Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #11,776 of 35,472
  Ni hao?

I am actually eying a cheap sabre-based dac+amp that my friend is recommending me. he has 3 models from this seller, all are good, but the sabre-based is slightly better than the other two.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-2328342454.60.ga1Pn5&id=26141880762

seller's customer comment is good enough to buy, but around $200 and cheap for this one? Don't familiar with DAC.

And no one else had bought this item before, so no feedback for this DAC.

It seems that this seller just DIY this DAC? no logo on it. seller promised you can use it one week for free, after one week if want to refund just pay the shipping fee and ship it back to the seller

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #11,777 of 35,472

seller's customer comment is good enough to buy, but around $200 and cheap for this one? Don't familiar with DAC.

And no one else had bought this item before, so no feedback for this DAC.

It seems that this seller just DIY this DAC? no logo on it. seller promised you can use it one week for free, after one week if want to refund just pay the shipping fee and ship it back to the seller

Try google first about sabre-based DAC/AMP. Sabre-based and $200 are very rare.
The seller has many other models, from cheap to more expensive. As I said, my friend has bought 3 amps from the seller, and he said the sabre-based one is the one that got the most head-time. The seller has 4 sabre-based dac/amps if I'm not mistaken.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #11,778 of 35,472
If I remember correctly, the HS-3303 is dual dynamic and sounds pretty decent. Anyone can confirm if these are dual dynamic.

Yes, that's correct.

No problem, they are dirt-cheap and easily available world-wide, which is quite convenient ;D
Can't go wrong with them.

I agree, but be aware that there's a lot of fakes floating around.

For the bass you might try to put some tape over the vents, I really enjoy them this way.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #11,779 of 35,472
  Try google first about sabre-based DAC/AMP. Sabre-based and $200 are very rare.
The seller has many other models, from cheap to more expensive. As I said, my friend has bought 3 amps from the seller, and he said the sabre-based one is the one that got the most head-time. The seller has 4 sabre-based dac/amps if I'm not mistaken.

just googled Sabre, a kind of chip?

Anyway it looks this seller is skillful to make this DAC by himself.

And I've read other customer's comment , 99.7% positive feedback, really a good place to spend your money LOL.

So what can I do for you? If you friend can buy from this seller just ask your friend to help.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #11,780 of 35,472

If you get a chance try to listen to A83 :wink:  That blue+red pair with its analytical dual BA sound and supporting dynamic driver bass puts every other 3-way hybrid to shame, including other dual BA IEMs like Doppios and IM02.  Still burning them in, but I really like what I'm hearing so far!

I haven't heard the A83's, yet. I'm hoping to audition them somewhere in Beijing. They must sound very good! But, that price.....I can't touch them at the moment, they're out of my reach. 
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #11,781 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi,

I was able to try the Sony MDR-EX58V from a friend, they're really good! They're right up their with the KZ-EDSE in SQ. The thin wires scared me a bit, but might still consider buying it. I might get the EX60, the same as EX58V, but without the volume control.

Thanks for the info. 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #11,784 of 35,472
My Xiaomi Pistons broke which i really never liked anyway and i'm up for a new pair.

I will not buy one without microphone since i use them with my iPhone.

The VSD3, HAVI B3 are without mic.

I have the GR07 classic but they are without mic

Any tips on something below $100?

I like the sound signature as UE900. I'm a treble head, not a bass head but still find the VC02 and ETY ER4 to be to light on the bass.

I also have the Vsonic VC02 but i can't stand the fit in my ears. I can't use them and they don't have a mic.

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #11,785 of 35,472
My Xiaomi Pistons broke which i really never liked anyway and i'm up for a new pair.

I like the sound signature as UE900. I'm a treble head, not a bass head but still find the VC02 and ETY ER4 to be to light on the bass.

I also have the Vsonic VC02 but i can't stand the fit in my ears. I can't use them and they don't have a mic.

Vivo Ex800...check out the thread

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #11,786 of 35,472
Phonak Audeo with gray filters.

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #11,787 of 35,472

Havi B3 Pro 1 if you have an amp or powerful source like X3 or X5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back