Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #28,457 of 35,472
Eh, not in this case since the Pro80's are now discontinued it makes perfect sense that the few units still floating around of this excellent headphones will get priced higher.

The Pro80's has been around for many years with stable prices despite being extremely popular.

It's always a good idea to check you facts before posting comments like that. Takstar and the rest of the world did exist before you joined Head-fi.

okay i jumped to conclusion too quick. apologies to those holding stocks and takstar and whoever related and offended as i joined head fi just last year.

May 26, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #28,458 of 35,472
okay i jumped to conclusion too quick. apologies to those holding stocks and takstar and whoever related and offended as i joined head fi just last year.

Nice attitude......

May 26, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #28,459 of 35,472
oh yeah, that's a pain. I've never figured out a way either. Some sites you can just delete the ".m" but for AE it doesn't work. People need to start using the AE app to share links. Much better. 

Me either Bob, I sometimes think it has something to do with me having an account with them. I just usually search whatever it is the lunk was for:smile: i know sad right:confused:

May 26, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #28,460 of 35,472
Well, my 13's have well over 125 hours on them., since I'm in the process of moving I was going through my video game cases and found the Soundtrack disc that came with Witcher 3. Ripped it in ALAC to iTunes and listening now. Wowza

May 26, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #28,461 of 35,472
I spoke to "Sister" Serena Qin (Qin Serena) from HLSX/Magaosi via email. She told me they now directly sell the HLSX 808 on Amazon for $37.99 with free shipping. They only have the gold picture uploaded, but she said "We also have different kind of color for your choice." I will find out more details about that.

www.amazon.com/HLSX-808-Dual-Driver-Earphones-Noise-isolating-Smartphone/dp/B016MLOXJO

May 26, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #28,462 of 35,472

You misunderstand.  I can click on the "m.aliexpress" links and see them.  It's HOW they are displayed that drives me nuts.  All images are tiny postage stamp size.  And a full blank page seems to exist between any lines of text.  I'm seeing the mobile rendition on my desktop.  Absolutely worthless to view.  The recent Topping NX5 amp link is an example.  I need to be able to convert mobile links to normal desktop format for viewing.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32625192258.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Easy-UEs-Custom-Made-Around-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Unit-In-Ear-Dynamic-HIFI-Headphones/519064_32625192258.html

These two links are to the Easy UEs. You can see there are some similarities with both ending in 32625192258.html. Maybe someone here can reverse engineer it to make it work. Other than that, I got nothing man. I tried.

May 26, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #28,463 of 35,472
  I spoke to "Sister" Serena Qin (Qin Serena) from HLSX/Magaosi via email. She told me they now directly sell the HLSX 808 on Amazon for $37.99 with free shipping. They only have the gold picture uploaded, but she said "We also have different kind of color for your choice." I will find out more details about that.

www.amazon.com/HLSX-808-Dual-Driver-Earphones-Noise-isolating-Smartphone/dp/B016MLOXJO

What I want are the black-cabled versions that the HLSX boss sent pictures of to robervaul. Those are much nicer looking IMO.

EDIT: Found out that they're the Magaosi M1.

May 26, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #28,464 of 35,472
Between the Hisenior TDP-1 and HCK UE custom with the 8mm driver, are they any different? I have the HCK UE custom and it sounds pretty good for the price, warm with some veiling in the upper mids and treble. Does the 8mm enhanced bass driver fare similarly? It costs noticeably more too so I was wondering whats up with the difference there.

May 26, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #28,465 of 35,472
  New package received today, so OOTB:

HLSX-808: A nicely tuned hybrid, balanced, no aggressivity, some sibilances and details indicate a small treble peak but high in frequency, so not a real concern. Very nice find 1clearhead.

good good good... 
tongue.gif

**** VT66: Balanced, I mean really balanced, I was not expecting that from a $15 iem, all you can do eventually is -1dB or -2dB in the bass nothing else. Cable is very soft ( I'm looking at you KZ ), sadly no chin slider, but you can use them straight down or over the ear ( don't forget to invert stereo ).

Very interesting! Was looking them already sometime ago but no impressions so I didn`t buy them. Look really nice and small!

May 26, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #28,467 of 35,472
  Anyone know a fairly inexpensive IEM with a similar sound to Aurisonics Rockets, any chance?

The SHOZY Zero has a similar tuning. Not identical but similar :wink:

May 26, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #28,468 of 35,472
  The SHOZY Zero has a similar tuning. Not identical but similar :wink:

Hmm. I thought the Rockets had a more linear and neutral sound. i had the zero and did not find them to be either of those.
I've seen review comparing the Rockets to the Shure SE535 which I did not think was similar to the Zero sound. Maybe a similar tuning but that's really about it IMO?
Either way, its' good to have multiple opinions, so glad I asked.

Looking for something more for studio monitoring/recording so I'm looking for something really closer to an Etymotic sound probably. I had thought the Rockets were pretty linear but a little more exciting than the Ety sound.

May 26, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #28,469 of 35,472

That would be great, thanks! I have to send you some of my iems too, like the new Intopics and of course the 808s.
(Un)fortunately I won't return until the end of September. Let's get in touch then.

Sound like fun, lets get in contact when you're back home. Don't be afraid to remind me if I forget, after all I'm an old man :)

May 26, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #28,470 of 35,472

Hmm. I thought the Rockets had a more linear and neutral sound. i had the zero and did not find them to be either of those.
I've seen review comparing the Rockets to the Shure SE535 which I did not think was similar to the Zero sound. Maybe a similar tuning but that's really about it IMO?
Either way, its' good to have multiple opinions, so glad I asked.

Looking for something more for studio monitoring/recording so I'm looking for something really closer to an Etymotic sound probably. I had thought the Rockets were pretty linear but a little more exciting than the Ety sound.

The Zero has more bass presence and better subbass extension but I'd still say that they share the overall signature that's warm, smooth and laid back. Fwiw quite a few persons in the Zero thread has mentioned them being similar to the Rockets and ASG 1PLUS (which to me is a diredt upgrade to the Rockets) but as always ymmw. 

IIRC correctly I did a comparison between the Rockets and Zero in my Zero review. 

To put it another way: the Zero is the one cheaper IEM that I've heard that sounds the most like the Rockets :wink:

If you've heard the HD650 I find the signature of the Rockets to be quite similar to them (with all the caveats when comparing full sized cans and IEM's of course). 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back