Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #30,362 of 35,472
ZuperDAC
== Unboxing & Initial Impressions ==
 ​
 ​
The ZuperDAC is a very portable amp/dac from Zorlooa small outfit out of Hong Kong. A big thanks to the fine folks at Zorloo for giving me a chance to check these bad boys out! 

Unboxing the ZuperDAC

​
Initial Impressions

Been playing with the ZuperDAC for the better part of the day and I wanted to post my thoughts on them so far. 
It comes in a rather no fuss box, very tastefully adorned but suitably tough to protect the delicate innards. Upon unboxing it , you are greeted by the product sheet and the goods front and centre. And oh my what a sight to behold. They are literally at the same color as my laptop!

In the hands it feels smooth in texture and construction and clearly no shortcuts were taken with the build quality - clearly all your money is going towards the dac itself, not some fancy packaging you are bound to forget about anyway. For a device of this footprint, it has a surprising weight to it, and I mean that in the best way possible. This does not feel like a cheap toy at all. This is meant to be a serious device for the discerning listener.

For macs (lol whats an audio driver?
cool.gif
) it is as simple as plug and play. A little LED turns on indicating the DAC is engaged. Unlike some other dacs I have use, this unit has yet to get exceedingly hot after me pushing them hard for some time. Again these are early days yet, but thus far these seem to be very well engineered. I am definitely impressed by the thought that has gone into it's design construction. 

So.... they look good and feel good, but how do they sound?

Honestly I just received these today and I don't know if I have enough hours on these to comment on them definitely. But here is the thing - my daily drivers are the FiiO X7 and LH Geek Out V2, and listening to the ZuperDAC, I don't feel I am getting a massive downgrade or that I am missing out on anything and thats what surprised me the most....

In fact, I found myself actually listening and enjoying my music rather than attempting to dissect every detail and evaluate every aspect of the sound. But I will say that the ZuperDAC is very natural sounding with a very musical character to it. Does that mean its rolled off and bassy? Of course not! It sports a natural, detailed and engaging sound with impressive resolution, but more so - it has this addicting and effortless sound signature that has me digging through my music collection to test my favourite tracks. You might think these have that traditional sabre glare, but so far it hasn't reared its ugly head yet. In fact, it has a rather nice and full natural bass response compared to the relatively anemic FiiO X7 and Geek Out V2.

Overall, no glaring weakness or downsides from my initial listening hours. But lordy am I getting a kick out of listening to them. I was initially going to do a comparison with my other dacs (FiiO X7, E17K, LH Geek Out V2 and SMSL M3).  However that plan went right out the window the moment I plugged in my Havi B3 Pro 1 and loaded up my favourite track, which at the moment is We are the ones to fall by Santa Monica.

If You can't tell already, I am absolutley smitten by how the ZuperDAC sounds and my first impression is that it sounds as capable as my higher end gear, but it adds that touch of musically that my other gears lacking, relatively speaking of course. I did notice however that I had to push the volume near its limit to drive stuff like my 320 ohm VE Zen 1, so I do wish this unit had more headroom in terms of volume. Then again we are talking about something the size of a USB thumbstick so it's not a deal breaker either.

Am I saying that it beats my top end stuff? No, of course not, more so because I honestly haven't had the time to properly A/B against all my toys yet. Frankly, I am having way too much fun with the ZuperDAC and the hard work can wait till later :p

For now, I am off to musical bliss: 

A big thanks to my good friend @WaynesWorld for bringing this device to my attention. Good call bud :)  Definitely worth the wait!!

I will update with more impressions as things progress. Thanks for reading my ramblings 
wink.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these have an Output Impedance of 4 Ohms. 

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #30,364 of 35,472
I would hope for $900 it comes with a cable that gives nearly maximum performance instead of having to drop $150 more :)

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #30,365 of 35,472
Nice. Probably the best IEMs you ever got? You should probably pair it with the Ortofon MMCX cable for maximum performance.
pair with Effect Audio Mars, Toxic Silver Widow, Plusssound Exo etc

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #30,366 of 35,472
Nice. Probably the best IEMs you ever got? You should probably pair it with the Ortofon MMCX cable for maximum performance.

I would hope for $900 it comes with a cable that gives nearly maximum performance instead of having to drop $150 more
smily_headphones1.gif

It actually comes with some of the nicest cables i have seen to date, including a full adapter set. I think he should be set with the stock cables lol. The others might very well be a downgrade!

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #30,368 of 35,472

ZuperDAC
 ​
 ​
The ZuperDAC is a very portable amp/dac from Zorlooa small outfit out of Hong Kong. A big thanks to the fine folks at Zorloo for giving me a chance to check these bad boys out! 

Do you have the Dragonfly by any chance? The ZuperDAC has a pleasing price tag of $74 which makes it an excellent contender.

