Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #27,751 of 35,472
podster is your finger twitching to buy now :L3000:

I've yet to buy a wooden iem, been watching all if them and I'm just not sure which one I want to commit too! Twitch is something I never do, with me I see and I get it or get out of there:beers:

May 18, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #27,752 of 35,472
I've yet to buy a wooden iem, been watching all if them and I'm just not sure which one I want to commit too! Twitch is something I never do, with me I see and I get it or get out of there:beers:

i rmb the wrong person haha
it is @crabdog who always post my finger is twitching
tongue_smile.gif

this may well be your first one!

May 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #27,753 of 35,472

i rmb the wrong person haha
it is @crabdog who always post my finger is twitching
tongue_smile.gif

this may well be your first one!

Haha, you're right but it's only because I'm rather poor and can only dream of buying all these iems. Will have my Zero soon and can't wait to see how they compare to the K4. I feel a bit like @Lurk650 with his Maples because I'm likiing the K4 more than my other more expensive iems and wondering if I'm just crazy. 
blink.gif

May 18, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #27,754 of 35,472
Haha, you're right but it's only because I'm rather poor and can only dream of buying all these iems. Will have my Zero soon and can't wait to see how they compare to the K4. I feel a bit like @Lurk650
 with his Maples because I'm likiing the K4 more than my other more expensive iems and wondering if I'm just crazy. :blink:
thats lurk speaking because he doesnt get his tk13 yet, and no longer has his tk12.../hahaha

May 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #27,755 of 35,472
  Haha, you're right but it's only because I'm rather poor and can only dream of buying all these iems. Will have my Zero soon and can't wait to see how they compare to the K4. I feel a bit like @Lurk650 with his Maples because I'm likiing the K4 more than my other more expensive iems and wondering if I'm just crazy. 
blink.gif

its alright I prefer my vjjb v1 to more expensive iems

May 18, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #27,756 of 35,472
Hey guys, since some of you seem to have tested about 10000 of these Asian IEMs, are there any set under 100$ that you would recommend to listen to metal? (August burns red, born of osiris, other types)

If possible a pair under 50$ would be even better. I am putting together a list of future potential buys for whenever I get a bit of money to buy a new pair. 

May 18, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #27,757 of 35,472
May 18, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #27,758 of 35,472
  Hey guys, since some of you seem to have tested about 10000 of these Asian IEMs, are there any set under 100$ that you would recommend to listen to metal? (August burns red, born of osiris, other types)

If possible a pair under 50$ would be even better. I am putting together a list of future potential buys for whenever I get a bit of money to buy a new pair. 

you just need a basshead iem lol

May 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #27,759 of 35,472

They'll sit at the upper end of your price range, but the best iems I've heard for metal have been JVC's HA-FXH30. They've got the speed, separation, and tonality to do metal justice. They single-handedly got me back into thrash they played it so well. I'm sure others will have some helpful suggestions.

May 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #27,761 of 35,472
They'll sit at the upper end of your price range, but the best iems I've heard for metal have been JVC's HA-FXH30. They've got the speed, separation, and tonality to do metal justice. They single-handedly got me back into thrash they played it so well. I'm sure others will have some helpful suggestions.

Are they a cheaper version of the JCV HA-FXT90? They are indeed cheap enough, will put on my to-consider list! Thanks haha. 

**Edit: Sorry for the double post, I forgot that we could edit our messages here! 

May 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #27,762 of 35,472
The SMSL M2 has a special place in my collection as it is was my very first DAC/AMP, and to this day it is one of the cleanest and most neutral dacs you can buy for < $100 and it has both a line out and optical out. Its the size of a credit card and even has a volume dial. I included some pictures for a size comparison.

So when the SMSL M3 came out, I took advantage of that huge aliexpress sale and ordered my pair. Took its sweet time getting to me but I have been using it for the last 2 weeks. Mainly bought it to use with my Playstation 3 to replace my FiiO E17, but damn does it sound good. Loving what SMSL is doing with their more affordable gear.

The SMSL M3 has rear RCA out, as well as USB and Optical In. More power than I know what to do with and its transportable, able to be powered by cellphones and the like. It is built like a tank and truly feels like a premium product in the hands. Even came with a small micro to micro USB cable to connect to phones, which is always appreciated! This one was worth every penny and I can suggest it to others with no hesitation.

The sound is clear, neutral and with a big soundstage. Crazy separation, can hear individual elements of a song very clearly. I am surprised by its clarity and resolution, especially considering the price point! Bravo SMSL :) 

In the pics I have the M3 with the Rear RCA out to my new baby the Venture Electronics RA 2.0 ( ) driving my all time favourite open back, the venerable Sony MA900 ( ). A timeless classic and an absolute legend, good enough that I can live with it as my only full size.

May 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #27,763 of 35,472
Hey! I'm on the market for a new in ears. I own a full sized Takstar for home plus a Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro on the amp.

For in ears I own Klpisch Image S4 which I find amazing but they're old (I dont mean they're no cool anymore, I mean theyre physically beat up). I bought last year a Xiaomi Piston which was AWESOME for the price but not superior to the Klipsch Image S4 and not as comfortable for me... and with a tendency to fall off my ear. I ended up giving it away to a friend. It was still a positive experience. So, what can you recommend me for less than $100?

Don't think about music styles cause I listen to EVERYTHING. And I mean everything, so neutral tends to be my style. I love myself some instrument separation and details. 

May 18, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #27,764 of 35,472
Are they a cheaper version of the JCV HA-FXT90? They are indeed cheap enough, will put on my to-consider list! Thanks haha. 

**Edit: Sorry for the double post, I forgot that we could edit our messages here! 

They're the follow-up to the FXD80, and are better than both those and the FXT90 IMO. I've got a review kicking around here somewhere that you might want to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back