Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #10,141 of 35,472
Hifiman has started to sell black versions of RE300s.

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?cid=1 

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #10,142 of 35,472
  http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_3

Oxygen Free Copper. Companies normally charge $80+ for the privilege of owning OCC cables, but if you get them straight out of China, you can get them for much less. The KZ, Ostry, Havi, etc use different forms of high core count OFC, and they are all extremely cheap.

Shows a lot of how unnecessary markup works in the audio industry.   

Spot-on. I paid exactly $80 for mine of UP-OCC. What a ripper 
confused_face.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #10,145 of 35,472
  Hifiman, your still and old friend 
beerchug.gif

Yeah! Because they've never dissapointed me. I might give these a shot. 
wink.gif
 Anyone ordered it?

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #10,146 of 35,472
Hifiman has started to sell black versions of RE300s.

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?cid=1 

The RE-300! Dr Fang's answer to the Dr Dre Beats generation. Even after 50+ hours of burn in, the bass of the RE-300 is THUDDING, BOOMING, and ever present. Is this bass high quality and articulate? Damn straight it is, but it's also EVER PRESENT like I mentioned earlier. Smooth highs, forward mids, and crazy bass. I think bassheads have something to celebrate thanks to HiFiMan.

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #10,147 of 35,472
Just got the HZSOUND HZ EP001.

I really like it.

Warm-ish signature with forward mids.

The midrange really takes the center stage, and has very good seperation and imaging. I'm hearing elements of midrange I otherwise for the most part haven't heard in other phones. It's a refreshing tuning that is similar the vsd1s but better in terms of clarity, width, transparency and imaging.

It has a considerable amount of rumble that goes down into sub bass territory. There's a nice balance between sub and mid bass, and not much sign of veil presence in lower midrange and male vocals.

Treble is polite and present with zero sign of sibilance. It's not too extended and compliments the forward midrange. It's nicely done.

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #10,150 of 35,472
Just got the HZSOUND HZ EP001.

I really like it.

Warm-ish signature with forward mids.

The midrange really takes the center stage, and has very good seperation and imaging. I'm hearing elements of midrange I otherwise for the most part haven't heard in other phones. It's a refreshing tuning that is similar the vsd1s but better in terms of clarity, width, transparency and imaging.

It has a considerable amount of rumble that goes down into sub bass territory. There's a nice balance between sub and mid bass, and not much sign of veil presence in lower midrange and male vocals.

Treble is polite and present with zero sign of sibilance. It's not too extended and compliments the forward midrange. It's nicely done.

Thank you for the impressions Hisoundfi. Can you compare it to your IM50 in terms of sound signature? I'm also interested in EP001.

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #10,155 of 35,472
These EP001 are set up to listen to at loud volumes

Sound comparison to IM50? Does EP001 have also the great vocal presentation like IM50s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back