Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #17,461 of 35,472
  What about these...http://www.amazon.com/EKOSTORE-Premium-Noise-isolating-Headphones-Balanced/dp/B00VZUQM06/ref=pd_sim_sbs_107_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HQ5P8SX82NBTVGWS9RN

Another one that at least looks cool! Might be another Zircons perhaps
tongue.gif

I did a full review of them here:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/ivery-cannon-iv-8/reviews/13789

While I am not one to start a hype train, I thought they were very good for less than $20.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #17,462 of 35,472
I have read last pages and bought Rock Zircon. Will wait now. I will be surprised if it has better soundstage than my not very comfortable ATH-IM70 for 95$ that have narrow sound.

Are you getting a good seal with the IM70? I had to sell them because of fit issues, but the one time I managed to get a good seal they had good instrument separation and decent sound stage.

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #17,463 of 35,472
Doing more comparisons between my KC06As and Rock Zircons.  Ostrys are brighter and have more of an up front sound.  Zircons are smoother in the mid range and treble and have more mid-bass which gives them a warmer sound signature.  I think the Ostrys are more detailed, but not by a huge margin.  I can where I could enjoy both of these.  The inline mic in the Zircons is a plus.

Sorry TWIN, I'm not a big believer in burn in so I don't think the Zircons will change over time.  I paid over $60 for the Ostrys so it speaks well for the Zircons that they compare favorably to higher priced IEMs.

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #17,464 of 35,472
How is the isolation on these Zircons? :)

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #17,465 of 35,472
  How is the isolation on these Zircons? :)

I would rate it as just average for an IEM.  Better than my Titan 1s and KC06As for sure.

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #17,466 of 35,472
  Hehe. I'll buy one and try. I cannot believe its soundstage is bigger than IE8/80 for such a budgeted one. I havn't found an IEM has a soundstage bigger than IE80, even IE800 is the same or just a little bit bigger.

cool.gif
Well Yangian, you are in for a treat then. I owned the Senn IE8's (The IE80s Daddy), He is right. the Zircons have a bigger soundstage. These things are impossibly good for a CHEAP IEM.

I need to get them in white as well.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #17,467 of 35,472
  For all this talk of Zircons and Bettes, you guys need to spend that little bit extra and try the JVC FXH30. They mean business. As per usual I always carry 2-4 pairs of earphones with me at any time, however since the FXH30 entered my possession I keep coming back to them. Nothing else is getting any ear time. Such quality, much product!

cool.gif
Scrambler I'm betting the Zircons will at least match those JVCs you got growin' out of your ears.
biggrin.gif

Get U a pair before this manufacturer realizes what they have got.

Plus they are the coolest looking earphone I own, not to mention the Build Quality is GREAT.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #17,468 of 35,472

I can't believe the price!

Just jumped on 2 more Zircon's yesterday......another one for back-up in black, and another in white for my wife.

How's the soundstage when compared to the Zircon's? Would you say on par? Or is Zircon's soundstage still bigger?

cool.gif
Truthfully I think the Zircon is bigger, which I don't fully understand how a SINGLE Dynamic Driver can be larger than a Hybrid with a LARGER Dynamic Driver AND a Balanced armature. This Zircon is something Freaky.

In a good Way. Like when my wife gets freaky.
very_evil_smiley.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #17,469 of 35,472
:cool: Scrambler I'm betting the Zircons will at least match those JVCs you got growin' out of your ears. :D

Get U a pair before this manufacturer realizes what they have got.

Plus they are the coolest looking earphone I own, not to mention the Build Quality is GREAT.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

I would love to see them try. I brought the ED10, Titan 1, FR202, and FXH30 with me today to have a variety of signatures available. My ears pine for the 30s whenever I toss in anything else. Can't see them being overshadowed anytime soon and certainly not by a hyper-budget iem.

I'm also not a fan of mid-bassy iems, and from the descriptions posted they don't sound like they would be my cup of tea.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #17,470 of 35,472

Recieved these today. They were advertised as Feel audio but the brand name is ****. (F05 something that was written on em. probably the model no)

8MM+9MM dual drivers

OOTB impressions, (im not so good in describing sound so pls bear with me.)

Treble: Rolled off early and smooth. No sign of siblance (ther's some thing slightly off about it buy hope they change after burn in).

Mids: are about the same as treble. May be slightly pushed back but hey sound good to me.

Lows: Really.. i mean really Low.. Boosted but they dont bleed much into the mids. Definitely the star of the show here. I cud call them mini Sub-woofers for your ears. :D

Soundstage: HUGE.. may be something what you call: 'out of the head experience' . I find the sound stage bigger than my tenore's.
 listening to 'How Long - Lionel ritchie' right now and it sounds really wide. the strings sound out of the head..

Details:  Not a detail monster, but they should suffice a casual listener.

They seem V-shaped and fun sounding.
Ill revert with more impressions after burn-in.

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #17,472 of 35,472
I would love to see them try. I brought the ED10, Titan 1, FR202, and FXH30 with me today to have a variety of signatures available. My ears pine for the 30s whenever I toss in anything else. Can't see them being overshadowed anytime soon and certainly not by a hyper-budget iem.

I'm also not a fan of mid-bassy iems, and from the descriptions posted they don't sound like they would be my cup of tea.

When is your JVC tee shirt scheduled to arrive?

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #17,475 of 35,472

Recieved these today. They were advertised as Feel audio but the brand name is ****. (F05 something that was written on em. probably the model no)

8MM+9MM dual drivers

OOTB impressions, (im not so good in describing sound so pls bear with me.)

Treble: Rolled off early and smooth. No sign of siblance (ther's some thing slightly off about it buy hope they change after burn in).

Mids: are about the same as treble. May be slightly pushed back but hey sound good to me.

Lows: Really.. i mean really Low.. Boosted but they dont bleed much into the mids. Definitely the star of the show here. I cud call them mini Sub-woofers for your ears. :D

Soundstage: HUGE.. may be something what you call: 'out of the head experience' . I find the sound stage bigger than my tenore's.
 listening to 'How Long - Lionel ritchie' right now and it sounds really wide. the strings sound out of the head..

Details:  Not a detail monster, but they should suffice a casual listener.

They seem V-shaped and fun sounding.
Ill revert with more impressions after burn-in.

I also got these the other day (together with the IE800 wannabe) but just put them away after being more impressed with the Yinjw's. Then the Duke arrived and everything else was forgotten :wink:

I need to bring them out again and give them a new chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back