Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #6,631 of 35,472
Yeah, the Uptowns are a great set. I have a pair (they're for sale, actually) and they never disappoint me. Maybe a little bass light for bassheads, but the soundstage is amazing for a closed phone and they're very warm and detailed.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #6,632 of 35,472
www.head-fi.org/t/732364/eu-uk-philips-fidelio-x1

What about this? Located in Great Britain.

Now that's a steal, if only I wasn't so set on those x2's :wink:

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #6,635 of 35,472

You sold me! Thanks for all the help!

Just got a pair on Amazon Prime - should land on Saturday!

Managed to land a pair without the sliding volume control - just a mic!

Thanks again

Nice! I hope you like them! Np. Oh, and did you get an updated black one or something? Because the Brown& Black($50 on eBay) and Silver&Brown have the crappy, annoying volume slider. The new black and all the cheaper Downtown colors(on-ear) don't have a slider, just mic and one multi-function button. That's nice you avoided it. Should be no channel imbalance fiddling now. Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #6,636 of 35,472
  Nice! I hope you like them! Np. Oh, and did you get an updated black one or something? Because the Brown& Black($50 on eBay) and Silver&Brown have the crappy, annoying volume slider. The new black and all the cheaper Downtown colors(on-ear) don't have a slider, just mic and one multi-function button. That's nice you avoided it. Should be no channel imbalance fiddling now. Cheers 
beerchug.gif

I got these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHL5915GY-10-Headphones-Microphone-Marron-Gris/dp/B00HZGLAHO/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1409259731&sr=1-4&keywords=philips+uptown

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #6,637 of 35,472
www.head-fi.org/t/732364/eu-uk-philips-fidelio-x1

What about this? Located in Great Britain.

Wow, good deal for the X1. It's $264 on Amazon...

Now that's a steal, if only I wasn't so set on those x2's
wink.gif

Haha, yep!!!

Thanks Pastapipo, you have tempted me but I guess these would be not great as a portable set?

They are open, so yes isolation and leakage would be not good. They are a home or quiet(no noise in the country) walking HP maybe. So yep, not a portable one.

I got these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHL5915GY-10-Headphones-Microphone-Marron-Gris/dp/B00HZGLAHO/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1409259731&sr=1-4&keywords=philips+uptown

Oh, I guess they have an updated silver and brown too. Hmm, it is SHL5915 instead of 5905. The originals were SHL5905BK & SHL5905GY. Then updated SHL5905FB. And now this one you bought too. Hope you enjoy them! Saturday is quick too
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #6,638 of 35,472

Wow, Havi at the bottom of the list
eek.gif
 Just wondering what is your source and if you are amping it up.  But either way, we all hear things differently, and there is nothing wrong with having individual preferences
wink.gif

Since IM02 is at the top of your list, you probably prefer analytical bright sound.  You gonna like Doppios as well, a similar dual BA tuning as IM02.  Another one you might enjoy, if you like a bright vivid sound, is Altone 200 hybrids where you also get a bonus dynamic driver that kicks bass arse!

Could possibly be as the DT880/600 is my fav fullsize at the moment. I was using my O2combo, Iphone 4s with LOD to C&C BH2/E11 and Sony Xperia Z2.
  Wow, can you give some explanation on this ranking, specifically Tenore, T1E, and B3 Pro 1?  IM02 too expensive :)

IMO(!) the IM02 does everything better than the Havi. The lows have more impact by equal quantity, the mids and treble are crystal clear without being sibilant. The soundstage reminds me of my unique melody miracles. Not wide but good seperation and 3d imagination.

The Havi are ok too, I like the lows alot and the mids are less forward sounding compared to the IM02. The Soundstage sounds wrong, like iam sitting in cave or something. The biggest problem is the sibilance for me. And that while coming from DT880 / IM02

The Tenore for me(!) is the only IEM that was worth the hype and also the first IEM that I bought twice. Right amount of bass with good impact and quality to it. Never had IEMs that seal and fit that good. Too bad one driver died on my first set and the second set got a stereo tilt to the left , right driver is alot quieter.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #6,639 of 35,472

Could possibly be as the DT880/600 is my fav fullsize at the moment. I was using my O2combo, Iphone 4s with LOD to C&C BH2/E11 and Sony Xperia Z2.

IMO(!) the IM02 does everything better than the Havi. The lows have more impact by equal quantity, the mids and treble are crystal clear without being sibilant. The soundstage reminds me of my unique melody miracles. Not wide but good seperation and 3d imagination.

The Havi are ok too, I like the lows alot and the mids are less forward sounding compared to the IM02. The Soundstage sounds wrong, like iam sitting in cave or something. The biggest problem is the sibilance for me. And that while coming from DT880 / IM02

The Tenore for me(!) is the only IEM that was worth the hype and also the first IEM that I bought twice. Right amount of bass with good impact and quality to it. Never had IEMs that seal and fit that good. Too bad one driver died on my first set and the second set got a stereo tilt to the left , right driver is alot quieter.

You need to check out SoundMagic HP150 - if you like DT880, it will blow your mind away though it's closed back (probably open back HP200 will be a better comparison).  After all, I heard SoundMagic makes drivers for Beyer :wink:

Regarding Havi vs IM02, I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding lows.  I had IM02 for 10 days before switching to IM03, and the biggest reason for that was sibilance and LACK of bass even after extensive tip rolling.  To my ears, IM02 had a great bass quality, very detailed, but absolutely neutral quantity.  In comparison, B3 Pro I has slightly enhanced bass, warmer sound signature, and to my ears it's more natural without being exaggerated bright like it was with IM02 (the same reason I got rid off Doppios).

With soundstage, if anything Tenores had a wide reverbarated soundstage that was great, but exaggerated to my ears.  I liked those a lot, but too finicky with a fitment where I had to do a constant adjustment in my ear to get the best sound.  Their bass was great, though.

But hey, we all hear sound differently, so it's OK to agree to disagree.  That's why I always like to add: YMMV
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #6,641 of 35,472
  Figured I'd repost this in here since there are so many helpful people. I'm looking to get a new IEM for a family member for her birthday. She listens to mostly classic rock, alternative, and singer/songwriter stuff. She prefers clarity and instrument separation above anything. I was thinking maybe the T1 would be a good one to try, or maybe even the T1E. Anyone have any suggestions?

MEElectronics has a new IEM coming out she might like. Supposed to have a balanced sound sig... I have a review sample on the way so can't testify to sound quality yet :/, but I've always been a big fan of MEE. First IEM comparing them to: t1-e! Lol

​

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #6,643 of 35,472
The VSD3s sounds remarkably like the GR07BE on first listen. Other differences are the bass is a little less controlled, the highs are smoother but more rolled off and there is less details. It sits in between the VSD1s I tried and the GR07BE in SQ

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #6,644 of 35,472
Wokei I got 5 more IEMs coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back