Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #11,266 of 35,472
For me, only decent and cheap woodies are Takstar Hi1200.
Awei Q9? Blah...

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #11,267 of 35,472
Has anyone tried Symphonized NRG yet? They get some rave reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C30HUQ2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2X0F4F8T5BV34

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #11,269 of 35,472
  Has anyone tried Symphonized NRG yet? They get some rave reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C30HUQ2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2X0F4F8T5BV34

Ha, ha I asked the same question a day or two ago.  I don't think anyone has yet.  I think Hisoundfi should be the guy to be the guinea pig. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #11,270 of 35,472
As I'm typing this I'm listening to Camouflage on my new Fiio X1 with my Ostry KC06As and Fiio E11k amp.  I do believe this is my favorite combo of anything I have right now.  Simply amazing.  The Ostry's really don't need amping, but I do believe it helps a little.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #11,272 of 35,472
  Would either the KC06/KC06A Ostrys be a worthy upgrade from the T1-E? Or are they all too similar?

IMO not really an upgrade. Its better in some things and worse in others

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #11,274 of 35,472
Just got my Soundsoul S-018. They sound pretty good for 6 bucks. Better than the SHE3580 but not as good as the Quadbeats or Pistons. They're a decent bargain at 6-15 bucks, but nothing that's going to blow most people away I think. I have a serious problem getting a good seal no matter which tips I use, but they do sound nice for 6 bucks. 

In glad you edited your impressions, because after significant burn in, and these are titanium micro drivers, so they need burn in time, these are far superior to the Pistons and KZED. You can't compare a recessed mids v-shaped IEM with a much clearer, linear IEM with better timbre and articulation. These definitely punch higher than even a $12 price tag, and crush both my 300h and my VSD3S. Yes there's slight peaks every so often, but hardly any sibilance at all, and for titanium driver (I've had several, and they were all sibilant), you can't ask for more? They are on par with the Tenore, but better treble.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #11,276 of 35,472

Did you hear any significant changes in bass region with more burn-in? I wonder if they are they still L-shaped.

Yep, still L-shaped but it's the best "L-shaped" I heard in a long time :)  They are definitely tuned for a modern "beats" crowd with more extension at the bottom and more roll off at the top, but what amazes me how well mids are sitting in the middle of that.  It's warm with a nice body, courtesy of thicker lower mids (and a bit of spillage from mid-bass), but it still comes out clean and clear.  Those who like their sound bright and detailed, Re300h will not be your cup of team.  But if you want a warm smooth sound with a good separation/layering and nice smooth bass (more sub-bass than mid-bass) - these are great.  Another thing I absolutely love about them is the staging, quite amazing for such a tiny little guys without any pinhole air port to control the sound.  These tuned wide for sure.  Also, among best passive sound isolation I have experienced, like earplugs (again, no air port for sound leakage).  They are so small, literally disappear in your ears.

and here is how it looks next to RE400, so you can get a good idea how tiny they are:

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #11,277 of 35,472

Yep, still L-shaped but it's the best "L-shaped" I heard in a long time :)  They are definitely tuned for a modern "beats" crowd with more extension at the bottom and more roll off at the top, but what amazes me how well mids are sitting in the middle of that.  It's warm with a nice body, courtesy of thicker lower mids (and a bit of spillage from mid-bass), but it still comes out clean and clear.  Those who like their sound bright and detailed, Re300h will not be your cup of tea.

No, I won't say again. 
biggrin.gif
 Thank you twister6. This will be definitely my next purchase.

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #11,278 of 35,472
Those who like their sound bright and detailed, Re300h will not be your cup of team.  But if you want a warm smooth sound with a good separation/layering and nice smooth bass (more sub-bass than mid-bass) - these are great. 

Oh, they should be a nice opposite to my VSD3S, fitting seens to be excellent, and lightweight.
Plus, can be used with the cable over the ear, it`s a "I`m going to buy it!"
They just need to appear on Aliexpress...

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #11,279 of 35,472
Oh, they should be a nice opposite to my VSD3S, fitting seens to be excellent, and lightweight.
Plus, can be used with the cable over the ear, it`s a "I`m going to buy it!"
They just need to appear on Aliexpress...

They are very much the opposite of the VSD3S. They VSonic are bright and sibilant. 300h is smooth, warm, with no sibilance at all.

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #11,280 of 35,472
In glad you edited your impressions, because after significant burn in, and these are titanium micro drivers, so they need burn in time, these are far superior to the Pistons and KZED. You can't compare a recessed mids v-shaped IEM with a much clearer, linear IEM with better timbre and articulation. These definitely punch higher than even a $12 price tag, and crush both my 300h and my VSD3S. Yes there's slight peaks every so often, but hardly any sibilance at all, and for titanium driver (I've had several, and they were all sibilant), you can't ask for more? They are on par with the Tenore, but better treble.

Well, no driver material is gonna convince me that burn in makes an appreciable difference, but these are really great. I wouldn't say they crush the VSD3S either. I'd say they keep up with it well though. It's definitely a steal at the price and a few price brackets above it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back