Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #26,986 of 35,472
So I just received the 2016 UEs (ownluxe) and after first listening they are literally piercing my ears with treble and higher mids on my FiiO X3II with EQ off. If reduce the higher frequencies by ~3-4dB in EQ they become bearable and actually nice sounding. For now I'll leave them burning in, maybe the highs will calm down by then.

May 6, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #26,987 of 35,472
  So, do tell. What's so great about them? I'd think that they'd get gunked up pretty quick. Even being diligent keeping ears clean, it doesn't take long for foamies to get rather waxy.

I dunno man they've stayed pretty clean. I know how gross foams and silicons can get and these stay strangely clean. The inner core isn't very big so the velvet fits to your ear shape really nicely and feels a little fuzzy which I like. It basically gives you the benefits of foams without the pressure/sound absorption problems foams present. I've only had mine for about a month so I can't comment on long term longevity but all I know is I want more!!!

May 6, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #26,988 of 35,472
  There's really no way in the world you could get a good seal with those velvet tips. I can imagine they'd go very well with something like the ROCK Zircon though.

Don't knock it until you try it dude
wink_face.gif

You'd be surprised, unforunately there's none to be bought right now so you wouldn't know anyway
frown.gif

May 6, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #26,990 of 35,472
So I just received the 2016 UEs (ownluxe) and after first listening they are literally piercing my ears with treble and higher mids on my FiiO X3II with EQ off. If reduce the higher frequencies by ~3-4dB in EQ they become bearable and actually nice sounding. For now I'll leave them burning in, maybe the highs will calm down by then.

Strange. What tips are you using?

May 6, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #26,991 of 35,472
  If you search AliExpress with 'silicone flocking earbuds' you'll find them. Just bought a few lots myself just now. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Incredible! No idea how you found those, i tried for so long!
I hope they live up to the hype I built up. I really do think they're the best IEM tips I ever used.

FWIW i always use Small size silicon or foam and these work perfect for me.

May 6, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #26,992 of 35,472
Strange. What tips are you using?

The default ones they came with in the package, I also tried the memory foam ones that were in the package and a pair I had on my KZ's, Didn't hear a difference honestly. The highs seem oversaturated, they have like a hissy feel to them. But maybe it's my ears and I just got used to my KZ ZN1 Mini which are dark according to my friends who gave a listen to them. 

On the other side, the bass is perfect and the soundstage is way bigger than with KZs.

May 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #26,993 of 35,472
Guys, bought kz zs2 for beauty, Cheapo beauty. Let's see how bassy they are. :p
**** UE was on top of my list after the Easy UE but they don't have the lucrative discount on them right now. :)

Those velvet tips have been in my cart for a long long time, but I'm a cheapstake so couldn't convince myself. Bought triple flanges instead. xD

May 6, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #26,994 of 35,472
  Further, the Auvio tips aren't available in India. Any other recommendation that I can get on Aliexpress? How about Comply tips ? Or KZ wide bore ones?

Comply or any foam tips damp the sound unless you use spherical shape, wide bore tips tend to give less warmth, it's better when you feel it's too bassy.

Shozy Zero ordered 5 days ago.

May 6, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #26,995 of 35,472
The default ones they came with in the package, I also tried the memory foam ones that were in the package and a pair I had on my KZ's, Didn't hear a difference honestly. The highs seem oversaturated, they have like a hissy feel to them. But maybe it's my ears and I just got used to my KZ ZN1 Mini which are dark according to my friends who gave a listen to them. 

On the other side, the bass is perfect and the soundstage is way bigger than with KZs.

Hmm. Hopefully should get better with burn in, physical and brain. They sit right on that edge for my ears but it's a perfect edge. It's crisp and bright but never been piercing.

May 6, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #26,996 of 35,472
  EDIT: Gave in and ordered the Fiio X1, they have a firmware update for Search function now. I'll test it out with the E12 and see how I like it. If I don't feel its worthy I'll just return to Amazon. 

I had an ipod nano 7g before buying the X1 and my first impressions for the X1 were that the interface is kinda slow. Ipod has the smoothest UI experience so far for me so it was a little hard to adjust to the new interface. Sound quality wise didn't notice a big difference except its warmer signature. But give it some more time and you will gradually like it. The only things i like so far are the expansive storage and the surprisingly light metal chassis 

May 6, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #26,997 of 35,472
I had an ipod nano 7g before buying the X1 and my first impressions for the X1 were that the interface is kinda slow. Ipod has the smoothest UI experience so far for me so it was a little hard to adjust to the new interface. Sound quality wise didn't notice a big difference except its warmer signature. But give it some more time and you will gradually like it. The only things i like so far are the expansive storage and the surprisingly light metal chassis 

Did you do the firmware updates? Hoping pairing with the E12 via the line out will help the sound for the better and also save battery life

May 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #26,998 of 35,472
Did you do the firmware updates? Hoping pairing with the E12 via the line out will help the sound for the better and also save battery life

Yea when i first got it the firmware was 1.4 i think and i immediately updated to 1.6 because i heard there was an issue with the scroll wheel on older firmwares. I used to run on vol 32 on my im70s and the x1 could last about 6 hrs before dropping one bar of battery. With an amp you will definitely save some battery life but how much i am not too sure because i hate having an amp and the X1 on my pocket. Its kinda bulky  

May 6, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #26,999 of 35,472
It has been awhile since I visited this thread
wink.gif
  Just got a package from Penon, and figured to drop by with a little teaser:

TFZ Series 1 is a real deal!!!  I only listened for about 10-15 minutes, and the sound really opens up in front of your... ears
biggrin.gif
  Based on the changes I heard right out of the box and 15min later, they definitely need a serious burn in, but I already hear a potential.  Soundstage opened up, very wide.  Upper mids/treble clarify and details are starting to shine.  And the bass... well, get ready for a serious mid-bass slam.  Don't want to jump into any final conclusion because sound is still changing, so I don't know if mid-bass will settle in, but it definitely has a healthy punch, yet still well controlled and without spilling or muddying lower mids.

The packaging is first class, these guys really paid close attention to details.  And as you can see from Penon product page: http://penonaudio.com/TFZ-SERIES-1 as well as manufacturer page: http://www.tfzither.com/about.html you get a ton of design options to choose from.  Impressive for $39.

Will definitely have a full review when I get around to it!

May 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #27,000 of 35,472
  It has been awhile since I visited this thread
wink.gif
  Just got a package from Penon, and figured to drop by with a little teaser:

TFZ Series 1 is a real deal!!!  I only listened for about 10-15 minutes, and the sound really opens up in front of your... ears
biggrin.gif
  Based on the changes I heard right out of the box and 15min later, they definitely need a serious burn in, but I already hear a potential.  Soundstage opened up, very wide.  Upper mids/treble clarify and details are starting to shine.  And the bass... well, get ready for a serious mid-bass slam.  Don't want to jump into any final conclusion because sound is still changing, so I don't know if mid-bass will settle in, but it definitely has a healthy punch, yet still well controlled and without spilling or muddying lower mids.

The packaging is first class, these guys really paid close attention to details.  And as you can see from Penon product page: http://penonaudio.com/TFZ-SERIES-1 as well as manufacturer page: http://www.tfzither.com/about.html you get a ton of design options to choose from.  Impressive for $39.

Will definitely have a full review when I get around to it!

Looking forward to more impressions Alex :) Sounds like a great iem for the price. Also wanted to say that the LPG looks sexy af in that red case. Dignis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back