Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #11,371 of 35,472
Plus fit has always been an issue or complaint with the IM70, as well as the perceived need for upgrade cable to make them sound their best. That's even more money to spend on an iem.

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #11,372 of 35,472
Tip rolling can be done with any IEM, really (even your SE846). Just take out the tips, and put on new ones. Simple as that. Most do it for better fit/seal/comfort, but the sound also changes depending on the eartips you use, i.e. wide bore vs. narrow bore and silicone vs. foam eartips.

The S-018 sound great just running on flat right out of my iPhone. Especially now that I've finally found the perfect tips for them (wide bore UE TF10 grey tips). The soundstage and 3D imaging is improved, as is the bass and comfort. I love these more than my Doppio, FX850, and Havi for reasons above the technical betterment of the others. The combination of sound, fit, comfort, and portability make these my reach fors at this time.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #11,373 of 35,472
Thought the below link will be useful for those in need.......especially shipped thru china post.

http://track-chinapost.com/?p=435

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #11,374 of 35,472
Thought the below link will be useful for those in need.......especially shipped thru china post.

http://track-chinapost.com/?p=435

+1

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #11,376 of 35,472
Nov 25, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #11,377 of 35,472
  Don't think I can tip roll a steel nozzle anyway. lol

Unless your steel filter nozzle tips come with a screw-on steel eartips
tongue.gif
 you will be fine "tip rolling" by going through your silicone/foam eartips to fine tune the sound
wink.gif
  I know you were j/k, but just for benefit of others going between narrow/mid/wide nozzle eartips, short stem vs long stem (inner silicone tube of eartips), single vs double/triple flange, as well as silicon vs foam (comply or other Chinese softer foam variation) can really vary the sound.  Narrow opening tips typically attenuate high frequencies bringing lows more upfront, while wide bore tips do the opposite which also makes sound brighter and perceived wider.  That's why I absolutely love UE900 eartips since they are "medium" in opening with a medium stem as well, and silicone "cap" of the eartip is medium softness so it gives a good seal without creating a vacuum.  But everything is subjective to your ear anatomy :)  There is no universal recommendation, that's why we "tip roll" to find what fits us individually
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #11,381 of 35,472
  They are better than Xiaomi pistons 2?

HoD was just being funny/sarcastic, suggesting you $130 pair of Beats garbage.  If you browse through this thread, you can get lost in a lot of choices.  What I would recommend for you is to list your music style preference, if you listen indoors or outdoors, if you want wiring over the ear or wire down, if you need smartphone control or not, and maybe bump your budget from $30 to $50 so you have more quality choices.  Then, people will reply back with more suggestions :)

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #11,382 of 35,472
Would be great if someone is able to start up a premium silicone tip company that makes a full range of comfortable tip options...
tongue.gif
 Comply are still by far the best and most comfortable fit though.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #11,383 of 35,472
  Probably wasn't cheap enough.
tongue_smile.gif
 Most of the time I see you guys talking about earphones that costs about $30 here. It also doesn't help that the thread title places "Chinese" ahead of Asian. lol

I agree. ATH poor marketing (distribution) for the western hemisphere of the globe is partly to blame also. I understand it is not widely available in EU and US. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, IM70 only got listed in Amazon sometime in July or maybe later.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #11,384 of 35,472

I agree. ATH poor marketing (distribution) for the western hemisphere of the globe is partly to blame also. I understand it is not widely available in EU and US. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, IM70 only got listed in Amazon sometime in July or maybe later.

Yep, had this conversation with AT US many times.  US marketing analysis every AT release in Japan, and decides which one they will carry in US territory.  They decided to carry only IM01/02/03/04 and not IM50/70, and also made it clear if you purchase IM50/70 outside of US, it will not be covered under US warranty.  But they are making some progress now, and FINALLY decided to introduce CKR9 and CKR10 in US as well, should be coming before X-mas holidays.  They even will have MSR7 available too, but early next year.  BTW, AT US also has a different definition of "flagship", where ATH-M50/M50x is considered to be flagship based on it being a best-seller.  They just have a different perspective on business in comparison to their Japanese and EU division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back