Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #11,341 of 35,472
If you try listening Havis with sony tips, its bass level becomes almost bone shaking, if someone else told me that so, I was going to say impossible.. it changes a lot by tip rolling

I agree it changes a lot by tip rolling(that's why I mentioned it), but the hybrids don't give me anyway near impactful bass levels. Not even wide bores or ones similar to other Sony tips that increase sub-bass on other iems(that said I don't have MH1 tips if that's what you mean)
Nothing does, except maybe a big bass boost from and amp might. Plus they hurt my ears after a little bit/while. But to each his own!

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #11,342 of 35,472
The Sony hybrids lift the bass and reduce the treble. They also shrink the soundstage, but tend to focus details. Wide bores usually level off the bass, increase treble extension, and give the widest soundstage presentation, but can also increase any distortion inherent. The JVC spiral dots most definitely behave this way, though for BA drivers, the spiral dots will give a slight lift and controlled focus to bottom end. Better than the Sony hybrids.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #11,343 of 35,472
The Sony hybrids lift the bass and reduce the treble. They also shrink the soundstage, but tend to focus details. Wide bores usually level off the bass, increase treble extension, and give the widest soundstage presentation, but can also increase any distortion inherent. The JVC spiral dots most definitely behave this way, though for BA drivers, the spiral dots will give a slight lift and controlled focus to bottom end. Better than the Sony hybrids.

Not wide bores for T1-E or JVC HA-FXD80 :wink: They increase sub-bass & bass in general and a little treble & perceived soundstage like you said. But that is personal opinion and experience. I do like most wide bore tips better than narrow such as Sony hybrid.

For me, narrow bores like Sony hybrids shrink treble, but only increase mid-bass a bit.

Also, a little lesser known one is the longer the stem the bigger the soundstage, and narrows usually follow this trend not wide-bore.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #11,344 of 35,472
Not wide bores for T1-E or JVC HA-FXD80
wink.gif
They increase sub-bass & bass in general and a little treble & perceived soundstage like you said. But that is personal opinion and experience. I do like most wide bore tips better than narrow such as Sony hybrid.

For me, narrow bores like Sony hybrids shrink treble, but only increase mid-bass a bit.

Also, a little lesser known one is the longer the stem the bigger the soundstage, and narrows usually follow this trend not wide-bore.

In my experiences with tips, wide bored ones give wider soundstage than narrow ones. Soundstage is also dependent to narrow/deep insertion. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #11,345 of 35,472
  If you try listening Havis with sony tips, its bass level becomes almost bone shaking, if someone else told me that so, I was going to say impossible.. it changes a lot by tip rolling

I agree with yalper. Havi with the right choice of tips is not bass-light even when compared to IM50. Actually they are the most tip dependent IEMs I've ever seen.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #11,346 of 35,472
In my experiences with tips, wide bored ones give wider soundstage than narrow ones. Soundstage is also dependent to narrow/deep insertion. 

On the last part, I was saying that the longer the stem, or fit length as you put it, usually increases the soundstage. So yes.
I was just noting that long stem tips are usually narrow borrow. Wide bore, though I agree they increase soundstage width, are usually shorter in length.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #11,347 of 35,472
On the last part, I was saying that the longer the stem, or fit length as you put it, usually increases the soundstage. So yes.
I was just noting that long stem tips are usually narrow borrow. Wide bore, though I agree they increase soundstage width, are usually shorter in length.

Yeah sorry, we are talking about the same thing.
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #11,349 of 35,472
Nov 24, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #11,350 of 35,472
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #11,351 of 35,472

Great review twister6. Is it a mesh type filter? They look different than the RE400 filters. Did you try to put on RE400 filters btw?

No, I didn't try RE400 filter, but it's the same size.  Yep, this is a mesh filter to keep dust/earwax and maybe some sound fine-tuning, though not sure about the later one.  When you look inside, there is no foam or any other kind of filter inside of the nozzle; under the right angle and with enough light you can actually see all the way down to a driver.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #11,353 of 35,472
Really itching but I have neither Fuze nor BE atm......
wink.gif
but not a bad idea and nothing much to lose for the price combined.......btw,do you have fuze?

I don't have a Fuze, and I don't plan to have a Fuze. Again, I'm all about the sound without EQ -- I'm rather averse to EQ software. #3fiddly5mi

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #11,354 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back