Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #35,251 of 35,472
Im beginning to wonder if there is a bad batch going around. Im in the "they sound cold and hollow" camp. Im not sure how good senfers quality control is, but maybe our pairs are tuned differently or mine is defective.

Or maybe I just dont like their signature.

Just to clarify a bit better. Can you and everyone on your "camp" compare them very very briefelly to some other IEM's you like and are well known?

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #35,253 of 35,472
Would the **** 4in1 be considered a good all around iem or is it good for a specific thing? I am basically looking for a good iem that I can use when watching movies/tv and I also want one to have good bass for listening to music. If possible it would be great if one had all of these properties but I am willing to buy 2 different ones for each purpose. I am currently using the Piston 2 for everything and I have enjoyed it but I just feel like something new. (Not a fan of the Piston 3)

I have been looking at the **** 4in1 and this other one that apparently has great bass 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Seahf-EG009-Custom-Made-Double-Dynamic-Around-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Monitor-Headphones-Headset-With-MMCX/32530502110.html .
Any suggestions/thoughts?

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #35,254 of 35,472
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-Audio-5-and-6-Driver-Pro-UE-Custom-Made-6-Units-Balanced-Armature-Around-Ear/32714839655.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.348.u2OWjO

Anyone tried this yet? Looks interesting but not sure how it actually sounds like considering that there's no feedback on the web itself!

Cheers,
Vera

I had the 6BA version.
I ended up sending them back last week.
They are very source specific. I have a Cowon Q5, iPhone 6 Plus, and a few others, but could not drive them at a comfortable volume that would produce any bass.
You could hear the sub bass, but there was no mid bass. I equate it with listening to a system with a blown speaker. 
Treble, and highs were present. Vocals were good, but it was like someone had removed the bass. You could still hear the kick drum where it was suppose to be, but no bass follow up at all.
Female vocals sound good. Hip Hop sounded deflated. 70's Rock sounded good as well.
It could have been a QA issue.
I was very disappointed, but the vendor (who shell not be named) responded to my messages, and is exchanging them for another pair of my choice at the same price point.
We will see how it turns out.
I would not say don't get them, and your experience may be different from mine, but I cannot recommend them.

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #35,255 of 35,472
Im beginning to wonder if there is a bad batch going around. Im in the "they sound cold and hollow" camp. Im not sure how good senfers quality control is, but maybe our pairs are tuned differently or mine is defective.

It might be your dap? Or maybe you're right, and there's a bad tuned batch? When it's such a small sample size of negative aural observations, then you have to wonder?

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #35,256 of 35,472
Would the **** 4in1 be considered a good all around iem or is it good for a specific thing? I am basically looking for a good iem that I can use when watching movies/tv and I also want one to have good bass for listening to music. If possible it would be great if one had all of these properties but I am willing to buy 2 different ones for each purpose. I am currently using the Piston 2 for everything and I have enjoyed it but I just feel like something new. (Not a fan of the Piston 3)

I have been looking at the **** 4in1 and this other one that apparently has great bass 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Seahf-EG009-Custom-Made-Double-Dynamic-Around-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Monitor-Headphones-Headset-With-MMCX/32530502110.html .
Any suggestions/thoughts?

My friend, the 4in1 are CHAMPIONS of genre hopping. I listen to a very broad band of music, and they handle classical as terrifically as black metal. Rap has authoritative bass, and classic rock and hard rock has beautiful balance, timbre, and detail retrieval.

For $25.00, with the $7.00 Tingo cable, through the ZX2, and it's mid-fi bliss. Maybe their only weakness would be vocal music? I have no problem with the mids, but vocals aren't as resolving and smooth.

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #35,257 of 35,472
My friend, the 4in1 are CHAMPIONS of genre hopping. I listen to a very broad band of music, and they handle classical as terrifically as black metal. Rap has authoritative bass, and classic rock and hard rock has beautiful balance, timbre, and detail retrieval.

