Chord is as British as having a few pints of Beer then going home on a big Red Bus eating Fish and Chips.

Christer, dolphy007 and AndrewH13 like this.
  6. AndrewH13
    Like it, good we sometimes keep our identity!

Mind you, it’s just as likely some Prosecco, going home on a Uber, then a takeaway curry! Both ok for me :)

7. miketlse
    And mushy peas?

8. Hifi Boy
    Does anyone know how Hugo 2 can be charged?

I mean, I guess it comes with a brick charger but can it be charged with something smaller and if so, then how?
    Because I don't think that carrying a wall wart with you on vacation makes much sense.

9. Triode User
    Oh, yes. With mushy peas.

miketlse likes this.
  10. miketlse
    The one supplied with the Hugo 2 (5V @2.1A) is already fairly small and lightweight, but I think that I have occasionally used a Samsung travel charger (5.3V @2.0A). It will be very difficult to find a charger smaller than the travel charger.

11. Hifi Boy
    Thanks for letting me know. Do you also think I could use it with the Apple charger?

12. miketlse
    My apple charger (https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B003R195HS ) is 5.1V @ 2.1A, so I think that it should work ok with the Hugo 2, but you will need to add the USB cable. Physically it is the same length as the charger that comes with the Hugo 2, so there is not really any benefit to buying a new apple charger, unless you wanted one as a spare for the Hugo 2.

Certainly Samsung, Apple and Anker chargers are the three most popular chargers for Mojo users (mainly because they work, and charge Mojo properly, unlike cheap chargers from some other brands).

13. Hifi Boy
    Great, I'll have to try it out once I get the Hugo. :)

miketlse likes this.
  14. miketlse
    I am enjoying the Hugo 2, so think that you will enjoy it as well. I think that the default charger will suit your needs, but will probably feel like fine tuning, once you have your own Hugo 2. :slight_smile:

UELong likes this.
  15. Christer
    Mushy peas?
    All I remember is that authentic Fish and Chips in Brighton and Hastings at least, used to come wrapped up in yesterday's Daily Newspaper with readable print on the fish at times.
    One way to digest the news.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017