Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #29,431 of 35,472
I posted some early thoughts about my first tube amp the xDuoo TA-03 over at: http://www.head-fi.org/t/811226/xduoo-ta-03-tube-amplifier-24bit-192khz-usb-dac-impressions-and-reviews-thread

Fantastic amp offering that has opened my eyes to what amps can do for one's music enjoyment! Chinese amps FTW!

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #29,435 of 35,472
Hope you enjoy them when they arrive. I'm listening to mine right now
biggrin.gif

And? How are they? I have high hopes.

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #29,436 of 35,472

Because I want to hear this knockoff and see just how good these guys are getting! Or not:smirk:

I have time to order that T4 and depending on how this 5 BA sounds as to whether I'll get that triple/single hybe:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If for nothing else to hear it myself headsup with the DQSM2:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mochill my brother, I am with you 110% on the TFZ Series 1's:thumbsup:

:beers:

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #29,437 of 35,472
  And? How are they? I have high hopes.

I think they're great. The only other earphone I've heard at this level is the FCL 8S. I thought it was really good, but it never really excited me at all. This hybrid does. The FLC really lacked in the bass department for me. Not enough in quantity, and lacking in sub-bass extension. I like some serious rumble which is why comments on the Shockwave III are always nibbling away at the back of my mind. 
biggrin.gif

As I mentioned to someone in a PM recently (keep in mind these are just my opinions and observations and in comparison to my other earphones, most of which are listed in my profile);

"The EE846 is a fairly warm and bassy earphone, but the bass is not at all overpowering. I actually thought they were bass-lite when I first listened, then I got used to them. Their sub-bass extension is pretty impressive. Mids are amazing. Lots of detail, not recessed, good separation. Treble is well-extended but exceptionally smooth. I didn't think BAs could be that smooth and relaxing while still putting out lots of detail. Soundstage is one of the largest I've come across. Close to the Havi B3 for sure (Fixed my B3 today and a/b'd them so while it was initially based on memory, I still think it holds true. Titan 1 level but with more depth). For my primary music genre, liquid drum and bass, and other forms of EDM these are absolutely perfect. Lucked out I guess since I had no idea what they sounded like when I purchased them."

To add onto that imaging is excellent. Every instrument/effect has it's own distinct location and placement, though I personally would expect this at this price, what with three BAs and one DD working in tandem.

If someone wants a neutral earphone, these aren't it. They're colored, bassy, and hella fun. 
Because I want to hear this knockoff and see just how good these guys are getting! Or not:smirk:

I have time to order that T4 and depending on how this 5 BA sounds as to whether I'll get that triple/single hybe:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If for nothing else to hear it myself headsup with the DQSM2:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mochill my brother, I am with you 110% on the TFZ Series 1's:thumbsup:

Hopefully the above gives you an indication as to what to expect with the EE846 hybrid. I doubt it plays on the same level as the SW3, QT5, or DSQM2, but it's still a good buy imo. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #29,439 of 35,472
TFZ Series 3 and Series 5 in da house.

TFZ Series 3 (1DD)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-TFZ-SERIES-3-SERIES-5-HiFi-Earphones-High-Quality-Dual-Dynamic-in-Ear-Earphones-TFZ/519064_32680994505.html

TFZ Series 5 (1DD)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-TFZ-SERIES-3-SERIES-5-HiFi-Earphones-High-Quality-Dual-Dynamic-in-Ear-Earphones-TFZ/519064_32680994505.html

I expected some BA drivers with these but I guess TFZ will stick with dynamic drivers. Anyone planning to try these out?

Paul 

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #29,441 of 35,472
I think they're great. The only other earphone I've heard at this level is the FCL 8S. I thought it was really good, but it never really excited me at all. This hybrid does. The FLC really lacked in the bass department for me. Not enough in quantity, and lacking in sub-bass extension. I like some serious rumble which is why comments on the Shockwave III are always nibbling away at the back of my mind. :D

As I mentioned to someone in a PM recently (keep in mind these are just my opinions and observations and in comparison to my other earphones, most of which are listed in my profile);

"The EE846 is a fairly warm and bassy earphone, but the bass is not at all overpowering. I actually thought they were bass-lite when I first listened, then I got used to them. Their sub-bass extension is pretty impressive. Mids are amazing. Lots of detail, not recessed, good separation. Treble is well-extended but exceptionally smooth. I didn't think BAs could be that smooth and relaxing while still putting out lots of detail. Soundstage is one of the largest I've come across. Close to the Havi B3 for sure (Fixed my B3 today and a/b'd them so while it was initially based on memory, I still think it holds true. Titan 1 level but with more depth). For my primary music genre, liquid drum and bass, and other forms of EDM these are absolutely perfect. Lucked out I guess since I had no idea what they sounded like when I purchased them."

To add onto that imaging is excellent. Every instrument/effect has it's own distinct location and placement, though I personally would expect this at this price, what with three BAs and one DD working in tandem.

If someone wants a neutral earphone, these aren't it. They're colored, bassy, and hella fun. 

Hopefully the above gives you an indication as to what to expect with the EE846 hybrid. I doubt it plays on the same level as the SW3, QT5, or DSQM2, but it's still a good buy imo. 
. How much did you pay for the Easy T4?,

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #29,442 of 35,472
I think they're great. The only other earphone I've heard at this level is the FCL 8S. I thought it was really good, but it never really excited me at all. This hybrid does. The FLC really lacked in the bass department for me. Not enough in quantity, and lacking in sub-bass extension. I like some serious rumble which is why comments on the Shockwave III are always nibbling away at the back of my mind. :D

THX B9:smiley:

I love my Series 1 TFZ Paul, is there a giant leap with the 3 and 5 over the one all being a single DD? With that said maybe TFZ should have considered some kind of filter system:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #29,443 of 35,472

I also hoped they have BA`s but that`s disappointment. And by price these are direct competition to Fidue A65 which is also single DD. But I doubt they can offer something like Fidue A65.
Just speculation though but S1 seems to have mixed impressions - some love them (probably fun bass-boosted signature fans) and some hate them (analytical nautral signature lovers). 
At least it seems so to me. Really like S5 shell design though.

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #29,444 of 35,472
  I also hoped they have BA`s but that`s disappointment. And by price these are direct competition to Fidue A65 which is also single DD. But I doubt they can offer something like Fidue A65.
Just speculation though but S1 seems to have mixed impressions - some love them (probably fun bass-boosted signature fans) and some hate them (analytical nautral signature lovers). 
At least it seems so to me. Really like S5 shell design though.

I also hoped them to use BA drivers, but nicely tuned DD sounds way better than BA drivers.

I guess it's up to TFZ's tuning skills..
biggrin.gif

Paul

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #29,445 of 35,472
My D2 so far so good.. After plug-in mojo the tasted was difference.
Bass filter is good, just get lower mids, try to used with mids white filter can help up almost the balance sounds signatures.
one thing the clarity of detailed really awesome and huge soundstage :D
03E62B86-D4F3-4870-AE33-24241F8F6946_zps7cb2grhv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back