Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #11,311 of 35,472
Listening to the S-018 as I type, no amp, through my rockboxed Sansa Fuze. Bass on 6 and treble on 5. EQ on bass, and I'm getting a sound that's rivaling most of my IEM's. Yeah, I'm saying it. It's right up there with the GR07BE. Bass is similar in quantity and quality, highs are better extended too. Mids still go to GR07BE due to the lushness and layering, but S-018 has a wider soundstage, and though there is slight grain, there just isn't the sibilance I get from my GR07BE, so yeah folks, this ain't hype. This is straight up A/B listening.

Carry on gentlemen!

Emphasis on the word "EQ." Compare them without EQ this time, and let me know what you think. Because I'm thinking of taking the plunge, but I'm not really convinced if you rave about it with EQ.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #11,312 of 35,472
Listening to the S-018 as I type, no amp, through my rockboxed Sansa Fuze. Bass on 6 and treble on 5. EQ on bass, and I'm getting a sound that's rivaling most of my IEM's. Yeah, I'm saying it. It's right up there with the GR07BE. Bass is similar in quantity and quality, highs are better extended too. Mids still go to GR07BE due to the lushness and layering, but S-018 has a wider soundstage, and though there is slight grain, there just isn't the sibilance I get from my GR07BE, so yeah folks, this ain't hype. This is straight up A/B listening.

Carry on gentlemen!

so overall its a $120 savings,hmm......:rolleyes:

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #11,313 of 35,472
  Emphasis on the word "EQ." Compare them without EQ this time, and let me know what you think. Because I'm thinking of taking the plunge, but I'm not really convinced if you rave about it with EQ.

Don't let the hype fool you. They're still a really great bargain under $20. They're worth a review for sure. I don't think they beat the current crop of $50 IEMs or anything, just a nice IEM at a really great price. They actually kind of make me think of the FXT90's overall sound profile, just less refined.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #11,314 of 35,472

Really itching but I have neither Fuze nor BE atm......:wink: but not a bad idea and nothing much to lose for the price combined.......btw,do you have fuze?

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #11,315 of 35,472
there will never be a general consensus because everyone has different taste, sources, and buying experiences with the same product.

Well, there are exceptions, e.g. TTPOD T1E, Havi B3, Mi Piston caught fire and the flame is still going strong until now, aren't they? 
wink.gif

You sir, would love the AuGlamour-AG-R1 I'm guessing. Beautifully tuned midrange. Needless to say, there are others on head fi who would probably have issues with the tuning.

For example, out of the box the AuGlamour-AG-R1 was amazeballs, but one of the sides had some distortion from 10-40 HZ at louder volumes. If I go on and on about how the build quality is schiit, it will deter people from purchasing them.

I got  five incoming iems and Auglamour is one of them but sadly it's gonna be another 49 days for me to be home to unbox them.  I hope you get your replacement by then.  Btw, how does Auglamour compare with HZSound EP001?

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #11,316 of 35,472
Don't let the hype fool you. They're still a really great bargain under $20. They're worth a review for sure. I don't think they beat the current crop of $50 IEMs or anything, just a nice IEM at a really great price. They actually kind of make me think of the FXT90's overall sound profile, just less refined.

Whats your take against gr07s?.......and vsd1 & 3 line-ups.......

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #11,317 of 35,472
rontant Where are you at dude? You aren't in Iraq fighting for isis are you?

Jk, kind of, not really

Isis sucks

"carry on gentlemen!" lmao

But for real, that quote is getting to me lol

HouseOfDoom you don't have to burn us with your discoveries broseph, we want to find good gears for cheap just like you friend

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #11,319 of 35,472
@rontant Where are you at dude? You aren't in Iraq fighting for isis are you?

Jk, kind of, not really

Isis sucks

"carry on gentlemen!" lmao

But for real, that quote is getting to me lol

I love booze too much and have star and stripes plastered all over me. I listen to Rosemary Clooney, Sinatra and John Pizzarelli too. So you know which side I am with. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #11,322 of 35,472
Does anyone know how the Sony XBA-H1 fares against any of the IEMs in this thread? They're $150 on Amazon, but a seller is selling some as open box returns on eBay for $50..

Just curious since someone on The Wirecutter decided to call them the best IEMs under $200: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-200-in-ear-headphones/

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #11,323 of 35,472
Does anyone know how the Sony XBA-H1 fares against any of the IEMs in this thread? They're $150 on Amazon, but a seller is selling some as open box returns on eBay for $50..

Just curious since someone on The Wirecutter decided to call them the best IEMs under $200: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-200-in-ear-headphones/

I wouldn't trust wirecutter. Their initial selection isn't the best. Many of their recommendations I disagree with as well. With that said, that's an extremely good price for what were $150 earphones. I would pick them up just to test them out. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #11,324 of 35,472
Whats your take against gr07s?.......and vsd1 & 3 line-ups.......

I think all 3 are technically better for various reasons. It's closest to the VSD1, but lacks a little bit of the refinement as I said before. Treble can be harsh and overall the IEM can sound tinny and artificial. It still has a great airy feel and nice clarity and detail in the mids and highs. My VSD1 broke so I can't do a 1-1 comparison, but I'd probably put them a little behind it. I'd probably rank them above things like the Brainwavz M4 and such though. If you look at my profile, I'd probably put them on the tier of the M4 and Nuforce. For me, I even like them better than the S1, because it was too bassy for me, but I think it lags a bit behind in technical ability. Those complaints aside, this is a $13 product compared to some that cost $60. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #11,325 of 35,472
I fall out of love with 300h due to build issues. If it isn't built to last, you lose my love real fast.
wink.gif

What is the built issue you are having? RE0 is also said to have some built issues that I've never experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back