Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #11,356 of 35,472
  I never quite understood the idea of tip rolling. I'm guessing its something that's commonly done with budget headphones?

Definitely no. It is just for finding the perfect fit and isolation to fully enjoy your IEMs. Some of the Fidue A83 owners have reported that they are having fit issues but they are priced to $325. IM50/70 also needs tip rolling since the stock tips aren't so good. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #11,357 of 35,472
I never quite understood the idea of tip rolling. I'm guessing its something that's commonly done with budget headphones?

Depends where you draw a budget line. I did plenty of tip rolling with $650 DITA before and after burn in, but perhaps it's not the case with your $1k SE846 :wink:

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #11,358 of 35,472
Depends where you draw a budget line. I did plenty of tip rolling with $650 DITA before and after burn in, but perhaps it's not the case with your $1k SE846
wink.gif

Don't think I can tip roll a steel nozzle anyway. lol

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #11,359 of 35,472
  Don't think I can tip roll a steel nozzle anyway. lol

Tip rolling can be done with any IEM, really (even your SE846). Just take out the tips, and put on new ones. Simple as that. Most do it for better fit/seal/comfort, but the sound also changes depending on the eartips you use, i.e. wide bore vs. narrow bore and silicone vs. foam eartips.

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #11,363 of 35,472
I wouldn't get the Havi like Dinerenblanc said. They might be bass-light for you I think. I don't like them near as much as the TTPOD plus you almost have to wear them cable up unlike T1-E. And then you NEED an amp imho(Topping NX1 is cheap and good), there is tip rolling struggles, and possible comfort issues(for me). So B3+NX1=~$100 You could probably buy another earphone to replace the T1-E if you are getting hiss...

Or you could just buy something like the FiiO X1 if you have an extra micro sd on hand and keep enjoying your T1-E if you do like it's SQ and fit. That's what I'd recommend man. I just got my X1 not too long ago, and it's great. Shouldn't be any hiss either.
beerchug.gif
Cheers!

Hmm.. I might just start getting used to wearing IEMs cable up and buy an amp since I'm delving into this hobby :p

The ATH-IM70 is probably going to be a good bet for me then.. According to others, they respond better to background noise. I'm definitely still keeping my T1-E around though 
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #11,365 of 35,472
Hmm.. I might just start getting used to wearing IEMs cable up and buy an amp since I'm delving into this hobby :p

The ATH-IM70 is probably going to be a good bet for me then.. According to others, they respond better to background noise. I'm definitely still keeping my T1-E around though :D  

Yeah, you can get a different iem like the IM70 or a relatively cheap, but good source like the FiiO X1 or a cheap & good amp like the Topping NX1.

Choices, choices. I mean decisions, decisions :wink:

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #11,367 of 35,472
  I am glad IM70 finally got some well-deserved recognition in this Chinese-Asian thread. It has been around for a year. What took you so long guys? 
L3000.gif

Probably wasn't cheap enough.
tongue_smile.gif
 Most of the time I see you guys talking about earphones that costs about $30 here. It also doesn't help that the thread title places "Chinese" ahead of Asian. lol

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #11,369 of 35,472
There's a lot of great Japanese IEMs, but yes, they tend to be much more expensive than your standard Asian budget IEM. The Tenore and Basso being exceptions, and they really took on a life of their own.

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #11,370 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back