Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #6,586 of 35,472
All things I was considering
smily_headphones1.gif
. Also can get a pair of Tenores for around $40. How do those compare? I've heard they can have some quality issues.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #6,589 of 35,472
It helps that most people were able to pick up the XE800's for under $50 (I got mine for $45 shipped) which is an absolute steal.  I seriously haven't heard any IEM better than the XE800 in the 150-200 range.

Currently the cheapest "reliable" price of taobao for them is around 490rmb, or $80 usd.

Of course, there are cheaper, but I wouldn't buy from those without any feedback.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #6,590 of 35,472
mochill I thought you loved the tenores! which was why you sold your original B3 and Ostries?

was it after you got your DX90 and NX1?
Lol I wasn't going to say anything but now the cat's out of the bag.

You sold all your gear and joined the tenore cult in the midst of starting the kc06a thread lol

Just goes to show that iems are like women, as things get more serious and committed you start to see flaws and that hotty down the street you used to talk to is suddenly super sexy once again :grin:

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #6,591 of 35,472
Lol I wasn't going to say anything but now the cat's out of the bag.

You sold all your gear and joined the tenore cult in the midst of starting the kc06a thread lol

Just goes to show that iems are like women, as things get more serious and committed you start to see flaws and that hotty down the street you used to talk to is suddenly super sexy once again :grin:

+ funny

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #6,592 of 35,472
Figured I'd repost this in here since there are so many helpful people. I'm looking to get a new IEM for a family member for her birthday. She listens to mostly classic rock, alternative, and singer/songwriter stuff. She prefers clarity and instrument separation above anything. I was thinking maybe the T1 would be a good one to try, or maybe even the T1E. Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't listened to the Having but if we are taking unamped, the KC06 is probably your best bet. It's very clear sounding, it has the best instrument separation i'be ever heard from a sub 100$ item and it excels at vocal reproduction.

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #6,594 of 35,472
Aug 28, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #6,596 of 35,472
  Figured I'd repost this in here since there are so many helpful people. I'm looking to get a new IEM for a family member for her birthday. She listens to mostly classic rock, alternative, and singer/songwriter stuff. She prefers clarity and instrument separation above anything. I was thinking maybe the T1 would be a good one to try, or maybe even the T1E. Anyone have any suggestions?

If I were you, I would just get her a Mi Piston 2.1 IF Edition. As a winner of Germany Design award, it comes with a very nice elegant plastic box that smells like chocolate. I am sure she will like it. T1 and Havi are great but they may look too big for her.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #6,600 of 35,472

I've got the same music taste. You could off course get the long forgotten LG Quadbeat, ticks all the boxes.
The moe SS01 are the clearest iems I've heard with excellent separation, but I find them too V shaped for indie/alternative.
Separation on the T1E is great, but I think they are not on par with the others mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back