Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #9,467 of 35,472
Tighter bass , more textured, more foward midrange and better microdetails, smoother top end with losing sparkle,wide deep soundstage reproduction and same height, same power requirements. Sexy brushed aluminum housing that's light weight feel great in build quality.....before getting the piston 3..i was extensively using the altone200 and also add a extra 10hrs of burn in on it .after putting in the piston the altone200 sounded recessed and v-shaped :disappointed:

Strange why Penon is not listing these as a separate model considering all the improvements.  Otherwise, it gets lost under multi-listing with original 2.x model.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #9,468 of 35,472
Wish me luck as well after my wife gets here in November :sweat_smile: :four_leaf_clover: :stars:

Good luck. Maybe it's time to think about building a secret listening room in the house to stash all the goodies and occasionally disappear for a listening session. Or simply to hide from her when she sees the credit card bill. :smile:

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #9,469 of 35,472
Wish me luck as well after my wife gets here in November :sweat_smile: :four_leaf_clover: :stars:

I see another massive mochill selloff in your future!
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #9,471 of 35,472

Hey Mochill, this the same silver model that's on penon audio?

Also guys, I seem to have caused a tear in the base of one of the medium sized stock Pro 1 ear tips, is it possible to get spare ones anywhere?

Did you get yours from Penon?  Mention it to them with your next order, I'm sure they can send a replacement or something similar.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #9,472 of 35,472

Did you get yours from Penon?  Mention it to them with your next order, I'm sure they can send a replacement or something similar.

Yeah got them from Penon. Great idea actually, I will contact them and have them add it on to my next order :)

Btw do you know if the Penon Silver Pistons and the ones on ibuygoy.com are the one and the same? Thanks bud.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #9,475 of 35,472
Ha! I read this and had some witty/funny comments for you, but  then I saw that a bunch had been posted already. So I'll just leave it with Wokei's "Good luck buddy ....you need it ...lol"

Can't resist final parting shot...soonSalmonelas will assume this position when the wifey
finds out

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #9,476 of 35,472
  Now that's quite a sight! 
darthsmile.gif

How does the b3 sound through that beast? 

Not bright at all, the Master 9 is so smooth and detailed it works really really well with the B3s. I think it brings out 100% of the B3s qualities similar to the way it does with my HD800s.

They say the Havis need an amp, well I'm amping it

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #9,477 of 35,472
I know what you mean. My mrs is in Oman on a work trip and I've bought the HD800 which then led to an amp purchase and now some cables and a new DAC. Lucky the boxes are all black so I can say it's my old amp lol. I've dropped over $3k AUD this month. She shouldn't leave me home alone

Ow ,you exceed every husbands dream,im envy you lol !

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #9,479 of 35,472
I know what you mean. My mrs is in Oman on a work trip and I've bought the HD800 which then led to an amp purchase and now some cables and a new DAC. Lucky the boxes are all black so I can say it's my old amp lol. I've dropped over $3k AUD this month. She shouldn't leave me home alone

Fingers crossed!

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #9,480 of 35,472
Fingers crossed!

lol I had it on 55/100 low gain. I think the Havis can take a beating. That amps puts out 2.5W in SE mode and 9W in balanced mode at 40 ohms. Not sure what the Havis are rated at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back