Chord Hugo
Apr 21, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #15,691 of 15,701
I liked hugo 1 a bit more that h2. Just preference for the bass and vocals of less pulse arrays and taps that hugo 1 has. But that’s just me. Buying new I’d be happy if I was buying said to get h2 and tt2. But concerning value? The trade off is used battery life. My h1 is going great 9 years later but I treat it like a pampered granny.
Actually it’s not just you: I also always preferred the Hugo 1… and mine still works just fine as well, so I don’t think the battery is too much of a problem. I’ve also read it’s rather easy to change.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #15,693 of 15,701
I liked hugo 1 a bit more that h2. Just preference for the bass and vocals of less pulse arrays and taps that hugo 1 has. But that’s just me. Buying new I’d be happy if I was buying said to get h2 and tt2. But concerning value? The trade off is used battery life. My h1 is going great 9 years later but I treat it like a pampered granny.
same boat here
but I have to admit that I only use it as dac/amp to in ear (and what can be better??!!:) or connected as a dac to third setup!

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #15,694 of 15,701
Another fan of the Hugo 1 (and original TT) here, also preferring it subjectively to Hugo 2. Have owned several of each, and the Hugo just feels more organic/natural overall for my taste.

Jul 9, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #15,695 of 15,701
Good afternoon, I live in Brazil, I purchased a used hugo from the Headfi, I haven't used it for a long time and I believe I need to change the battery. Can you recommend a good battery that I could buy in Brazil? Could someone please help me? It is possible for me to send the hugo outside the country, ideally I should buy the correct battery so that I can change it....

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Jul 9, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #15,696 of 15,701
Good afternoon, I live in Brazil, I purchased a used hugo from the Headfi, I haven't used it for a long time and I believe I need to change the battery. Can you recommend a good battery that I could buy in Brazil? Could someone please help me? It is possible for me to send the hugo outside the country, ideally I should buy the correct battery so that I can change it....

I changed mine a few years ago. I know the battery type and instructions were in a thread like this.
Found thsi that mihght help.

"I have an old Hugo that completely died. When the batteries go, you can't use the device.
Finding new ones has been almost impossible and the cost to have someone do it is ... crazy

Here's the solution
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tenergy-...ry-Pack-w-PCB-1S1P-9-62Wh-3-5A-Rate/318401510

solder out the stock, and solder two of these... took 5 minutes! success....
be sure red to (+) and black to (-)"

Jul 9, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #15,697 of 15,701
I changed mine a few years ago. I know the battery type and instructions were in a thread like this.
Found thsi that mihght help.

"I have an old Hugo that completely died. When the batteries go, you can't use the device.
Finding new ones has been almost impossible and the cost to have someone do it is ... crazy

Here's the solution
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tenergy-...ry-Pack-w-PCB-1S1P-9-62Wh-3-5A-Rate/318401510

solder out the stock, and solder two of these... took 5 minutes! success....
be sure red to (+) and black to (-)"
Good afternoon, page not found, can you resend it?

Jul 9, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #15,698 of 15,701
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #15,699 of 15,701

The battery type is called "18650" which refers to its size and shape. Buy the biggest mah you can find which is "3450mah-or-3500mah" for this battery type. You will need two 18650 batteries for the Hugo1. Hugo 1 doesn't need any special a Amperage spec requirements...So go for the biggest mAh you can find, but is from a brand like "Samsung" "LG" "Sanyo".

Any electronics store guy can probably solder it for you in 5 minutes.

As for where to buy the 18650 battery in Brazil, no idea.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #15,700 of 15,701
I'm still thinking about getting Hugo TT (1st one the OG one) it was that nice.
And that's after owning TT2, Dave, MScaler...

Jul 12, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #15,701 of 15,701
I'm still thinking about getting Hugo TT (1st one the OG one) it was that nice.
And that's after owning TT2, Dave, MScaler...
Me too. Miss the OG Hugo and looking to pick the OG TT.
They seem to be way overpriced now in the used Market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back