Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #14,326 of 35,472
@1clearhead, thanks, I knew I was looking for the Holy Serpent phones when somebody posted about the new NVX models for sale...http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_91610_NVX-IE3RC-Sunset-Orange.html

Looks like NVX uses Holy Serpent stuff(V7 and V9) for these models.

Of course now it is cheaper to get the originals. Later on the NVX will be cheap and quicker to get.

That NVX chose them may well be another positive sign of how good the V9 are. They have chosen quality stuff like the Vsonic GR06 previously.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #14,327 of 35,472

Yeah, just teasing you. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time now converting to Canadian and going "man this sucks!". At least it curbs some of the spontaneous purchases. Maybe the douza's will go back down to 8800 yen....

Glad you got your tenso approval :)

The price seems to be only advantage to using tenso. Without warranty, I am a little hesitant to buy from amazon japan. AFAIK this won't be an issue for all iems like the ATH CKR models (except the LTD) should be supported by warranty as long as those models are sold here. eBay seems to be a better option but like 50 bucks more LOL. First world problems sigh. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #14,328 of 35,472
  *FTFY.

Also, here we go again! 
biggrin.gif

OK, can you elaborate on what do you mean by ".....here we go again!"?

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #14,330 of 35,472
  Holy serpent actually is good. They have the same performance as Somic/Moxpad IEMs, aka great for the price, but not mindblowing.

Thanks for the heads-up.
normal_smile .gif

I'll be receiving mines this week and will let you know how they fair against my X3's. If they actually fair better, than they will be my "work and travel IEM's."

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #14,333 of 35,472
After 25+ hours burn in impressions. Bass is tighter with better beats, attacks, punches, still reach very deep, very nice extension and or decay which give the fx750 a good sense of being realistical or natural timbres....and not only drums are natrual and realistical, but cymbals, brass, wind instruments, and very smooth as in the continous flows of each well seperated and detailed instruments. The sound is very soul full, very soothing, once you find the best fit for your ears it is just good.

JvC FX wood series is Probably king of single dynamic driver out there on the market at the moment

I dont know if it gonna change more, but i will report back after 50 hours

Disclaimer: i have been enjoying music, chasing it for many years, and only own a limited amount of different loud speakers, headphones, in ears. Please take my impressions with considerations, as what i feel, and my taste may be much different from your. I will be very happy if you find yourself with the same impressions, if not please disregard it. Thanks

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #14,334 of 35,472
  Penon Audio recently added to their online store the Donscorpio sMushroom HD. They're also available from DX.com for $25, less than half of what Penon is asking. Has anyone tried them? I ordered a pair last night.

Btw, forgot to ask, did you order sMushroom from DX or Penon?  The one listed on Penon is HD version with BT4.1 and aptX codec support.  The version on DX is just a regular BT4.0 without aptX and even different in-line remote.  There will be a big difference in sound quality.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #14,335 of 35,472
After 25+ hours burn in impressions. Bass is tighter with better beats, attacks, punches, still reach very deep, very nice extension and or decay which give the fx750 a good sense of being realistical or natural timbres....and not only drums are natrual and realistical, but cymbals, brass, wind instruments, and very smooth as in the continous flows of each well seperated and detailed instruments. The sound is very soul full, very soothing, once you find the best fit for your ears it is just good.

JvC FX wood series is Probably king of single dynamic driver out there on the market at the moment

I dont know if it gonna change more, but i will report back after 50 hours

Disclaimer: i have been enjoying music, chasing it for many years, and only own a limited amount of different loud speakers, headphones, in ears. Please take my impressions with considerations, as what i feel, and my taste may be much different from your. I will be very happy if you find yourself with the same impressions, if not please disregard it. Thanks

How is this compared to Sounsoul S-018 which i believe is one of your fav ...btw what is your source dap ....synergy is a big thing for me ....comparison please ..thanks

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #14,337 of 35,472
Any new impressions with the Moxpad X6, Somic MH415 and Holy Serpent V9?
Also I just read an awful review of the praised Meelectronics M6 on trustedreviews, now I'm damn confused.
I'm loving the 2nd generation Meelectronics M6P with the inline mic but still not sure about the SQ :confused:

The m6 are great for around $15, especially with the right tips. Nice punchy bass too.

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #14,338 of 35,472
Anyone who has an idea whether the Meelec M6P2 uses the same drivers as the M6? They say on the description it's the 2nd generation. IMO it looks like just an upgraded cable with in line mic and some colors / packaging changes. Can anyone approve how's the sound? And again, M6 vs X6 (Moxpad), what would you get as your daily driver / workout set? As said previously, I'm looking for the more detailed sound signature with wider sound stage. BTW, how's the AuGlamour AG-R1? They're also on the ~$20 budget now with upgraded cable on penonaudio.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Edit: The Meelec M6 PRO looks DELICIOUS! Any one had the chance to listen to them??

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #14,339 of 35,472

Btw, forgot to ask, did you order sMushroom from DX or Penon?  The one listed on Penon is HD version with BT4.1 and aptX codec support.  The version on DX is just a regular BT4.0 without aptX and even different in-line remote.  There will be a big difference in sound quality.

That's assuming that the other components are good enough for us to tell the difference.

Anyway, both Penon and DX label the product with "HD". You're right about the Bluetooth version though, in terms of what's being advertised. 

I'm hoping that they're better than the QCY QY7, which were a big disappointment.

If they're better sounding than the Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 (the set I had had terrible driver flex on one side), I'd be very happy.

Feb 2, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #14,340 of 35,472
How is this compared to Sounsoul S-018 which i believe is one of your fav ...btw what is your source dap ....synergy is a big thing for me ....comparison please ..thanks

I use Xperia Z3 and ripped bluray tracks 16/48 or cd ripped 16/44.1. I listen to a varieties from pop, trance, mix, dance, midi, softrock. Please, dont judge the Z3 so quickly, or saying ....oh man, using a cheap smartphone ? You just gotta hear it to believe it. Why ? The exact bluray tracks i enjoy on my home stereo are the tracks playing on my Z3...the first smartphone for me to be both a phone/portable player. Lets get back on topic...

Both are just good and different, and do deserve the places in my bag wherever i go for. But to have the S-018 holding it ground here....i dont want to believe it

-Fx750 is warmer with more addictive bass, natural timbres, more capabilities....s-018 is with more energy, vocal, and less bass

-Fx750 is a capable gentle man ..... S-018 is an energetic teen.

I cant compare them both in details....

If i was to be forced to pick either one, it would be absolutely FX750. Because the cold fact of the natural and more realistical music while staying very smooth and soothing, and this will be the exact reason why i will always prefer having fx750 in my ears primarily.

Disclaimer: i am not hyping anything here, all are just my own observations, taste. Hope i helped ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back