Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #10,126 of 35,472
So far I'm enjoying the fun and highly detailed sound of the Narmoo S1. What a huge airy soundstage!!! The only :frowning2: that I can hear is that they aren't as fast or resolving as the RE-300, so fast movements like heavy metal tend to have less clarity, instrument separation and imaging as with other slower music. The RE-300 handles metal like a champ, but has less extended/smoother/smoothed out highs.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #10,127 of 35,472
I think the smoothed out highs of the RE-300 will keep them from catching on, because in my opinion, they are intentionally tuned to sound similar to the Tenore and Bassos. They are so similar to the bassos, only with the detail and instrument separation of the Tenore. I know so many didn't like that warm sound.

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #10,130 of 35,472
  That interconnect I bought from that Hifi audio aliexpress store was defective. Anyone know of a good interconnect under $10? My Fiio L6 broke.

How about this one? 

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/146/ultra-short-3-5mm-interconnect-cable/

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #10,132 of 35,472
Dont know why my E06 has just 3.....cld it be e6's batch difference?not sure either.......
You should have the purple (flat setting), the dimmed blue setting (not sure, but it sounds louder than the purple, maybe high gain?), then the red (warm sound with boosted bass and rolled off highs), then a bright blue setting (seems like a v signature)

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #10,134 of 35,472

Lossless OCC! Not something I'm familiar with personally. 

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_3

Oxygen Free Copper. Companies normally charge $80+ for the privilege of owning OCC cables, but if you get them straight out of China, you can get them for much less. The KZ, Ostry, Havi, etc use different forms of high core count OFC, and they are all extremely cheap.

Shows a lot of how unnecessary markup works in the audio industry.   

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #10,135 of 35,472
  http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_3

Oxygen Free Copper. Companies normally charge $80+ for the privilege of owning OCC cables, but if you get them straight out of China, you can get them for much less. The KZ, Ostry, Havi, etc use different forms of high core count OFC, and they are all extremely cheap.

Shows a lot of how unnecessary markup works in the audio industry.   

I know what OCC is, just not the lossless version. 
wink.gif

I was speaking to ClieOS in another thread apparently you must careful with the OCC descriptions on Chinese cables. I think it's all very well reading it in a description but what you get may not be the case.

I agree though some well known cable companies are marking up their cables to ridiculous levels.

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #10,136 of 35,472
You should have the purple (flat setting), the dimmed blue setting (not sure, but it sounds louder than the purple, maybe high gain?), then the red (warm sound with boosted bass and rolled off highs), then a bright blue setting (seems like a v signature)

Dimmed blue is the odd....:rolleye:

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #10,138 of 35,472

I would say that E06 has 2 eq options and an attenuator mode:
  1. In mine i don't really have a dimmed blue, it looks like no light, and it sounds flat.
  2. Red sounds like a really big bass boost.
  3. Blue a smaller bass boost with tremble boost.
  4. Purple is flat, but attenuating the input.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #10,139 of 35,472
I would say that E06 has 2 eq options and an attenuator mode:
  • In mine i don't really have a dimmed blue, it looks like no light, and it sounds flat.
  • Red sounds like a really big bass boost.
  • Blue a smaller bass boost with tremble boost.
  • Purple is flat, but attenuating the input.

Yeah thats correct.....no light is eq OFF I wld say......and ONLY 3 eq presets....
May be James might include the dimmed blue,the 4th on the E8 model?..:wink:

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #10,140 of 35,472
Yeah thats correct.....no light is eq OFF I wld say......and ONLY 3 eq presets....
May be James might include the dimmed blue,the 4th on the E8 model?..
wink.gif

In the dark the "no light" indication looks like "dimmed purple" or "dimmed blue" depending if you are recharging or not. It is only bleed of the other indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back