Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #6,616 of 35,472
  Bought this year following asian IEMs and would rank them:

ATH IM02 > Tenore > TTPOD T1E > Havi B3 Pro1

wondering if I should try to get my hands on the Ostry or Sony MH1 as a Tenore replacement, I sadly have 2 broken sets of them.

Wow, can you give some explanation on this ranking, specifically Tenore, T1E, and B3 Pro 1?  IM02 too expensive :)

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #6,618 of 35,472
I tried the IM04 and the CKR9 at a Comex IT Show today. Granted, the Audio Technica booth was right next to this guy who was babbling on about special prices for tablets, which didn't make for too conducive a listening experience...

I really really liked the CKR9. Paid special attention to the timbre after Syed mentioned how it bested the Havi B3. Well, I can't say about how it stacked against the B3, but it was very very impressive. Bass was clean, thumpy and hit with great authority. Mids were perfectly placed to my liking, and the highs were very slightly sibilant in the treble region. Clarity and detail were top notch. Imaging and soundstage were very good too, quite close to the B3 from memory.

The IM04s were much less impressive to my ears. To me they sounded too dark for my liking. I didn't have much time with them as I was leaving the event, but nothing in particular was impressive about them.

I have not tried any of the IM 02,03 and 04. I tried IM50 and 70 though I still thought the ckrs were on another level of its own. I have a feeling the ckrs are actually one of the best phones ath has ever made if not the best.Did you try ckr 10 though? Btw these ckrs uses the world first dual push pull driver mechanism, to me IMO they really need the burn in. I gave my ckrs a full week of burnin in and the bass got tighter and mids were even more clear hence more perceived details.I confirmed this when I went to the store again to try out the 10s and then compared the shops 9s to my 9s lol 

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #6,619 of 35,472
http://www.rha-audio.com/uk/headphones/t10i.html?utm_source=Head-Fi&utm_medium=Announcement&utm_campaign=T10i%20Launch

Damn sexy <3.......gonna get them.
biggrin.gif

mochill, $199.95 are you ready? 
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

selling all IEM´s in 1, 2 , 3.

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #6,621 of 35,472
http://www.rha-audio.com/uk/headphones/t10i.html?utm_source=Head-Fi&utm_medium=Announcement&utm_campaign=T10i%20Launch

Damn sexy <3.......gonna get them.
biggrin.gif

HEY! That's not an Asian brand. You can't just turn your back on us like that. 
wink.gif
 But damn, those do look sexy...

Anyway, in reference to my earlier question, after doing a bunch of research I think the Ostrys look like they'd make her happy and I found a pair of gold editions for $40 thanks to dannybai. I'll compare them to the VSD3S (which is my favorite budget-fi IEM) and see what works best for those genres and gift the ones that suit her style best. Thanks for the help as always, guys.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #6,624 of 35,472
  Bought this year following asian IEMs and would rank them:

ATH IM02 > Tenore > TTPOD T1E > Havi B3 Pro1

wondering if I should try to get my hands on the Ostry or Sony MH1 as a Tenore replacement, I sadly have 2 broken sets of them.

Hmm, I would think the T1-E is somewhat similar to MH1 but better and an upgrade while being a little different signature wise. Tenore is supposed to be even more similar to MH1, but again, an upgrade sq wise... tho it won't do you any good if your Tenores are broken... :/ So MH1 might be a similar but more reliable slight downgrade with an annoying cable from what I've gathered.
B3 is more similar to Ostry, but better when properly driven so no point in getting the Ostrys unless you like a little brightness, more fatigue potential, & more thinness over naturalness, a hair of warmth, neutrality, and big deep soundstage.

Also, I like the T1-E and B3 better than the Tenore personally.

Cool, many thanks for the info.

I have read comments about volume being low, I would be driving them with a cell phone - un amped - do you think they would be too quiet?

essentially I am looking for a pair of over ears for when I am travelling and for occasional use at home

Np. It would be good for traveling and home. Comfortable minus a little heat/stuffy after long periods, isolating, really durable. They are only pretty quiet at low to moderate volumes(better at high), but the isolation is good & the music seal is even better. And if you turn the volume slider up and make sure the ears sound balanced then don't touch it again. Then only ever control it with your source.
I could turn them all the way up for a while and listen for a while no problem. I think I listened to them at 12-14/15 most of the time on Droid 2 Global back in the day. I wouldn't say they are power hungry at all, just not too sensitive. Also, if you use an app like PowerAmp music player you could use the pre-amp for a little extra volume if need be. What kind of phone do you have? Because some are louder than others...

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #6,625 of 35,472
  PowerAmp music player you could use the pre-amp for a little extra volume if need be. What kind of phone do you have? Because some are louder than others...

Good point - I just bought a coolpad f1 which has anES9018 DAC audio chip and it's pretty loud. 

I'm currently trying to decide between the UE 6000 (refurbished) £50 ($80) and the Uptowns (new) - £40 ($60)

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #6,626 of 35,472
Hello,
do you have these pads on HE-400 (HiFiman)? On what else are you using them? Easy to install?
Thanks,

Its a bit of a tight fit for the HE500s but it does fit. They're also on my TH600 and my CAL2 and my now sold Pro80s

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #6,627 of 35,472

Good point - I just bought a coolpad f1 which has anES9018 DAC audio chip and it's pretty loud. 

I'm currently trying to decide between the UE 6000 (refurbished) £50 ($80) and the Uptowns (new) - £40 ($60)

For the price the UE6000 are supposed to be good, but I have read they are just pretty good with nothing really standing out or wowing you. Noticeably good for the big discount I've read; it's why it's so popular I think. $200 vs. $150 msrp. The CitiScape Uptown should be less leaky, dunno about comfort on UE6000, also the Philips will probably be more durable and fun too. I would go for the Philips, they are kinda like a hidden gem that should get more credit minus non-removable cable and crappy volume slider. Plus they look sick and classy to me.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #6,628 of 35,472
  For the price the UE6000 are supposed to be good, but I have read they are just pretty good with nothing really standing out or wowing you. Noticeably good for the big discount I've read; it's why it's so popular I think. $200 vs. $150 msrp. The CitiScape Uptown should be less leaky, dunno about comfort on UE6000, also the Philips will probably be more durable and fun too. I would go for the Philips, they are kinda like a hidden gem that should get more credit minus non-removable cable and crappy volume slider. Plus they look sick and classy to me.

You sold me! Thanks for all the help!

Just got a pair on Amazon Prime - should land on Saturday!

Managed to land a pair without the sliding volume control - just a mic!

Thanks again

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #6,630 of 35,472
Good point - I just bought a coolpad f1 which has an[COLOR=51AADA]ES9018 [/COLOR][COLOR=51AADA]DAC[/COLOR][COLOR=4E565E] audio chip and it's pretty loud. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4E565E]I'm currently trying to decide between the UE 6000 (refurbished) £50 ($80) and the Uptowns (new) - £40 ($60)[/COLOR]

If you're not in to dark, congested sound with lack of soundstage I'd stay away from the ue6000's. Theyve got great isolation though but the anc is ajoke. I've only demoed the Uptowns in stores a couple of times and although I was not overly impressed of them they're certainly better than the ue6000.

Takstar Pro80 are superior to both though but not great for portable use. Don't Scorpio Dolphins would be my pick for portable.

Just my opinions......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back