Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #27,031 of 35,472
  You realize that these takstars are open design? The 668B are also open. The only closed design headphones you listed were the edifiers. Just saying, because you said you wanted closed headphones :)

Apparently they are quite closed half-closed (lol) headphones, so I thought why not? They were cheap as well, on Taobao.

May 7, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #27,032 of 35,472
  Apparently they are quite closed half-closed (lol) headphones, so I thought why not? They were cheap as well, on Taobao.

Half-closed headphones are closer sounding to open headphones than fully closed ones. You most certainly won't get the full isolation like in the closed ones. 

The 668B's I have are supposedly half-closed too, but they feel like normal open headphones to me.

May 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #27,033 of 35,472
  Half-closed headphones are closer sounding to open headphones than fully closed ones. You most certainly won't get the full isolation like in the closed ones. 

The 668B's I have are supposedly half-closed too, but they feel like normal open headphones to me.

A'ight! Isolation isn't a big deal, but I was used to it. There only was a handful of models I found that had full isolation. Everything's a matter of being used of, I'll just get used to the new design I guess. Thanks for the info!

May 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #27,034 of 35,472
I've been going through some of my sadly neglected items tonight (original VE Monk, Tenmak Piano, VJJB K4) and have been listening to the same piece over and over again. It's amazing how changing iem can affect the same song. If you've got nothing better to do right now, pull out some of your favorites and have a go at this:

(Edit: posted wrong link, the first had a break in the audio.)

May 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #27,035 of 35,472
Not a gamer so I'd never heard the Skyrim music.  Very very nice.  Used the YouTube search plug in in foobar2000 to play it through my Schiit/Senn setup.  Thank you :)

Moved to the full soundtrack which I'm playing now.  https://youtu.be/QTZiyF_Bki0

May 7, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #27,036 of 35,472
  Not a gamer so I'd never heard the Skyrim music.  Very very nice.  Used the YouTube search plug in in foobar2000 to play it through my Schiit/Senn setup.  Thank you :)

Moved to the full soundtrack which I'm playing now.

Really glad you liked it Bob. Jeremy Soule has done some amazing stuff. Impatiently waiting to test it on my 808s which should be here on Monday. 
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #27,038 of 35,472
I received the Easy M2 today. My impression ootb is that the sound is quite smooth with the silver nozzles and stock tips, although the bass is a little too much.
Too bad I don't have the yellow core tips that you guys mention. I do tips roll but the stock tips give the best sound atm.
The black filter however gives not enough bass for my taste.
I didn't try the Sendiy yet but the Easy M2 is quite ok for its price.

May 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #27,039 of 35,472
@crabdog - Thanks for that wonderful audio link (Myself, not a big gamer and have never heard this track before). Being a sucker for OSTs with big orchestral setups, this was mesmerizing, enchanting and simply brilliant.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

(p.s. I have used JVC Riptidz HA-FX8 with large JVC stock tips (but not spiral dot) for listening the above track. Riptidz, IMHO, a very under-rated gem of a beater phones at dirt cheap price of US$ 4, I got these for. To my ears, these IEMs provide great clarity, imaging, instrument separation among the el-cheapo IEMs that I own)

May 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #27,040 of 35,472
@crabdog
 - Thanks for that wonderful audio link (Myself, not a big gamer and have never heard this track before). Being a sucker for OSTs with big orchestral setups, this was mesmerizing, enchanting and simply brilliant.
Cheers!:beerchug:

(p.s. I have used JVC Riptidz HA-FX8 with large JVC stock tips but not spiral dot for listening the above track. Riptidz, IMHO, a very under-rated gem of a beater phones at dirt cheap price of US$ 4, I got these for). To my ears, these IEMs provide great clarity, imaging, instrument separation among the el-cheapo IEMs that I own)

$4!I wonder if my local retailer has those. I've been looking at some jvc recently but don't recall the model numbers.

May 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #27,042 of 35,472

Incredible! No idea how you found those, i tried for so long!
I hope they live up to the hype I built up. I really do think they're the best IEM tips I ever used.

FWIW i always use Small size silicon or foam and these work perfect for me.

I just took some keywords out of the posted link. 
tongue.gif

Glad you mentioned them in one of your earlier posts. I got a pair with my Tingo FL600 and never bothered. Tried them out few days ago and I absolutely love these tips now!

May 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #27,043 of 35,472
  So, has anyone got any experience with another model in the same price range?
Or should I get the Superluxes?

Quote:
  So, update. What are the best under $40 over-ear closed headphones from Taobao?
Thank you.

Quote:
  I got a pair of Takstar HI2050's. I hope I didn't mess up. Thank you everyone!

The Takstar HI2050 are semi-open with an average soundstage and are a good pair for the price, but their are better options in that price range. I've listened and owned many Takstar and Superlux headphones, but the one that caught mostly my attention were the ISK HP-2011 (closed) headphones for its incredible transparency, soundstage and extended range from end to end and some of the greatest monitoring experiences I've listened to for such a low price. .....Take a look below at tmall (part of taobao) and aliexpress.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.6.Wb4fDa&id=43473855555&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&abbucket=6&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

http://www.aliexpress.com/af/isk-hp%25252d2011.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=n&isViewCP=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160507090110&SearchText=isk+hp-2011

Hope this helps! 
wink.gif

If you want to see some of my comparisons and reviews on Takstar and ISK?.....check out this post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread/4035#post_12436316

I received the Easy M2 today. My impression ootb is that the sound is quite smooth with the silver nozzles and stock tips, although the bass is a little too much.
Too bad I don't have the yellow core tips that you guys mention. I do tips roll but the stock tips give the best sound atm.
The black filter however gives not enough bass for my taste.
I didn't try the Sendiy yet but the Easy M2 is quite ok for its price.

I'll have a Chinese friend call the Sendiy Audio company this week to see if they can post their Sendiy M2 on Aliexpress. .....Wish me luck!!!
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #27,044 of 35,472
  Quote:
Quote:

The Takstar HI2050 are semi-open with an average soundstage and are a good pair for the price, but their are better options in that price range. I've listened and owned many Takstar and Superlux headphones, but the one that caught mostly my attention were the ISK HP-2011 (closed) headphones for its incredible transparency, soundstage and extended range from end to end and some of the greatest monitoring experiences I've listened to for such a low price. .....Take a look below at tmall (part of taobao) and aliexpress.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.6.Wb4fDa&id=43473855555&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&abbucket=6&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

http://www.aliexpress.com/af/isk-hp%25252d2011.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=n&isViewCP=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160507090110&SearchText=isk+hp-2011

Hope this helps! 
wink.gif

If you want to see some of my comparisons and reviews on Takstar and ISK?.....check out this post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread/4035#post_12436316

I'll have a Chinese friend call the Sendiy Audio company this week to see if they can post their Sendiy M2 on Aliexpress. .....Wish me luck!!!
biggrin.gif

I have a bad experience of the isk jacks, they tend to break and kill a channel when broken. I'll probably choose that one next time in that case. Thank you for the information!

Good luck by the way!
QQ is very good for contacting companies like this by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back