For $25.00, with the $7.00 Tingo cable, through the ZX2, and it's mid-fi bliss. Maybe their only weakness would be vocal music? I have no problem with the mids, but vocals aren't as resolving and smooth.

I mainly listen to rap and I think they will be fine for that but when you say vocal music might be a weakness would they be bad when watching a movie?

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #35,258 of 35,472
I mainly listen to rap and I think they will be fine for that but when you say vocal music might be a weakness would they be bad when watching a movie?

No. Movies should be pretty awesome with the bass slam. I mean choir music, or female vocal performances, not movies or movie dialogue.

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #35,259 of 35,472
  Any good suggestions? I prefer a balanced / mid forward sound sig.

Hmm... I love the Seahf EG009 i got the other day BUT it has very weak mids, the mids are very scooped on it.
KZ ZS3 is a great one under $10 with removable cables and a balanced sound with nice mids. it was $20 when i bought mine.
I also still love the KZ ATE (translucent) and am waiting to get an ATR in the mail, reviews I saw seemed favorable. another $10 one.
I have never heard the 4in1 or most IEMs that have been getting recent hype.

I want to try the Rose IEMs. I bought a $200 Rose earbud and loved it, and saw a review of their $120 IEM that looked good...

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #35,260 of 35,472
Come on, ****! Come out with a dual BA + 1 DD hybrid with the guy or gal who tuned the 4in1 back to tune this one? Charge $40 for it, and change how the game is played.

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #35,261 of 35,472
cool.gif
I can't believe how anxious I am to get my hands on the KZ Hybrid.

JUST ONCE, I'd like to hear a genuine budget GIANT KILLER.

Come on KZ I know you can do it....

rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
TWIN

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #35,263 of 35,472
What? **** 4in1 cold, harsh and unsatisfying? We must be from different ear-planet. 
I`m very sensitive to highs and can`t find them harsh nor cold. Sound natural to me. 

I think it`s the last one
rolleyes.gif
 For example, while LZ-A2S are very good, I don`t like their soundstage/imaging regarding vocals and midbass. They just aren`t my preference, though, they got big hype.

**** 4in1 are great all-arounders! Progressive rock, EDM, djent, pop-rock, jazz, You name it - all sound good and natural to my ears. If You like P2, then I think 4in1 should be ok for You also but do keep in mind that P2 is much more V-shaped and have more bass. 4in1 excels in everything over P2 (original), not even close in SQ, imho.
   I can't believe how anxious I am to get my hands on the KZ Hybrid.

JUST ONCE, I'd like to hear a genuine budget GIANT KILLER.

When it comes to KZ, I just can`t call them "giant killers" due to KZ bad QC and different batches/versions they do. Though, I hope this wont happen with ZST.
1clearhead mentioned they compete with BK50, based on what, they should be pretty good but on "warmer" side. 

You have already **** 4in1`s? If You don`t - get them. They are just great and so far unbeatable SQ with such low price tag. 

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #35,264 of 35,472

What's your budget?

around 150 euro willing to go a bit more if its worth it.

Hmm... I love the Seahf EG009 i got the other day BUT it has very weak mids, the mids are very scooped on it.
KZ ZS3 is a great one under $10 with removable cables and a balanced sound with nice mids. it was $20 when i bought mine.
I also still love the KZ ATE (translucent) and am waiting to get an ATR in the mail, reviews I saw seemed favorable. another $10 one.
I have never heard the 4in1 or most IEMs that have been getting recent hype.

I want to try the Rose IEMs. I bought a $200 Rose earbud and loved it, and saw a review of their $120 IEM that looked good...

The KZ ZS3 can be bought for $8 so i might look into those.

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #35,265 of 35,472
About to buy the **** 4in1's is one store better than the other?  One is cheaper, other has more orders/feedback

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-****-4in1-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-BA-Hybrid-Drive-Unit-DIY-DJ-Earphone-HIFI-Headset/1825606_32704437923.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-****-4in1-Balanced-Armature-With-Dynamic-In-Ear-Earphone-With-MMCX-Cable-HIFI-Earbuds-Headset/519064_32704446839.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back