Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #27,496 of 35,472
bette i.valux (230+hours) - HLSX 808 (100+hours)

After more than 100hours of the 808, the difference unveiled.
both sound signatures are very similar but the 808 has better isolation and 3d images than the bette. especially the 808 sounds tighter bass.

How does it have better isolation? They are the same exact design despite the back port hole being in a different location. 

May 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #27,497 of 35,472
Since no mods addressed my inquiry as to whether or not these were safe to talk about, talk I will!! **Until advised otherwise of course**

I figure they are safe to talk about since they are clearly not JVC HA-FXT90s. Yes the housing is very similar, but design wise everything else is very different.

As mentioned, these Tingos strongly resemble the FXT90, an iem which I am very familiar with (have two, one more-or-less unused as backup). The plastic used is of good quality and they feel very solid. The rubber strain relief on the housing is quite flexible which came as a surprise.

The cable is similar to those used by KZ, but not nearly as sticky (it's more like the EDse's excellent cable) and a touch thinner above the y-split (about the same as the HDS1, which is thin). Microphonics are pretty poor, but wearing them over-ear is possible and works wonders. Certainly not my favorite cable, but acceptable.

The inline mic and controls are great! Callers say I sound very clear. All three buttons are fully compatible with my HTC One M8 with the +/- ones enabling track skipping. 

Now, for the important part. Did you enjoy the sound of the FXT90? Maybe you thought the soundstage was too small, or there was a bit too much midbass. Well rejoice! Tingo maintained the same aggressive signature as the JVCs, but upped the soundstage in a notable way. Ootb I was very pleased with how airy they were. Midbass has also been toned down. It's not necessarily better, but more of a preference change. Other than that their mids, detail, clarity, instrument separation, etc. are all spot on and go head-to-head with the JVCs which are no slouch. These things are awesome for metal and rock, and have just enough bass and warmth to work well with electronic and hip hop.

Also, the stats said the drivers were 7mm. Nah son. They look nigh identical to the FXT90s 5.8mm drivers, so they've got to be around the same size, 6mm at most.

I bought them here but they're no longer available; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Tingo-High-Quality-Best-Bass-3-5mm-Earphones-Headphones-For-IPhone-Samsung-Xiaomi-MP3-4/32616758390.html

Maybe someone will find them on Taobao or another like site. Either way, I strongly recommend checking them out if you're looking for an aggressive sounding dual driver with a good mic and Android compatible controls. Since my FXH30 doesn't have a mic, these will probably become my go-to daily drivers. So far they're been doing a great job.

May 13, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #27,498 of 35,472
  i just got a pair of kjjb k4 and can share some initial impressions:
aesthetics, fit and finish are excellent--definitely a class above kz and other budget faves; they look and feel like a $50-100 iem. comfort is likewise excellent--very light, easy to get good seal; isolation surprisingly good for such a small form factor. sonically, these are a classic v-shape--bass and treble forward, mids somehat thin and recessed. bass has a lot of quantity and well controlled, though not particularly deep--you don't feel a lot of subbass. mids, as stated, are not emphasized and somewhat in the back of the mix. high end is quite smooth, slightly rolled off at the extremes and non-fatiguing; neither hyper-detailed nor overly bright. soundstage fairly small, but imaging precise--you can place instruments  accurately on the stage. overall, a very "airy" sound; not as revealing as some pricier iems (the tk12 comes to mind) or an in-your face rush like the hlsx808; more of a laidback presentation, but non the worse for it.

you sir are spot on

May 14, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #27,499 of 35,472
Look what just showed up at my door:  MusicMaker TW1 ER4 

Please forgive the quick cellphone picture:

Out of the box this thing has some bass kick.  I wonder if it will tame down after burn in.

The housings are SUPER tiny, a little hard to insert in the ear, but once in, they are super light.  

Cable and build is very nice.  

looks cool, might be getting this haha.. im interested with musicmaker that im putting a plan to slowly collect the line, except shockwave, that will be much later haha

May 14, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #27,500 of 35,472
Shipping from Easy on Ali Express.. whats the usual shipping time? Its been a month and i still havent had a pair of iems arrive. This is with the free shipping option. Seems quite a long time to me.

May 14, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #27,502 of 35,472
I am in Australia. Its 4 weeks exactly tomorrow since i ordered the Easy M2, says it hasnt even left China.

May 14, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #27,503 of 35,472
  How does it have better isolation? They are the same exact design despite the back port hole being in a different location. 

It is hard to explain.  I easily understand the different between the 808 and the bette. Blue one is bette , Gold one is 808

the back holes are the same location as following:

White piece is spin fit I found on Japanese amazon.  As the bette with spin fit has different signature from the bette with original M size piece, it is hard to discern.  one with spinfit might be near isolation and 3D images of the 808. (the 808 with normal pieces is different signature from the bette with spin-fit.) I guess this is the improve points of th 808 from the bette.

May 14, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #27,505 of 35,472

It is hard to explain.  I easily understand the different between the 808 and the bette. Blue one is bette , Gold one is 808

the back holes are the same location as following:

White piece is spin fit I found on Japanese amazon.  As the bette with spin fit has different signature from the bette with original M size piece, it is hard to discern.  one with spinfit might be near isolation and 3D images of the 808. (the 808 with normal pieces is different signature from the bette with spin-fit.) I guess this is the improve points of th 808 from the bette.

You need to use the same tips on both though. The 808 is wide bore and the Bette is narrow. Plus two different shapes which will cause different isolation (seal to block outside noise)

May 14, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #27,506 of 35,472

You need to use the same tips on both though. The 808 is wide bore and the Bette is narrow. Plus two different shapes which will cause different isolation (seal to block outside noise)

I see. when two earphones uses the same pieces and under the same condition, the 808 is better isolation and 3d images than the bette, but it is similar sound signature with.
The first picture is a shot of  bulk packages both the 808 and the bette.

isolation and 3D image: the 808 with original M piece >= the bette with spin fit > the bette with original M piece.

May 14, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #27,507 of 35,472
hello everyone so which is now the best iem in this thread

something with great bas, mids, highs, and soundstage

May 14, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #27,508 of 35,472
Shipping from Easy on Ali Express.. whats the usual shipping time? Its been a month and i still havent had a pair of iems arrive. This is with the free shipping option. Seems quite a long time to me.

Depends on your luck imo, I still haven't received my Easy M2 even tho it left china on april 21st and I originally bought it on march 29th (47 days now), but as for the other things I've heard/read it's pretty fast for free shipping.

May 14, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #27,509 of 35,472
Depends on your luck imo, I still haven't received my Easy M2 even tho it left china on april 21st and I originally bought it on march 29th (47 days now), but as for the other things I've heard/read it's pretty fast for free shipping.

it looks likw my sendiy m2 which i have and did not like

May 14, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #27,510 of 35,472

Damn ok.. i see they say it can take from 15-45 days on the free shipping. Just hope it arrives before i leave away for a few weeks at the end of june.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back