Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #28,426 of 35,472
Hy, does anybody try the 2016 HCK UE custom and can tell me how does it sound? Thx!

This was my foray into the Chinese customs and I feel I made a fantastic choice in a single DD custom
bigsmile_face.gif
I absolutely love the sound of these and I increased it when I put a sweet 8 core silver plate on it
wink_face.gif

Loving that new silver cable B9
cool.gif

beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #28,428 of 35,472
I pressed the "Pay" button for a TK13! It's my first China iem, all because of you guys la...feel a bit guilty to have another phone!

Here, let me ease your guilt
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #28,430 of 35,472
New package received today, so OOTB:

HLSX-808: A nicely tuned hybrid, balanced, no aggressivity, some sibilances and details indicate a small treble peak but high in frequency, so not a real concern. Very nice find 1clearhead.

MusicMaker TW1: First, contrary to what has been written in the thread, the shells are light metal ( maybe aluminum ) not plastic. Another iem from MM, a micro driver slightly V-shaped, but I'm nitpicking, I detect a little treble peak fairly high in freq, but need more time with them, tips and insertion are important with micro iems.

**** VT66: Balanced, I mean really balanced, I was not expecting that from a $15 iem, all you can do eventually is -1dB or -2dB in the bass nothing else. Cable is very soft ( I'm looking at you KZ ), sadly no chin slider, but you can use them straight down or over the ear ( don't forget to invert stereo ).

Shozy Zero: Sadly it was missing, so maybe next time.

Right now, all are keepers, HLSX received a lot of feedback in the thread, the MusicMaker, well it's a MusicMaker :wink:, the real surprise is the **** because I bought it blind, no regret in the end, if like me you appreciate the Joyroom E107, try to listen to this ****.

May 25, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #28,431 of 35,472
New package received today, so OOTB:

HLSX-808: A nicely tuned hybrid, balanced, no aggressivity, some sibilances and details indicate a small treble peak but high in frequency, so not a real concern. Very nice find 1clearhead.

MusicMaker TW1: First, contrary to what has been written in the thread, the shells are light metal ( maybe aluminum ) not plastic. Another iem from MM, a micro driver slightly V-shaped, but I'm nitpicking, I detect a little treble peak fairly high in freq, but need more time with them, tips and insertion are important with micro iems.

**** VT66: Balanced, I mean really balanced, I was not expecting that from a $15 iem, all you can do eventually is -1dB or -2dB in the bass nothing else. Cable is very soft ( I'm looking at you KZ ), sadly no chin slider, but you can use them straight down or over the ear ( don't forget to invert stereo ).

Shozy Zero: Sadly it was missing, so maybe next time.

Right now, all are keepers, HLSX received a lot of feedback in the thread, the MusicMaker, well it's a MusicMaker :wink:, the real surprise is the **** because I bought it blind, no regret in the end, if like me you appreciate the Joyroom E107, try to listen to this ****.
glad to see positive feedbacks for TW1.. mine is otw.. i thought its metal not plastic, happy that it is..

May 25, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #28,432 of 35,472
Another question about these are they really hybrids? I listened to the Highsenior today (very nice btw) and I also Spoke to Gareth from Topeco and he told me 
Code:
[color=rgb(51,51,51)]
The earphone equipped with 1x Hisenior Bass Enhanced DD driver
[/color]

Now really don't know which one to get. I'd like to have another hybrid but I already know the Hisenior version sounds good and they're about the same price.
wait let me ask easy. But these are really good though. I had the **** ue hybrids, i sold them off. These had a very noticeable lead over them.

May 25, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #28,433 of 35,472
Well $42 and two days later my UE "New Style" cable is here. Looks great, feels great, is more flexible and is of course longer (64" vs 48").

Here's where I believe it gets interesting. The sound is different. With stock cables the sound is balanced across the freqs, bass is emphasized, mids slightly forward, highs are detailed but not overdone. With this cable it appears to make them more v-shaped, bass is definitely heavier, vocals seem to drop back a bit, highs become a bit more detailed. More concert hall sounding, its less center of head focused and more spread out but not exactly a wider sound stage, hard for me to describe since I'm still a novice. I keep going back and forth and I swear I'm hearing a noticeable difference. My coworker who has the UEs too can hear a difference. I'm actually not mind it. 

I have 30 days to play around with them so I'll do just that over the next couple of weeks

May 25, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #28,435 of 35,472
May 25, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #28,439 of 35,472
how is echobox a chinese brand?

Sorry good sir. I didn't know where to post it. I'll post something else. I will also have a review of the Shozy Zero. Once the shipping problems are ironed out. 

May 25, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #28,440 of 35,472
Sorry good sir. I didn't know where to post it. I'll post something else. I will also have a review of the Shozy Zero. Once the shipping problems are ironed out. 
anw the x1 is a legit iem u will like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back