Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #27,527 of 35,472
depend on luck, external factor such as festive season, weather, like force majeure stuff, and also!!!!! depend on the courier.. i had one parcel from easy being violated upon arrival.. tough luck, now everytime i ordered from AE i message seller asking them not to use Sing Post.

Agreed with you about avoiding singpost. I finally received my x3. Listening my m2 with x3 now. I'm very satisfied with my second order of m2. Not missing my sendiy m2 with the recently received easy m2. Louder and similar SQ.

May 14, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #27,528 of 35,472
bette i.valux (230+hours) - HLSX 808 (100+hours)

After more than 100hours of the 808, the difference unveiled.
both sound signatures are very similar but the 808 has better isolation and 3d images than the bette. especially the 808 sounds tighter bass.

Thanks for the quick comparison.
wink.gif
 .....good to know!

May 14, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #27,529 of 35,472
May 14, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #27,531 of 35,472
So someone said that we can't talk about a Chinese IEM that borrows the SE846 model number, is that correct? We talk about plenty of Chinese IEMs that borrow the IE800 model number, and some that even borrow the shell design, but aren't outright clones. In American case law at least, a model number cannot be trademarked. It is only when they falsely claim to be an original that they are fairly banned from discussion, like some CKR9LTDs and such, as I understand it.

I don't have any of the Chinese SE846 models, but I note that both Easy and HCK have one.

May 14, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #27,532 of 35,472
So someone said that we can't talk about a Chinese IEM that borrows the SE846 model number, is that correct? We talk about plenty of Chinese IEMs that borrow the IE800 model number, and some that even borrow the shell design, but aren't outright clones. In American case law at least, a model number cannot be trademarked. It is only when they falsely claim to be an original that they are fairly banned from discussion, like some CKR9LTDs and such, as I understand it.

I don't have any of the Chinese SE846 models, but I note that both Easy and HCK have one.

No idea. I bought Easy's SE846. Haven't said a peep about it because of the CKR9 debacle, just in case. I did cover Tingo's HA-FXT90 "themed" earphone a few pages back however. That thing is f'ing boss for ~25 CAD.

May 14, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #27,533 of 35,472
No idea. I bought Easy's SE846. Haven't said a peep about it because of the CKR9 debacle, just in case. I did cover Tingo's HA-FXT90 "themed" earphone a few pages back however. That thing is f'ing boss for ~25 CAD.

Your SE846 doesn't say "Shure" anywhere on the packaging, right? As long as not, I want to hear your review. I was burned by the Tingo FL800, so not really interested in their products. LOL.

May 14, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #27,534 of 35,472

Yeah, I really wish they could stop doing that, especially Easy. Use the same shells, sure, but putting some other company's logo on them has to be bad for business, at least for a seller who has a lot of clients from here. They might release some real gem, but no one will be able to recommend it, and I'm sure some of us are reluctant to buy fakes even if they are good..

May 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #27,535 of 35,472
Other question: has anyone tried that 50mm DD + 6 BA fullsize that Easy is selling? Not at all sure how that would work (wouldn't the DD overpower the BA's?), but I suppose if could be an interesting concept of it works..

May 14, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #27,536 of 35,472
Yeah, I really wish they could stop doing that, especially Easy. Use the same shells, sure, but putting some other company's logo on them has to be bad for business, at least for a seller who has a lot of clients from here. They might release some real gem, but no one will be able to recommend it, and I'm sure some of us are reluctant to buy fakes even if they are good..

Agreed. The feedback I left specifically said leave off the Shure branding so they could be talked about on some popular online forums. 
tongue.gif

The Tingos unfortunately have JVC branding (poorly copied), which I was not expecting to see. The pictures showed a blank back plate. Didn't look photoshopped out. They're really good and different enough from the FXT90 to have been sold on their own merits. Disappointing that they had to toss on some false branding.

May 15, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #27,540 of 35,472
  Hey guys I have a question, here in Brazil when we buy a product from other country that costs more than USD $50, the government chargers us 60% of taxes. How does it work in your country?

It's more like a Russian roulette for me. We have something like 30% duty fee on importing electronic items that costs more than 10000 Indian rupees (roughly 150 US$). Unfortunately, this valuation is purely at the discretion of customs officer's subjective perspective. I had instances where I had to pay double the cost of IEMs I had imported, as duty fee (case in point, Brainwavz 0).

Many a times, when the parcels that comes through China registered airmail or Hong Kong posts, I rarely ever had to pay any duty (Singapore post though fast has always created a duty fee situation for me). Also when the package is small and light weight, more often than not, escapes any duty fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back