Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #8,641 of 35,472
Do you guys hear a train off in the distance?

That's actually the sound of my local post office sorting my dm3 out from the rest of the mail.

Choo Choo! Muahahaha!

Make sure you burn them at least 10hrs and uses the widest possible eartips, otherwise out of the box with included narrow tips you will be drowning in bass bloat :)  The sound signature of DM3 changes drastically by going from narrow bore to wide bore tips, as well as short vs long eartip stem.

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #8,643 of 35,472
Double flange one requires a deep insertion.  I couldn't fit them in, my ear canal's are not deep.  Actually, used my Westone star tips for testing.  Regarding the sound, it's a pure L-shape sound with no upper mids/treble clarity :frowning2:  Great bass, tiny design, excellent seal if your ear canal can handle deep insertion, but sound signature is fun and bass oriented.

For me only the first flange is used. They sit right at the edge of my ear canal. If I put them in further it dulls the sound completely. I will agree that the bass is great, but I didn't find the treble or mids (for the most part) lacking at all. I would say more J
shaped than L, leaning towards a mis-shapen u. :wink:

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #8,644 of 35,472

The KC06A finally came after over a month. Might as well have a listen on the new rig

Tuned very similar to the GR07BE but mids slightly less recessed and less harsh highs. But also less detail than the GR07BE

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #8,647 of 35,472
Well, I will be receiving a new phone tomorrow. My xperia tl is suddenly a POS all the sudden.

I hope this works out

That sucks. Ooo, what phone man?

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #8,651 of 35,472
Does anyone know when you order a pair of VSD3/S from Penon with the upgrade cable if you still get the stock with it?

When you order VSD3/S from Penon for $45 and choose an upgraded silver-plated cable as an option for $15 more - you will get BOTH cables, the original one with headphones and the upgraded one.  Pretty good deal!

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #8,654 of 35,472

When you order VSD3/S from Penon for $45 and choose an upgraded silver-plated cable as an option for $15 more - you will get BOTH cables, the original one with headphones and the upgraded one.  Pretty good deal!

Thank you good sir. I just need to be sure. I have been hesitant to get the cable suggested by you for my ATH-IM50, due to lack of experience with the cable side with audio. I figured this would be a good to test that theory, but if it only came with just the one my test would be mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back