Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #17,911 of 35,472
Sounds like you found a good one with those Zircons Twin! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #17,913 of 35,472
beerchug.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
Scrambler a lot like them, some think they are too mid-Bass heavy. I've recently found out I'm treble sensitive, so these darker sig. phones are right up my alley.

HOWEVER, the Phone I am most impressed with, Accuracy and Performance-wise (and a little more pricey), are by far the Bette 10mm Hybrids. Absolutely stunning although a little brighter than I prefer.

THESE ONES:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I can't absolutely say the ones on Amazon are the same. They have writing on the back where these don't. Check out the Sellers name. These are the REAL Bettes.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #17,914 of 35,472
beerchug.gif

Yeah, I thanked him a page or two back.  I tried to listen to my Titans yesterday.  After about 15 minutes, I had to take them out and put the Zircons back in.  The treble was just a bit too much.

On a separate note, I don't know if its just me or brain burn or tips or what but I'm not noticing as much mid-bass on these as when I first got them.  I don't listen to straight classical.  About the closest thing I have is a rock orchestral album from a group called Visage. Listening to it now with the Zircons and it sounds great.  Really great instrument separation.  Vocals are clear and not too recessed behind everything else.  Bass is strong but not overpowering.  

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #17,915 of 35,472

smily_headphones1.gif
Scrambler a lot like them, some think they are too mid-Bass heavy. I've recently found out I'm treble sensitive, so these darker sig. phones are right up my alley.

HOWEVER, the Phone I am most impressed with, Accuracy and Performance-wise (and a little more pricey), are by far the Bette 10mm Hybrids. Absolutely stunning although a little brighter than I prefer.

THESE ONES:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I can't absolutely say the ones on Amazon are the same. They have writing on the back where these don't.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Isn't it nice when you find something that matches your preferred signature? I've grown to really appreciate bright, detailed earphones. I can thank the Titans for that. The FXH30 are tops though. Every time I listen to them I come away all smiles. They are just ridiculously good. 

I've been wanting to try a hybrid. Those Bettes look like they would be a good place to start. I've already spent a stupid amount of cash this year on earphones, but 2016 is a new year 
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #17,916 of 35,472

Yeah, I thanked him a page or two back.  I tried to listen to my Titans yesterday.  After about 15 minutes, I had to take them out and put the Zircons back in.  The treble was just a bit too much.

On a separate note, I don't know if its just me or brain burn or tips or what but I'm not noticing as much mid-bass on these as when I first got them.  I don't listen to straight classical.  About the closest thing I have is a rock orchestral album from a group called Visage. Listening to it now with the Zircons and it sounds great.  Really great instrument separation.  Vocals are clear and not too recessed behind everything else.  Bass is strong but not overpowering.  

Yeah. What impressed me most is its soundstage and 3D presentation. None nudgeted earphones can compete with it. Though havn't reached IE80's, it's much better than IE80 concerning value!!!

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #17,917 of 35,472
  Yeah. What impressed me most is its soundstage and 3D presentation. None nudgeted earphones can compete with it. Though havn't reached IE80's, it's much better than IE80 concerning value!!!

Actually I think its design is borrowed from IE800. Comparing to IE80, IE80 has larger soundstage and better 3D presentation. IE80's bass are more aggressive and make it sound more vigorous, more energetic, more provocative, and make people more excited.

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #17,918 of 35,472

Anyway, these Senfers (I really can't call them k3003s -- or can I?!) have supplanted both my Sennheiser cx985 and Yamaha eph-100 when it comes to simple in-ear dynamics.

Do you mean that your **** DIY K3003 is the dynamic-only version? I believe the more expensive model is supposed to be a 3-way hybrid design (dual balanced armatures + dynamic driver).

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #17,919 of 35,472

Isn't it nice when you find something that matches your preferred signature? I've grown to really appreciate bright, detailed earphones. I can thank the Titans for that. The FXH30 are tops though. Every time I listen to them I come away all smiles. They are just ridiculously good. 

I've been wanting to try a hybrid. Those Bettes look like they would be a good place to start. I've already spent a stupid amount of cash this year on earphones, but 2016 is a new year 
wink.gif

cool.gif
B9, It's why I'm specifically directing you towards these Bettes. They lean towards that brighter signature. These things are Audiophile Grade TOTL Earphones at an Insanely Low price. I really don't have anything much Better in my arsenal. They are at LEAST equals of Trinity Deltas (Darker) and Dunu DN2000's ( Brighter going from memory, I no longer own the 2000's). I am surprised as Dookie over these. jekostas said his 8MM were some of the best he had heard in this Thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/30420#post_11911036

He Wasn't lying if the 8mm's are even close to the 10mm's.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #17,920 of 35,472
:cool: B9, It's why I'm specifically directing you towards these Bettes. They lean towards that brighter signature. These things are Audiophile Grade TOTL Earphones at an Insanely Low price. I really don't have anything much Better in my arsenal. They are at LEAST equals of Trinity Deltas and Dunu DN2000's (going from memory, I no longer own the 2000's). I am surprised as Dookie over these. jekostas said his 8MM were the best he had heard in this Thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/30420#post_11911036

He Wasn't lying if they are even close to the 10mm's.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Thanks for pointing them out then :) On that note, stay far away from the JVC FRD80. They offer up some intense treble....holy hernia (I originally typed jeebus, but auto correct changed it to hernia....too funny). Hopefully they calm down a bit after some play time. Atm I can really only use them at very low volumes. Extremely fatiguing vs. the FXH30 which are good regardless of volume level.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #17,921 of 35,472

Do you mean that your **** DIY K3003 is the dynamic-only version? I believe the more expensive model is supposed to be a 3-way hybrid design (dual balanced armatures + dynamic driver).

Good question.

He needs to elaborate......Are they the hybrid version of **** K3003, or are they the SP K5 version from ****? SP K5 has the same housing, but only carries dynamic speakers in them.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #17,922 of 35,472

wink.gif

Smiles?
wink.gif
 Wait until u hear ur $60 LTD's (burn-in is a must even if u dont bliv in it) 
wink.gif
 I'm sure its gonna draw a JOKER on ur face 
wink.gif
  Man oh man, i just cant stop raving about them..
smily_headphones1.gif
 And to think i just paid $54 for these.. Its like the LTD's make me FEEEEL the music which my all other IEM's fail to do. Also, i suggest u stay with the stock tips. Widebore tips dint really work well for me.

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #17,924 of 35,472
Smiles? :wink:  Wait until u hear ur $60 LTD's (burn-in is a must even if u dont bliv in it) :wink:  I'm sure its gonna draw a JOKER on ur face :wink:   Man oh man, i just cant stop raving about them..:)  And to think i just paid $54 for these.. Its like the LTD's make me FEEEEL the music which my all other IEM's fail to do. Also, i suggest u stay with the stock tips. Widebore tips dint really work well for me.

The LTD will need to be really good to beat the FXH30. They are far and away the best iem I've heard to date. Titans dont hold a candle to them now that they have a bunch of hours on 'em. I would be shocked if the LTDs were significantly better (and I hope they are :D).

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #17,925 of 35,472
The LTD will need to be really good to beat the FXH30. They are far and away the best iem I've heard to date. Titans dont hold a candle to them now that they have a bunch of hours on 'em. I would be shocked if the LTDs were significantly better (and I hope they are
biggrin.gif
).

I think you will definitely like them (everyone will).. 
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back