Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #17,431 of 35,472
Just received these in the morning.
Yes,,you guessed it right,,,just as their low quality packaging, their sound is also suitable for a earphone worth $2-3. But the sad story is I paid $11 for these crap.
When you are going through a bad phase everything goes
frown.gif
bad. Otherwise I would have purchased Zicrons (which I introduced on this forum)

Thanx aaDee. A few of Us have picked up the zircons, we are still in the impressions stage but they are FANTASTIC OTB!!!  I am thinking they may get their own thread as soon as enough of us have them. If possible.... GET THEM.

Plus, they look cool as hell. That's why I bought them. Who knew they would sound better than their looks/ build?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #17,432 of 35,472

It's been a while, but according to memory IE8/80 does present a nice soundstage, but the Zircon's sounds bigger better because of the texture and details it presents. The depth and width of bass on the Zircon's are hugh. They also provide ample volume. It's up to you whether to use with an amp or not.  

Hehe. I'll buy one and try. I cannot believe its soundstage is bigger than IE8/80 for such a budgeted one. I havn't found an IEM has a soundstage bigger than IE80, even IE800 is the same or just a little bit bigger.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #17,433 of 35,472

I bought these as well.  Agree with your comments regarding soundstage.  Really impressive in all dimensions.  OOTB I heard some bleed from bass into mids, but that cleared up after 20 hours of burn-in.  These are very clear.  Good highs, but not fatiguing.  Mid-range seems ever so slightly recessed, but this may be due to the amazing bass.  I find that in recordings that emphasize bass (e.g., Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine or U2), the bass that these things kick out is very clear, but very prominent.  In other recordings that are more balanced, bass is present, but mids are equally present.  I have a bunch of KZ's, some Vsonics, Brainwavzs, and other brands.  Right now, I'll take these over any of them.  These have the best soundstage of any iem's I own.  I don't have the HAVI, so take my comment for what it's worth, but these sound pretty darn good IMHO. 

En.. Maybe my pair is not a perfect one. I don't feel the soundstage is that big. It has a decent soundstage, but not that large. Otherwise, it's amazing at this price.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #17,434 of 35,472
  Thanx aaDee. A few of Us have picked up the zircons, we are still in the impressions stage but they are FANTASTIC OTB!!!  I am thinking they may get their own thread as soon as enough of us have them. If possible.... GET THEM.

Plus, they look cool as hell. That's why I bought them. Who knew they would sound better than their looks/ build?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I've been swapping back and fourth between the Zircons and the Titans over the past hour.  Listening to Pink Floyd using Spotify extreme quality over my Galaxy S4 using USB DAC.  Zircons definitely have more bass.  I really like the bass on them though.  Good impact and doesn't infringe on the mids.  I'm thinking they lose a little detail compared to the Titans because of this.  Still, they are very good for details though.  Definitely a very engaging and fun sound.  Another observation is they seem very smooth (i.e. warmer) compared to the Titans.  I think you mentioned this before relating to the treble.  I noticed this yesterday when I compared them to my KC06As.  The KC06As seemed somewhat harsh after listening to the Zircons.

I'm just going to say it.  These things are AMAZING for $13 (or $19 off Amazon).  I've tried various tips including the large Auvios.  The Auvios are just to small for my ear canals and thus were not a good fit.  JVC spiral dots and MH1C tips work best for me.  I think the spiral dots tighten up the bass slightly (could just be my imagination).  Now to see how they hold up over time.  The look and feel like they have good build quality so this shouldn't be an issue.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #17,435 of 35,472
I've been swapping back and fourth between the Zircons and the Titans over the past hour.  Listening to Pink Floyd using Spotify extreme quality over my Galaxy S4 using USB DAC.  Zircons definitely have more bass.  I really like the bass on them though.  Good impact and doesn't infringe on the mids.  I'm thinking they lose a little detail compared to the Titans because of this.  Still, they are very good for details though.  Definitely a very engaging and fun sound.  Another observation is they seem very smooth (i.e. warmer) compared to the Titans.  I think you mentioned this before relating to the treble.  I noticed this yesterday when I compared them to my KC06As.  The KC06As seemed somewhat harsh after listening to the Zircons.

I'm just going to say it.  These things are AMAZING for $13 (or $19 off Amazon).  I've tried various tips including the large Auvios.  The Auvios are just to small for my ear canals and thus were not a good fit.  JVC spiral dots and MH1C tips work best for me.  I think the spiral dots tighten up the bass slightly (could just be my imagination).  Now to see how they hold up over time.  The look and feel like they have good build quality so this shouldn't be an issue.

