Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #11,791 of 35,472

I'm checking it now :D

Sounds good. Just make sure that you get the version with moving nozzle since the others are fake.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #11,792 of 35,472
  My Xiaomi Pistons broke which i really never liked anyway and i'm up for a new pair.

I will not buy one without microphone since i use them with my iPhone.

The VSD3, HAVI B3 are without mic.

I have the GR07 classic but they are without mic

Any tips on something below $100?

I like the sound signature as UE900. I'm a treble head, not a bass head but still find the VC02 and ETY ER4 to be to light on the bass.

I also have the Vsonic VC02 but i can't stand the fit in my ears. I can't use them and they don't have a mic.

Another one to consider is UE600vi which comes with iPhone remote (though I used it for android, just not the volume buttons).  You can get these for under $50 which is a bargain for this single BA driver IEM.  They have a great focus on upper mids/lower treble, I would even consider them to be more mid-centric, and also have a decent bass punch to go along with it (w/o overpowering the rest of the FR).  Very lightweight and comfortable wire-down fitment.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #11,793 of 35,472

I haven't heard the A83's, yet. I'm hoping to audition them somewhere in Beijing. They must sound very good! But, that price.....I can't touch them at the moment, they're out of my reach. 
frown.gif

That was a point I tried to make with Ditas and the same with A83 - you can spend so much money on other IEMs until you realize that you could have purchased a few flagship TOTL like Fidue A83.  Just DGS100 and DGS200 alone will be almost 2/3 of A83 price.  Unfortunately, we don't realize that until we go back after those purchases...

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #11,794 of 35,472
That was a point I tried to make with Ditas and the same with A83 - you can spend so much money on other IEMs until you realize that you could have purchased a few flagship TOTL like Fidue A83.  Just DGS100 and DGS200 alone will be almost 2/3 of A83 price.  Unfortunately, we don't realize that until we go back after those purchases...

The flip side is that after a year, there's a good chance a new $300 iem will pop up that beats out the $600+ dita, and you think to yourself "ah man!"

Since I commute so much, my stomach can't justify carrying around a $300+ iem which has a high chance of breaking or getting lost.

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #11,795 of 35,472
  Burn didn't do all too much to the soundsoul, guess I am just not really getting into them personally. Also their cable is driving me bonkers too much memory and getting in the way.

+1 on the cable.  It's like fighting with a snake.  I'm also having trouble with tip selection.  My normal "go to" large Sony hybrids are too small for some reason.  Think I'm going to try MH1C tips when I get a chance.  Any recommendations?  

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #11,796 of 35,472
Hisoundfi, how's your takstar pro80?
The pro80 sounds much better than out of the box. I really enjoy them a lot. I agree with bhazard in the sense that they definitely are less bright than the hi2050, but at the expense of some clarity, resolution, and bass response (as compared to hi2050). I will say that the pro80 is easier to listen to at louder volumes than the hi2050.

I've officially retired my mhp-839, and Sony XB500. My rotation right now is the superlux HD681 EVO, ATH-M50, hi2050, and pro80. Personally, I prefer the modded HD681 EVO because it has the bass extension of the M50 while still having the speed and clarity of a semi open design. The soundstage and imaging on the HD681 EVO is superb IMHO.

The only problem is I wouldn't be caught dead in public with those things on. They are giant, and look like I taped a stack of saucers to the side of my head (I got the white ones)

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #11,798 of 35,472
I've officially retired my mhp-839, and Sony XB500. My rotation right now is the superlux HD681 EVO, ATH-M50, hi2050, and pro80. Personally, I prefer the modded HD681 EVO because it has the bass extension of the M50 while still having the speed and clarity of a semi open design. The soundstage and imaging on the HD681 EVO is superb IMHO.

LOL, yeah, they're giant, there's some sexy looking Philips headphone on massdrop right now, super cheao too, I guess they're on InnerFidelity Hall of Fame, should be good enough for public usage, althought they probably aren't better than the other you have.

Still waiting for my Pro 80
mad.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #11,799 of 35,472
The flip side is that after a year, there's a good chance a new $300 iem will pop up that beats out the $600+ dita, and you think to yourself "ah man!"

Since I commute so much, my stomach can't justify carrying around a $300+ iem which has a high chance of breaking or getting lost.

+1. Preach it, Rev!

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #11,800 of 35,472

Actually, if it sounds closer to the DN-2000, which I've heard already, I'll pass. Too overly bright and sibilant with very lean bass to compensate for is a big turn-off for me and doesn't help me to justify the cost. The dgs100's sounds very balanced to me when used with the default foam tips and provides very good soundstage and details. But, if the A83 sounds great to you, than it's all a matter of taste. For instance, ironically my SA608 are sounding better than anything I have at the moment and I paid a fraction of the cost of my dgs100's.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #11,801 of 35,472
+1 on the cable.  It's like fighting with a snake.  I'm also having trouble with tip selection.  My normal "go to" large Sony hybrids are too small for some reason.  Think I'm going to try MH1C tips when I get a chance.  Any recommendations?  

The cable is rambunctious isn't it? lol I use UE TF10 grey tips. They are perfect for my ears. Also the UE 600 silicone tips worked great and provided an awesome seal. Keep trying. It took about 20 tips rolled before I settled on the TF10's. I even used the Sennheiser IE80 tips for a few.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #11,803 of 35,472

Good to hear that you got yours too. Mine came yesterday with one actually two flaws. The left connector jack is very loose and right one is a bit loose too though not bad as the right one. Can you check yours? Are the cable connectors tight?

This is really disgusting after waiting such a long time. I contacted the seller on Amazon about the issue. Though I'm not happy with the possible return and waiting for the new one again. 

Edit: I haven't had this problem on my broken IM50s. They were very tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back