Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #11,251 of 35,472
http://www.iwalkthailand.com/iwalk_amour.php

Iwalk Amour HDA001

Apparently, these are flat tuned asian iems have been around for possibly a year.... and Staples sells them for $22! They are cheaper here than they are on Aliexpress.

http://www.staples.com/iWALK-HDA001-Amour-Earphones-With-Microphone/product_SS3651992

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #11,252 of 35,472
  http://www.iwalkthailand.com/iwalk_amour.php

Iwalk Amour HDA001

Apparently, these are flat tuned asian iems have been around for possibly a year.... and Staples sells them for $22! They are cheaper here than they are on Aliexpress.

http://www.staples.com/iWALK-HDA001-Amour-Earphones-With-Microphone/product_SS3651992

It's a Korean brand launched in January 2013. Kinda dated I think.

http://www.amazon.com/iWALK-Amour-Headset-remote-tangle/dp/B00BP43NVS/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1416723064&sr=1-2&keywords=iwalk+hda
http://taiwan.tmall.com/item/22345120246.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.GmqSPB&id=22345120246&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=&abbucket=4

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #11,253 of 35,472
For the record, I think they're both superb IEMs, with different sound signatures. The IM02 is relatively more analytical, while the VC1000 is more musical.

Personally, I prefer the VC1000 as the IM02 is a bit too harsh and cold sounding to me. It is also slightly cheaper.

I was woundering to get the im02 but that description is exactly what I don´t look for. Lack of musicality.

Any other option to consider in the double BA categorie?

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #11,254 of 35,472
  I was woundering to get the im02 but that description is exactly what I don´t look for. Lack of musicality.

Zero Audio Doppios

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #11,255 of 35,472

I forget, why are you so interested in double BA? If you enjoy musicality but enjoy BA mids and treble, I'd suggest looking at a double or triple hybrid - something with at least one dynamic driver.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #11,256 of 35,472

I forget, why are you so interested in double BA? If you enjoy musicality but enjoy BA mids and treble, I'd suggest looking at a double or triple hybrid - something with at least one dynamic driver.

I don´t have any pair of BA. After this, maybe a hybrid.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #11,257 of 35,472
I've only heard Fisher Audio DBA02, and while I liked it at first it's totally blown away by newer IEM I've purchased. I just can't imagine going back to something so analytical and non-musical at this point. However, I haven't heard other double BAs and some people really like analytical.

Zero Audio Doppio is probably the best suggestion I've heard so far for a musical double BA based on what I've read around headfi. However, people have had such bad luck with Zero Audio Tenore quality control that I'm reluctant to suggest them based on that. Just scan through the Tenore thread for the many different issues peole have had with them.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #11,258 of 35,472
Just got my Soundsoul S-018. They sound pretty good for 6 bucks. Better than the SHE3580 but not as good as the Quadbeats or Pistons. They're a decent bargain at 6-15 bucks, but nothing that's going to blow most people away I think. I have a serious problem getting a good seal no matter which tips I use, but they do sound nice for 6 bucks. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #11,260 of 35,472
You know what, I take that back. Found some tips that work and they're definitely on the same level as the QB and Piston (at least the piston from memory. I'm A/Bing with the SHE3580 and LG Quadbeat right now. Mids and highs are very nice on these for a cheap phone. I've heard $50 dollar headphones that don't sound this nice. There's a lot more tinniness and harshness with the stock tips and others I was trying but with the right tips these are very good. I do agree they can do with a little more fullness and boosted bass, but I'd gladly drop $20 on these with proper tips. These could be going for $30-40 and I don't think anyone would think that was unreasonable.

Not trying to be a hype master here, there is some artificialness and peaky spots, and they lack that refinement that lets them compete with the top budget options, but with proper tips they're an excellent buy at sub $20. Again, this isn't some "giant killer" or any such thing, just a great bargain for people who like a more mid and treble forward sound under 20 bucks. Color me impressed. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #11,262 of 35,472
  You know what, I take that back. Found some tips that work and they're definitely on the same level as the QB and Piston (at least the piston from memory. I'm A/Bing with the SHE3580 and LG Quadbeat right now. Mids and highs are very nice on these for a cheap phone. I've heard $50 dollar headphones that don't sound this nice. There's a lot more tinniness and harshness with the stock tips and others I was trying but with the right tips these are very good. I do agree they can do with a little more fullness and boosted bass, but I'd gladly drop $20 on these with proper tips. These could be going for $30-40 and I don't think anyone would think that was unreasonable.

Not trying to be a hype master here, there is some artificialness and peaky spots, and they lack that refinement that lets them compete with the top budget options, but with proper tips they're an excellent buy at sub $20. Again, this isn't some "giant killer" or any such thing, just a great bargain for people who like a more mid and treble forward sound under 20 bucks. Color me impressed. 

ZapX629, May I ask what is your favorite IEM so far? If you have some double flange Hifiman tips you can try them on Soundsoul S-018. They are my preferred tips on Super Fi5 and gives better isolation and fit than my other tips. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #11,263 of 35,472

OK, an update after 5+ hrs of burn in.  The sound is L-shaped, definitely skewed more toward bass/lower mids, still clear but a bit thick and warm/smooth.  Borderline bloated, but tolerable.  Very comfy "tiny" fitment, good isolation, above average soundstage width/depth.   If this how audiophile "h" version sounds, I would probably stay away from i/a version and it's bass bloat, but "h" is rather good if you are not craving a bright sound.

Did you hear any significant changes in bass region with more burn-in? I wonder if they are they still L-shaped.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #11,264 of 35,472

ZapX629, May I ask what is your favorite IEM so far? If you have some double flange Hifiman tips you can try them on Soundsoul S-018. They are my preferred tips on Super Fi5 and gives better isolation and fit than my other tips. 

I'd probably say the IM70 and GR07BE/CE are my favorites. Those are the ones I could always go to over anything else.

I'm using the stock biflanges (look like Senn biflanges) on the S-018 and they're working pretty well so far. These IEMs are hard to get a good seal with but that may just be poor isolation. They feel somewhat like the Ostrys in that regard. I really can't believe how impressive these are for under $20 with proper tip fitment and a little brain in. Makes me wonder just how much more there is out there in this market. That's why we have this thread, I guess. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #11,265 of 35,472
Another cheap woodie at $4 is the awei Q9, i compared them to some earphones in my own thread:http://www.head-fi.org/t/740677/awei-q9-wood-monoprice-rival-reviewed-and-compared#post_11038471
Great full sounding IEM with a peak at 125hz. Lowering the peak makes it great at $4. Seem to be the "enhanced bass " monoprices some looked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back