Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #31,292 of 35,472
Can someone please help me with a trivial thing?
My amp only has a 1/4 output for headphones so I use a 1/4 to 3.5 mm connector. http://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_353236.html
Headphones with 3 poles sound good while the ones with 4 poles (microphone) sound distorted. How can I fix that?

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #31,293 of 35,472
Okay, so I'm slightly out of the loop with "chifi" but the VSD5S has caught my eye as an earphone that can potentially trump the HAVI B3 PRO 1. There's also the TFZ which I am lesser so interested right now, but what can everyone tell me about the VSD5S and how it compares against the HAVI, and in addition, is it generally worth a buy right now or are there any other hot competitors out here?

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #31,295 of 35,472
  Can someone please help me with a trivial thing?
My amp only has a 1/4 output for headphones so I use a 1/4 to 3.5 mm connector. 
Headphones with 3 poles sound good while the ones with 4 poles (microphone) sound distorted. How can I fix that?

Make your own connector for 4-pin mini-jack. Or use some paperclip etc. to constantly press button on microphone.

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #31,297 of 35,472
  Make your own connector for 4-pin mini-jack. Or use some paperclip etc. to constantly press button on microphone.

Can I buy a connector for it? And how come it doesn't sound distorted on my computer which has the 3 pole connector? It's awkward.

BTW; I use a basic 1/4 to 3.5 connector from China

http://img.banggood.com/images/upload/SKU029506/20120316092919745.JPG

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #31,298 of 35,472

Both are really bassy. Here is my original post on the S530; http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/15915#post_11559322

Might be helpful.

Cheers B9. I should probably aim for something a bit higher up, am just tempted because I found a store that has them for $17. I see they have another model as well, the S512.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #31,299 of 35,472
for those who are unaware,

Dear all,
The team will be away on holiday from 10th July to 17th July 2016. All orders received from 9th July 2016 will be processed on the 18th of July.
If you require the purchase urgently, you may consider purchasing it via our Amazon store. All items listed there wil be shipped via our Amazon warehouse.
While we are away, here is a 7% discount coupon for your purchase!
CODE: LMUEHOLS

good time to satisfy your audio needs

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #31,301 of 35,472
These are available on u.s. Amazon for $25 with prime shipping. Couple of other sellers with prices that go up to $39.

Sticking to the Amazon $25 with prime shipping is a done deal for a hybrid as good sounding and well made as this one.  
etysmile.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #31,302 of 35,472
Ok, nobody has bit the bullet on the T71 but I would hold off for now. I heard this when I first got them but hoped it would go away. It hasn't. They sound great much of the time but on a few tracks, Rihanna "We Found Love" and at least one other pop electronic female Vocal track there is a very weird distortion in the vocals. Almost like a lack of pop filter on a mic, instead of a bass sound its more of a scratchy sound. Very hard to explain bc I've never heard anything like it before. Other tracks that are electronic sound perfect and female vocals like Sade sound really good. Go a do more testing with more pop female vocal songs. I have contacted the seller about it, not sure if it's a tuning issue or I have a defective unit. I've been pleased with my other MM products.

I believe the TW1 and T71 are similar, can somebody with that IEM test out the Rihanna song and let me know how it sounds?

Also anybody with a Veritas to measure this IEM in the US let me know

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #31,304 of 35,472
Not my type of music but...
Quote:
...Rihanna "We Found Love" ...instead of a bass sound its more of a scratchy sound. 

Are You sure it`s something that shouldn`t be there or is it maybe electronic synth sound playing along with bass lines?

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #31,305 of 35,472
Okay, so yesterday I received a pair of IEMs with replacable MMCX cables. The stock cable is crazy, very long and seems extremely sturdy, feels like I could use it as a safetly line if I was going climbing.

I'm sure it'll last for a lifetime, but since it's pretty long, a bit heavy, and a bit microphonic because of the cloth surface, I'd appreciate it if someone has suggestions for replacement MMCX cables that are sort of high quality, and work better for portable use.

I'm not a huge believer in the effects cables has on sound, so it doesn't have to be made of the pubic hair of angels, as long as it's well built and comfortable to use. And closer to $10 than $100.. :)

I've only tried one cable with memory wire, and it wasn't great.. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it, but if there are cables with alternative solutions to getting them to stay in place (this cloth covered monstrosity that was included has nothing, not even a chin slider) I'd be very interested to check them out!

Edit: those silicone earguides are a nuisance too, but maybe there's even more possible solutions to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back