Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #11,761 of 35,472
Btw the Samsung Galaxy S4 IEM's (EO-HS3303 ) I got for like 6€ are surprisingly good sounding. Definitely recommended! I saw someone recommending them on the Pistons thread and bought them just for fun.

They sound like phones for 20-35€, still below my Tenore, but ahead of the Pistons imo. Slight bass bloat (less than the DGS), but mids and highs are well presented. 
Overall sound is tending to the warmer side. Soundstage is really acceptable too.

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #11,763 of 35,472
For those talking about non-sense materials, they are all gimmicks. it doesn't really matter in the end.

Titanium refers to the membrane coating, usually to provide mechanical resistance, Sony uses aluminum in comparison for their hi-end models.
Neodymium as many already know are the magnets and their properties depends or their grade. Almost all dynamic drivers uses nowadays neodymium but no manufacturer disclose the grade of the magnets. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #11,764 of 35,472
  For those talking about non-sense materials, they are all gimmicks. it doesn't really matter in the end.

Titanium refers to the membrane coating, usually to provide mechanical resistance, Sony uses aluminum in comparison for their hi-tier models.
Neodymium as many already know are the magnets and their properties depends or their grade. Almost all dynamic drivers uses nowadays neodymium but no manufacturer disclose the grade of the magnets. 

Yep, not to mention all that and no one actually breaks it open and test if it's indeed everything claimed to be. I recall there were incidents where companies claim full beryllium diaphragm speakers but turns out it's just a copper alloy with about 3% beryllium or less IIRC. So yeah if you buy things like 5N or 6N OFC, OCC, neodymium, titanium, biopol etc. you more or less take their word for it. I recall seeing someone sell "Carbon fiber" car parts that are just fiberglass made to look and feel like carbon fiber. 
rolleyes.gif

I could care less what they're made out of as long as it sounds good and lasts long.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #11,765 of 35,472
Btw the Samsung Galaxy S4 IEM's (EO-HS3303 ) I got for like 6€ are surprisingly good sounding. Definitely recommended! I saw someone recommending them on the Pistons thread and bought them just for fun.

They sound like phones for 20-35€, still below my Tenore, but ahead of the Pistons imo. Slight bass bloat (less than the DGS), but mids and highs are well presented. 
Overall sound is tending to the warmer side. Soundstage is really acceptable too.

If I remember correctly, the HS-3303 is dual dynamic and sounds pretty decent. Anyone can confirm if these are dual dynamic.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #11,766 of 35,472
Everyone has their love child IEMs, and they are all different per person. Mine are the Havi, XE800, EDSE, and Dulcimer (EDM only).

No one is wrong. In fact, none of us would have ANY of these without everyone's continued contributions. That is what I'm most happy about.

Think back to your collections over a year ago and compare to what they are now. Pretty sweet gains since then right? It's only going to get better.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #11,768 of 35,472
I wouldn't go with the symphonized NRG. It's not a titanium micro driver. It's a standard neodymium. I doubt the tuning will be as good as the S-018, though who knows? I wouldn't pull the trigger.
+100

Im so glad you finally came around on the kzedse. That's one of my favorite iem of 2014,and the best deal by far. Best bang for your buck iem I've ever seen and heard.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #11,772 of 35,472
  Personally, my number one hybrids are still the dgs100's. I can't wait until Sidy releases the dgs200's, I'll be definitely comparing them to my number one dynamics, the SA608's.

If you get a chance try to listen to A83 :wink:  That blue+red pair with its analytical dual BA sound and supporting dynamic driver bass puts every other 3-way hybrid to shame, including other dual BA IEMs like Doppios and IM02.  Still burning them in, but I really like what I'm hearing so far!

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #11,775 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back