Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #9,873 of 35,472
So let's get serious for just a moment. I'm researching the KZ products, and just about every review seems to place performance at or around what is paid for them. Time and again, and with spursxx more recently, they underwhelm and in my personal experience, have bloated bass tuning that's far too unruly. This isn't something that's every so often, but more often than not. Why do people keep buying the subsequent KZ models? Is it the price point? Throw away income? The hope that someone will be the first to discover that true KZ giant killer and boast for a year??? What's the fascination?

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #9,874 of 35,472
Dam I really want to hear your pair of Tenore now. I think would also love an dark sounding version of my Tenore's ;D

~~cheers~~ maybe I'll send them out one day?

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #9,877 of 35,472
A little bit of patients goes a long way.....

I realized having a KZ product needs to be put on the back burner, meaning burning them in for at least 50 to 100 hours before making a judgement call on them. I hate this procedure myself, but what the heck, what do I got to lose. I really hate burning them, and they all sound terrible when I first tried them out-the-box. Even the VSonic gr07 needs to be burned for at least 100 to 200 hours according to the company. That shows you that breaking them in and after settling leads to changes to their sound signature. Other branded companies puts them through these tortures before selling them to the average consumer. That's why the cost of IEM's coming from famous branded companies would occasionally sell for more. They're pretty much ready for you out-the-box! Chinese companies don't usually like to go through the rigorous time to sell each product, but rather sell the product at a faster pace and lower cost to satisfy even their own profits. So, yes these products are actually good when compared to branded ones, but to realize that..... you got to first burn, burn, burn!

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #9,878 of 35,472
So let's get serious for just a moment. I'm researching the KZ products, and just about every review seems to place performance at or around what is paid for them. Time and again, and with spursxx more recently, they underwhelm and in my personal experience, have bloated bass tuning that's far too unruly. This isn't something that's every so often, but more often than not. Why do people keep buying the subsequent KZ models? Is it the price point? Throw away income? The hope that someone will be the first to discover that true KZ giant killer and boast for a year??? What's the fascination?

The KZs (at least the EDSE and ES which I have) are very receptive to changes in the equalizer, just like the Philips SHE3580. They're flexible. I can't say the same for the Pistons 2.1 and to a slightly lesser degree the TTPod T1E, which I also own. The overbearing bass can be tamed easily without muddying the rest of the spectrum.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #9,879 of 35,472

Value. No IEM anywhere under $100 has a TRRS balanced plug, yet the EDSE and ES do. They are Piston level SQ gym earphones you're not afraid to throw around. Think of them as sequels to the $7 Monoprice, which is ancient nowadays, but were revelations.

If the LPS is as good as the LP headphone was, at $26 you're getting a V-moda like hard case, nice detachable cable, and a Takstar Pro 80 like sound for an unheard of price.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #9,880 of 35,472
A little bit of patients goes a long way.....

I realized having a KZ product needs to be put on the back burner, meaning burning them in for at least 50 to 100 hours before making a judgement call on them. I hate this procedure myself, but what the heck, what do I got to lose. I really hate burning them, and they all sound terrible when I first tried them out-the-box. Even the VSonic gr07 needs to be burned for at least 100 to 200 hours according to the company. That shows you that breaking them in and after settling leads to changes to their sound signature. Other branded companies puts them through these tortures before selling them to the average consumer. That's why the cost of IEM's coming from famous branded companies would occasionally sell for more. They're pretty much ready for you out-the-box! Chinese companies don't usually like to go through the rigorous time to sell each product, but rather sell the product at a faster pace and lower cost to satisfy even their own profits. So, yes these products are actually good when compared to branded ones, but to realize that..... you got to first burn, burn, burn!

I burnt in the KZED, it didn't help

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #9,881 of 35,472

I bought during the hype and only just got them now after such a long time. It's cheap enough to have a good listen then give away. I have too many IEMs now so gotta stop to save up for a TOTL DAC

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #9,882 of 35,472
I bought during the hype and only just got them now after such a long time. It's cheap enough to have a good listen then give away. I have too many IEMs now so gotta stop to save up for a TOTL DAC

I have the Geek Pulse Xfi +LPS on the way. I think I'll be good in the DAC/amp dept. for awhile :D

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #9,883 of 35,472
Just noticed, Penon got HZSound HZ EP001, listed for $24.90:  http://penonaudio.com/HZSOUND-HZ-EP001

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #9,884 of 35,472
  Here is a review or first look of the HZ-EP001's, can't really tell

Hey BluePhoenixHD, are you affiliated with this at all?:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/blue-phoenix-source-of-hope

If so, that is pretty amazing stuff imo.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #9,885 of 35,472
Value. No IEM anywhere under $100 has a TRRS balanced plug, yet the EDSE and ES do. They are Piston level SQ gym earphones you're not afraid to throw around. Think of them as sequels to the $7 Monoprice, which is ancient nowadays, but were revelations.

If the LPS is as good as the LP headphone was, at $26 you're getting a V-moda like hard case, nice detachable cable, and a Takstar Pro 80 like sound for an unheard of price.

Now drop the Pro80 or even AT D2000 drivers into it and we have a winner! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back