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #30,369 of 35,472
Check the Giveaway of Nuforce NE800M, join our activity.
Click this : https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/649ce649207    TO win a big prize, wish you good luck

Don't forgot to check our product page: http://www.gearbest.com/nuforce-_gear/

Nuforce NE800M Gearbest price: $69.99 Amazon price : $89.99
Nuforce BE6i Gearbest price: $84.99 Amazon price : $129
Nuforce HEM4 Gearbest price: $229.99 Amazon price : $299

We will always provide the best price and the sweetest services to you!

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #30,370 of 35,472
  Check the Giveaway of Nuforce NE800M, join our activity.
Click this : https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/649ce649207    TO win a big prize, wish you good luck

Don't forgot to check our product page: http://www.gearbest.com/nuforce-_gear/

Nuforce NE800M Gearbest price: $69.99 Amazon price : $89.99
Nuforce BE6i Gearbest price: $84.99 Amazon price : $129
Nuforce HEM4 Gearbest price: $229.99 Amazon price : $299

We will always provide the best price and the sweetest services to you!

Done. Now praying and will sacrifice a $4 iem to appease the giveaway gods!

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #30,374 of 35,472
Originally Posted by RedJohn456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZuperDAC
 ​
 ​

Unboxing the ZuperDAC

​
Initial Impressions

Been playing with the ZuperDAC for the better part of the day and I wanted to post my thoughts on them so far. 
It comes in a rather no fuss box, very tastefully adorned but suitably tough to protect the delicate innards. Upon unboxing it , you are greeted by the product sheet and the goods front and centre. And oh my what a sight to behold. They are literally at the same color as my laptop!

In the hands it feels smooth in texture and construction and clearly no shortcuts were taken with the build quality - clearly all your money is going towards the dac itself, not some fancy packaging you are bound to forget about anyway. For a device of this footprint, it has a surprising weight to it, and I mean that in the best way possible. This does not feel like a cheap toy at all. This is meant to be a serious device for the discerning listener.

For macs (lol whats an audio driver?
cool.gif
) it is as simple as plug and play. A little LED turns on indicating the DAC is engaged. Unlike some other dacs I have use, this unit has yet to get exceedingly hot after me pushing them hard for some time. Again these are early days yet, but thus far these seem to be very well engineered. I am definitely impressed by the thought that has gone into it's design construction. 

So.... they look good and feel good, but how do they sound?

Honestly I just received these today and I don't know if I have enough hours on these to comment on them definitely. But here is the thing - my daily drivers are the FiiO X7 and LH Geek Out V2, and listening to the ZuperDAC, I don't feel I am getting a massive downgrade or that I am missing out on anything and thats what surprised me the most....

In fact, I found myself actually listening and enjoying my music rather than attempting to dissect every detail and evaluate every aspect of the sound. But I will say that the ZuperDAC is very natural sounding with a very musical character to it. Does that mean its rolled off and bassy? Of course not! It sports a natural, detailed and engaging sound with impressive resolution, but more so - it has this addicting and effortless sound signature that has me digging through my music collection to test my favourite tracks. You might think these have that traditional sabre glare, but so far it hasn't reared its ugly head yet. In fact, it has a rather nice and full natural bass response compared to the relatively anemic FiiO X7 and Geek Out V2.

Overall, no glaring weakness or downsides from my initial listening hours. But lordy am I getting a kick out of listening to them. I was initially going to do a comparison with my other dacs (FiiO X7, E17K, LH Geek Out V2 and SMSL M3).  However that plan went right out the window the moment I plugged in my Havi B3 Pro 1 and loaded up my favourite track, which at the moment is We are the ones to fall by Santa Monica.

If You can't tell already, I am absolutley smitten by how the ZuperDAC sounds and my first impression is that it sounds as capable as my higher end gear, but it adds that touch of musically that my other gears lacking, relatively speaking of course. I did notice however that I had to push the volume near its limit to drive stuff like my 320 ohm VE Zen 1, so I do wish this unit had more headroom in terms of volume. Then again we are talking about something the size of a USB thumbstick so it's not a deal breaker either.

Am I saying that it beats my top end stuff? No, of course not, more so because I honestly haven't had the time to properly A/B against all my toys yet. Frankly, I am having way too much fun with the ZuperDAC and the hard work can wait till later :p

For now, I am off to musical bliss: 

A big thanks to my good friend @WaynesWorld for bringing this device to my attention. Good call bud :)  Definitely worth the wait!!

I will update with more impressions as things progress. Thanks for reading my ramblings 
wink.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these have an Output Impedance of 4 Ohms. 

Nice review, and having received them recently, I agree with you. Very clear and resolving indeed.

Just one correction - according to Zorloo, the output impedance is 4.7 ohms. Makes me a bit worried, since I recently ordered a 16 ohm IEM. Let's see how they pair..

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #30,375 of 35,472
Call me old fashioned but i just got this for less than $30 and it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back