Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #11,386 of 35,472
I just got my s-018. I plugged them straight into my iphone and I wasn't particularly excited about the sq on these.i used the biflange tips and did not eq them. The soundstage is decently wide. The bass is lacking. It has an agile attack but weak prescence and punch.the treble is slightly rolled off. Idk how to explain the mids. It has an airy sound to it.I found them to be neutral sounding. On another note, the sound signature of these earphones aren't my cup of tea. In the end I realized that they costed me 13 dollars, which is pretty damn good.highly recommend if you want a pair that you can beat up and you like that type of sound SIG. Also build quality is excellent for its price the housing itself is extremely solid and the cable is tough

I did not burn them in this is just the first minute of listening.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #11,388 of 35,472
All this chat about cheap wooden IEMs caused me to be a little adventurous.  Bought a set of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GC35853-WoodTones-Earbuds/dp/B009EU6M8Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1416926821&sr=8-5&keywords=griffin+woodtones&pebp=1416926853436  

Here is a slightly different version:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GC35854-WoodTones-Earbuds/dp/B009JOYHZC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416926983&sr=8-2&keywords=griffin+woodtones&pebp=1416926990442

Reviews are very good.  We'll see...

Edit: The S-018s went back down to $8 on Amazon so I canceled the order for the Griffins.  Might try them sometime in the future if the S-018s don't pan out.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #11,389 of 35,472
  Would be great if someone is able to start up a premium silicone tip company that makes a full range of comfortable tip options...
tongue.gif
 Comply are still by far the best and most comfortable fit though.

I wish Comply offered silicon - foam tips (similar to the high end Sony Hybrid with foam) but that may be contrary to their business model since it appears that they're only interested in offering a disposable product to maximize repeat business. Silicon can only go so far. An additional design element is needed by some of us to provide a proper seal and good fit. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #11,390 of 35,472
I just got my s-018. I plugged them straight into my iphone and I wasn't particularly excited about the sq on these.i used the biflange tips and did not eq them. The soundstage is decently wide. The bass is lacking. It has an agile attack but weak prescence and punch.the treble is slightly rolled off. Idk how to explain the mids. It has an airy sound to it.I found them to be neutral sounding. On another note, the sound signature of these earphones aren't my cup of tea. In the end I realized that they costed me 13 dollars, which is pretty damn good.highly recommend if you want a pair that you can beat up and you like that type of sound SIG. Also build quality is excellent for its price the housing itself is extremely solid and the cable is tough

I did not burn them in this is just the first minute of listening.

I'm hoping someone can seriously compare them to the Symphonized NRG Premium's.

-That will pretty much settle my curiosity!

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #11,395 of 35,472
I put UE TripleFi F10 Pro tips on my IM-70's, the fit is great and increased the soundstage.

Could you please post a picture of those tips, thanks.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #11,396 of 35,472
Nov 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #11,397 of 35,472
I can't post pictures yet, being a newbie to the site anad all.
Here is a link though
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00840PBRA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hopefully this will suffice. I was also using Comply T500 Large and they gave me a great fit also. I think the Triple Fi's open up the treble a little more balanced. BTW, it was most of your reviews that had me buy the VSD3s and Havi B3 Pro 1's.. LoL

Thanks for sharing the link, I think I got those and the IM70's on the way, looking forward to hear them.

Lol, glad I could be of help :)

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #11,398 of 35,472
  I went for it too mate. I've heard this thrown around somewhat, making balanced, what do you mean by it?

Ground is separate via each channel instead of shared. Reduces crosstalk and other distortion.

From pics, the headphones are easily modifiable (if you can solder) to become 4 pin balanced headphones, which would work extremely well with my Geek Pulse X. Balanced headphones normally cost a small fortune.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #11,399 of 35,472
Thanks for sharing the link, I think I got those and the IM70's on the way, looking forward to hear them.

Lol, glad I could be of help
smily_headphones1.gif

A question, if you have time, how come there isn't much on the Havi Pro 2's, and VSD3? I have them also and actually prefer them over the Pro 1 and VSD3s. On another note, I think you are really going to enjoy the IM70's :)

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #11,400 of 35,472
  Ground is separate via each channel instead of shared. Reduces crosstalk and other distortion.

From pics, the headphones are easily modifiable (if you can solder) to become 4 pin balanced headphones, which would work extremely well with my Geek Pulse X. Balanced headphones normally cost a small fortune.

Just to add, a lot of people confuse "balanced" sound with a "balanced" wiring.  In this case it sounds like a balanced wiring :) 

Though I'm a bit curious after using HM-700 where RE400B doesn't even have a ground?  Each side has +/- wire with positive/negative voltage swing connected to corresponding rail-to-rail op-amp instead of a typical single wire output referenced to the ground.  Wondering if you are talking about a different balanced wiring where ground wires are separated, sort of like 4-wire connection of Havi B3 Pro where ground is only connected at 3.5mm plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back