Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #27,001 of 35,472
Yea when i first got it the firmware was 1.4 i think and i immediately updated to 1.6 because i heard there was an issue with the scroll wheel on older firmwares. I used to run on vol 32 on my im70s and the x1 could last about 6 hrs before dropping one bar of battery. With an amp you will definitely save some battery life but how much i am not too sure because i hate having an amp and the X1 on my pocket. Its kinda bulky  

Looks like 1.61 is the latest firmware from February. Yeah size is why I was gonna go for the M3 but no line out made me change my mind

May 6, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #27,002 of 35,472
Guys my SMSL M3 finally got in today. Absolutely top notch packaging and the M3 feels mint in the hands, its got some seriously good build quality!

This thing packs a HUGE wallop in terms of power. Lots of input and output options, and sound quality is great as well. Will test it with other amps and see how the dac performs by itself. Funny thing, the tracking didn't update since April 4th where it was opened by exports in china. Then zilch nada nothing. No updates and poof shows up in my mail box. 

Anyway getting back to the M3, comes bunched with a regular usb to micro cable and a freaking micro to micro cable. Means you can use it with phones! Thats hella dope 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #27,004 of 35,472
I sold my X1 for a Xduoo X3. I've never been happier with a DAP. Zero regrets.

That's what I'll maybe try next if the X1 doesn't work out. The 8hr battery life doesn't sound fun though lol

May 6, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #27,005 of 35,472
That's what I'll maybe try next if the X1 doesn't work out. The 8hr battery life doesn't sound fun though lol

I always charge my stuff for like 12 hours before even turning on just to ensure best battery condition... I got about 9-10 hours on both the X1 and X3 I feel like? just going by memory on the X1 though... sold it about 2mo ago

May 6, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #27,006 of 35,472
I always charge my stuff for like 12 hours before even turning on just to ensure best battery condition... I got about 9-10 hours on both the X1 and X3 I feel like? just going by memory on the X1 though... sold it about 2mo ago

Yeah, last I read about 10-12, hoping for 12 with the amp. The xduoo though is only 8hrs from the specs. My 4th Gen touch is 40 hrs so I never notice low battery bc it always charges in my car.

May 6, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #27,007 of 35,472
I don't wanna take the thread too far off topic so feel free to PM me if you got any specific questions but when I'm in my car I got a dual usb charger so I can plug in the Xduoo if need be... when I'm at home I definitely get better than 8h on it, cause I didn't have a computer for about a week and a half and used the X3+C5 combo nonstop during that time. I only charged one device a day. v
redface.gif
v

(I actually use MP3 CD's in the car but that's just for my own safety so I don't get sucked into folder browsing while driving)

May 6, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #27,008 of 35,472
Well unfortunately Ontrac lied and said they made a delivery attempt 10 minutes ago. They've been good since after Xmas but I should have known it wouldn't last long. May drive down in a little while to their warehouse and see about grabbing it if it's there

May 7, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #27,010 of 35,472
Why does all links from Aliexpress/Taobao open as affiliate and I am unable to reach the sites corresponding to the products.
On Taoboa it used to brings me to some kind of Russian things (I am not in Russia or have a Russian language based browser). On Aliexpress it just open the Aliexpress homepage...

I have to manually copy paste links.

Why is this happening?

Am I the only one with this issue? Do I need to check for spywares (though I am pretty sure my computer is clean)?

May 7, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #27,011 of 35,472
Why does all links from Aliexpress/Taobao open as affiliate and I am unable to reach the sites corresponding to the products.
On Taoboa it brings me to some kind of Russian things (I am not in Russia or have a Russian language based browser). On Aliexpress it just open the Aliexpress homepage...

I have to manually copy paste links.

Why is this happening?

Am I the only one with this issue? Do I need to check for spywares (though I am pretty sure my computer is clean)?

I think they have been disabled on purpose.

May 7, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #27,013 of 35,472
Drove down to Ontrac warehouse and grabbed my X1. HP out, meh, nothing special. Switch to line out and connect to my E12. Much, much better. The Line Out from the X1 is louder than my iPod. Not sure if its any better than my iPod though, will need to do extensive listening this weekend. Might just be the E12 working its magic lol

Only downside is all the damn buttons on the front for the rubber bands to hold them together, will need to find velcro or something. 

EDIT: Don't need a while weekend. An hour of listening right now and this combo trumps the iPod. Details and clarity are superb. Music seems more natural. Better separation in the music. I think sound stage width is less than iPod but it gained height and depth.

May 7, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #27,014 of 35,472

The alien has landed.
I have never felt a construction nicer than this. All metal, no ********.

Shozy deserves a clap for the construction. Will post details and a review as soon as i figure how this works, without a screen and with just those 5 buttons.

May 7, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #27,015 of 35,472
So, my Lyxpros broke, bad soldering of the jack. Meh. Got a full refund though.
What are the best on-ear, edit:closed headphones for around $40, from Taobao or Amazon?
Looking at the Superlux HD668B and the Edifier H850. Are they any good?
Thanks!

Edit2:I got a pair of Takstar HI2050's. I hope I didn't mess up. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back