Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #35,266 of 35,472
Im beginning to wonder if there is a bad batch going around. Im in the "they sound cold and hollow" camp. Im not sure how good senfers quality control is, but maybe our pairs are tuned differently or mine is defective.

Or maybe I just dont like their signature.

To my ears, the 4in1 does sound a bit too lean and bright, but everything else it does is so good that I simply can't resist them, Fortunately, they do take quite well to a bit of experimentation. I find the original black cable brightens the sound, while the Tenmark cable with angled plug softens it. T400 Complys tames it further. While short-length, wide-bore silicone tip (that pushes it further into ear) makes it more forward & bring the instruments closer. For my taste, I have settled with Tenmark cable & short, wide silicone tips for over a week now.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #35,267 of 35,472

To my ears, the 4in1 does sound a bit too lean and bright, but everything else it does is so good that I simply can't resist them, Fortunately, they do take quite well to a bit of experimentation. I find the original black cable brightens the sound, while the Tenmark cable with angled plug softens it. T400 Complys tames it further. While short-length, wide-bore silicone tip (that pushes it further into ear) makes it more forward & bring the instruments closer. For my taste, I have settled with Tenmark cable & short, wide silicone tips for over a week now.

Probably source dependent.  Out of my receiver i thought they sounded harsh and a bit lifeless.  Out of the xduoo energetic and nice.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #35,268 of 35,472
   Probably source dependent.  Out of my receiver i thought they sounded harsh and a bit lifeless.  Out of the xduoo energetic and nice.

4in1's is definitely source material/equipment dependent. I wrote few pages putting it on an old StyleAudio DAC, Fiio E10k, Shozoy-Aegis clone & Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Every single source change was clearer noticeable. At $20 to $30, I would have never expected a headphone/earphone/IEM to be so revealing.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #35,269 of 35,472

Yeah, I think I just don't prefer their signature. I just spent some time with them vs the KZ-ED9. The ED9, to me, is more enjoyable to listen to. However, I can see where the **** technically performs better. In areas like detail retrieval and speed, the **** does really well.The ED9 sounds more lush, although slightly more muddy in comparison. I can't get past the thin sound of the **** for mid-centric music, which is the majority of my playlist.

Even though it's not my cup of tea, I can definitely reccomend it to those searching for that type of signature.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #35,270 of 35,472
4in1's is definitely source material/equipment dependent. I wrote few pages putting it on an old StyleAudio DAC, Fiio E10k, Shozoy-Aegis clone & Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Every single source change was clearer noticeable. At $20 to $30, I would have never expected a headphone/earphone/IEM to be so revealing.

Totally agree ! You should listen 4in1 with some top quality tracks, not those cheap pop hit recorded with sloppy mixing, remastering. It really shines when fed by some old track, while other budgeted IEMs just sounds dull, veiled, the **** 4in1 just play those tracks beautifully, with no sibilance, amazing dynamic. Avoid those bad recording (mainly recent pop hits, remastered CD) which volume were boosted, the 4in1 just sounds harsh and irritiating.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #35,271 of 35,472
  Yeah, I think I just don't prefer their signature. I just spent some time with them vs the KZ-ED9. The ED9, to me, is more enjoyable to listen to. However, I can see where the **** technically performs better. In areas like detail retrieval and speed, the **** does really well.The ED9 sounds more lush, although slightly more muddy in comparison. I can't get past the thin sound of the **** for mid-centric music, which is the majority of my playlist.

Even though it's not my cup of tea, I can definitely reccomend it to those searching for that type of signature.

Coincidentally, I also spent the weekend going back to listening to KZ ATE (Complys tips) and it was surprisingly enjoyable. If the new BA hybrids erode prices of this original giant killer, I am going to buy a stash of them :)

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #35,272 of 35,472
Totally agree ! You should listen 4in1 with some top quality tracks, not those cheap pop hit recorded with sloppy mixing, remastering. It really shines when fed by some old track, while other budgeted IEMs just sounds dull, veiled, the **** 4in1 just play those tracks beautifully, with no sibilance, amazing dynamic. Avoid those bad recording (mainly recent pop hits, remastered CD) which volume were boosted, the 4in1 just sounds harsh and irritiating.

Yup. Bandcamp FLACs has been my main musical source for few years now. The last time I was listening to pop music, Michael was still part of his brothers' group, Jackson 5 :)

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #35,274 of 35,472
About to buy the **** 4in1's is one store better than the other?  One is cheaper, other has more orders/feedback

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-****-4in1-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-BA-Hybrid-Drive-Unit-DIY-DJ-Earphone-HIFI-Headset/1825606_32704437923.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-****-4in1-Balanced-Armature-With-Dynamic-In-Ear-Earphone-With-MMCX-Cable-HIFI-Earbuds-Headset/519064_32704446839.html

For me they all are good, just do compare pricing, if someone can give more discount too.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #35,275 of 35,472
  I think it`s the last one
rolleyes.gif
 For example, while LZ-A2S are very good, I don`t like their soundstage/imaging regarding vocals and midbass. They just aren`t my preference, though, they got big hype.
**** 4in1 are great all-arounders! Progressive rock, EDM, djent, pop-rock, jazz, You name it - all sound good and natural to my ears. If You like P2, then I think 4in1 should be ok for You also but do keep in mind that P2 is much more V-shaped and have more bass. 4in1 excels in everything over P2 (original), not even close in SQ, imho.
When it comes to KZ, I just can`t call them "giant killers" due to KZ bad QC and different batches/versions they do. Though, I hope this wont happen with ZST.
1clearhead mentioned they compete with BK50, based on what, they should be pretty good but on "warmer" side

You have already **** 4in1`s? If You don`t - get them. They are just great and so far unbeatable SQ with such low price tag. 

"CoiL is right"....they are on the warmer side. The 4in1's, by far, are just in another level.

.....I'll be writing some more impressions about the ZST later in the week.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #35,276 of 35,472
L o l. I remember you telling me they were not very good......

Exactly. This is why I blocked him and told him to take a hike from this thread

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #35,279 of 35,472
I want to know if there exits an IEM <= $150 that on the technical side (resolution and clarity) that can rival to that of a high end $1000 iem.
I don't care about sound signature or personal taste. I just want to know if such a buget IEM exists that is as good as high end fi on the analytical side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back