May I know where did you get the Zircon? Thanks.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #17,436 of 35,472
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #17,437 of 35,472

I bought these as well.  Agree with your comments regarding soundstage.  Really impressive in all dimensions.  OOTB I heard some bleed from bass into mids, but that cleared up after 20 hours of burn-in.  These are very clear.  Good highs, but not fatiguing.  Mid-range seems ever so slightly recessed, but this may be due to the amazing bass.  I find that in recordings that emphasize bass (e.g., Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine or U2), the bass that these things kick out is very clear, but very prominent.  In other recordings that are more balanced, bass is present, but mids are equally present.  I have a bunch of KZ's, some Vsonics, Brainwavzs, and other brands.  Right now, I'll take these over any of them.  These have the best soundstage of any iem's I own.  I don't have the HAVI, so take my comment for what it's worth, but these sound pretty darn good IMHO. 

Unless the Yinjw new version is different than the one I originally purchased a long time ago, the mids are definitely recessed with an emphasis on midbass. I'd say they are worth the $20, but the newest KZ easily keep up with it.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #17,438 of 35,472
Got my order of KZ ATE today and have been listening to them for a few hours. Using comply t400 tips I feel they have a very fun and nice sound signature. I think I have to pull out my pair of Vsonic VSD3 to compare but I think they are fairly close. I paid the immense amount of $7 (had coupon) for these KZ and I think that was an incredible deal for the these babies.

They really shine when listening to acoustic music like Beck - Already dead and Rogue Valley - The wolves and the Ravens. Found myself smiling silly quite a few times actually. Value is 10/10 hands down.:)

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #17,439 of 35,472
With ATE, wide bore silicone tips are recommended instead any foams, try it
wink.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #17,440 of 35,472
With ATE, wide bore silicone tips are recommended instead any foams, try it :wink:

Yeah I read that but my ears are stupid and I just can't get good isolation with anything but foams. :xf_eek:

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #17,441 of 35,472
  Unless the Yinjw new version is different than the one I originally purchased a long time ago, the mids are definitely recessed with an emphasis on midbass. I'd say they are worth the $20, but the newest KZ easily keep up with it.

When did you buy it? No, it definitely not emphasizes the midbass now. I bought on June. Bass is great but not bleed the middle. It's far better than Ed9 or ATE that I have. Just as Camikeva said, it's over most popular budgeted brands.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #17,442 of 35,472

cool.gif
slowpickr, Put a source on them and let them burn for Oh......say at least 50 Hours, then come back and Listen.

You will see things more clearly. Er..... Hear things more clearly.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #17,443 of 35,472
What about these...http://www.amazon.com/EKOSTORE-Premium-Noise-isolating-Headphones-Balanced/dp/B00VZUQM06/ref=pd_sim_sbs_107_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HQ5P8SX82NBTVGWS9RN

Another one that at least looks cool! Might be another Zircons perhaps
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #17,444 of 35,472
  What about these...http://www.amazon.com/EKOSTORE-Premium-Noise-isolating-Headphones-Balanced/dp/B00VZUQM06/ref=pd_sim_sbs_107_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HQ5P8SX82NBTVGWS9RN

Another one that at least looks cool! Might be another Zircons perhaps
tongue.gif

Someone else mentioned these earlier.  I believe they are labeled Ivery Cannons sometimes.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #17,445 of 35,472
cool.gif
Although a tad more spendy they have come down in price. YOU should be jumping on these. They are seriously good. Think a Tad brighter Trinity Delta or Dunu DN2000.

http://www.amazon.com/Bette-Dual-Driver-Headphones-Earphones-Black/dp/B010FJ0Y4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440717831&sr=8-1&keywords=Bette+Hybrid

They are seriously good. I spent 8 Hours with them last night @ 100 Hours of burn in time. Extremely Detailed, Tight natural Bass. I was worried they were a Tad on the Brighter side for my tastes but a pair of Comply 500's tamed the EQ.

Don't worry, they exhibit ZERO signs of Siblance. I threw a Recording at them that almost exhibits ssssssss in the actual recording and it didn't make it come out. (SOAK doing Zeppelin's Immigrant Song)

Simply superb for the money. I can't wait until they are fully Burnt in.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back