Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #9,857 of 35,472
  Hello. 
I listen Mozart symphony and opera(90%) and Apocalyptica/Other symphonic+genres bands. At home I have Matrix CUBE DAC + HD-595 and I'm hapy with this level of sound. 

Now I'm searching for Iriver E50 player a budget(<60$) in-ear headphones. I saw Havi B3 Pro 1 is regarded best at this price, but I don't want any additional amp to add.

Please recommend some models! (I listen music(E50) 100% in public transport, not outside in winter,etc: so to not disturb anyone and vice versa).

---
priorities: 1)best for classical music 2)MAX Isolation 3)durability 4)no need amp
---

Thank you.

I don't listen to classical music, but I imagine that the Zero Audio Tenore would do good job with it.

They are by far my favorite phones in terms of form and portability, since I prefer wearing my phones straight down instead of over ear. Isolation is pretty good too due to the possibility of deep insertion.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #9,858 of 35,472
I don't listen to classical music, but I imagine that the Zero Audio Tenore would do good job with it.

They are by far my favorite phones in terms of form and portability, since I prefer wearing my phones straight down instead of over ear. Isolation is pretty good too due to the possibility of deep insertion.

I have the Tenore, and they are too dark and lack top end extension to be good with classical music. Decay is very short. Tenore good for vocals and Rock.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #9,859 of 35,472

+1
I have the Tenore, and they are too dark and lack top end extension to be good with classical music. Decay is very short. Tenore good for vocals and Rock.

Remember, it is a lottery ticket when people are dealing with regarding the tenores.

I did not expect the tenores to have such an inconsistent performance.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #9,861 of 35,472

Finally got the KZ-ES. I had a quick listen and I've been listening to the VSD3S for the past 3 days so coming from that the KZ sounds quite bloated in the mid bass, mids sound veiled and recessed. Highs are too rolled off for my liking and there's hardly any sub bass. The build quality is once again top notch like the KZ-ED that I gave away. I think I paid about $10 so no big deal. Sounds about $10

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #9,862 of 35,472
That's probably the last phone I buy off this thread for a while. Gotta save up for a Master 7

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #9,864 of 35,472
The Tenore are dark? They don't sound very dark to me. What do you mean by that, elaboration pls ;P

Yes sir, the Tenore are considered a dark sounding phone. Even joker referred to them as such, and correctly. They are the opposite of bright, since they have VERY LAID BACK treble. The Tenore are a smooth dark sound signature, with relative mid centricity. A fine IEM, but like all ZA phones, leaning on the dark side. The Ostry on the other hand is bright.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #9,866 of 35,472
I would pick JVC FXT90 for classical music. IMO, VSD3S is not so good in classical because of its recessed and a bit veiled midrange.

I agree here. The FXT90 is an absolute monster for classical music, and when given the proper 100 plus hours of burn in, the timbre, decay, and speed are simply unmatched at the current selling price.

p.s. Don't try using it for much more, as the recessed mids make it a poor option for rock, metal, pop, or modern music, and this includes EDM ect. Still, for classical music, a beautifully technical IEM.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #9,867 of 35,472
Hmm, I've never thought of the Tenores as dark either......

Listen to your Ostry or B3 or even the VSonic, and then listen to your Tenore, and then come back and tell me they aren't dark...

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #9,869 of 35,472
So HiFiMan are resending me the RE-300. Two weeks since my order, and due to their address blunder, still gonna be waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back