Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #6,602 of 35,472

I've been fighting off the T1E temptation so hard, and even worse, the XE800 is harder to resist because I've always wanted to try out the GR07 series.

I think this might be the tipping point. I'd appreciate any links to the most affordable and reliable place I can get these from.

Sometimes it's better to give into temptation rather than to survive the sleepless nights of wrestling between desire and self-conscience ):

Get it! Get it! 
wink.gif
 The T1-E and Havi are both the bomb in my opinion. Great compliments. Want to try the XE800, but I don't deal with taobao like Hisoundfi as well and don't have/use Paypal right now either so can't buy from a HF member... :/

"suprise honey, I bought us matching headphones. Now we can go to Walmart and get our pictures taken wearing them"

Or something like that...

+
Lol, I can see that you're not married yet
wink.gif

I honestly think that she has realized that resistance is futile and she will be assimilated......

I lol'd...

I know I'm probably super late to the party, but I'm also too lazy to read through 438 pages to find an answer, so I'll just ask...

Is there any oem brands (takstar, superlux ect.) that have sq that rivals or bests the sq of the ATH-M50?

I wanna jam some Asian cans but they honestly aren't worth a purchase if they can't outperform the ATH-M50.

Thanks in advance

Uh oh, I said Asian cans, I think that's going to inspire Wokei to post a pic, just a hunch.

Dude, the Yamaha HPH-200 are great for the price at $80(msrp $200) and would beat the M50 methinks, but they're open and on ear so probably no go at home with the fiance(wife) in the future. The Philips Uptown also would beat M50 I think and someone else could assure/back me up on that, but they went up in price on Amazon. Even better when they were 75 ish dollars, still good at $90-120. I bought mine new at $150 and still liked em for the while I had them. Takstar Pro80 with HM5 pads seems like a popular solid recommendation imo. Hope you find some M50 "beaters" for cheaper! Signature wise whatcha looking for? Open, closed? Circum, supra?

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #6,603 of 35,472

Dude, the Yamaha HPH-200 are great for the price at $80(msrp $200) and would beat the M50 methinks, but they're open and on ear so probably no go at home with the fiance(wife) in the future. The Philips Uptown also would beat M50 I think and someone else could assure/back me up on that, but they went up in price on Amazon. Even better when they were 75-ish dollars, still good at $90-120. Takstar Pro80 with HM5 pads seems like a popular solid recommendation imo. Hope you find some M50 "beaters" for cheaper!

are these the uptowns you are referring to:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHL5905BK-10-CitiScape-Headphone-Brown/dp/B0077860BG

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #6,604 of 35,472

Yep! I had them and thought the comfort & sound were great for the price. They replaced the M50 on a hp review website. Also I agree with this dude http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-shl5905bk-28-citiscape-uptown/reviews/11377 minus I don't think they have very bright highs, but still pretty balanced and noticeable. They are a little warmer imo, but that is from memory. Also not super loud from a phone but an amp or laptop would do it justice I think volume wise.

...and you can also read about it some here towards the bottom(cover pros: MusicSeal is NOT a gimmick, works amazingly like almost full volume no leak, really quite amazing and the couple cons: like useless volume adjuster, which is not to be touched once left all the way up --not loud still-- cause of imbalance issues & and no removable cablehttp://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-over-ear-headphones-3

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #6,605 of 35,472
Also here is the Amazon US prices for anyone: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=philips+citiscape+%22uptown%22&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Aphilips+citiscape+%22uptown%22

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #6,606 of 35,472
The HPH-200 is my go-to around the house on ear. It's one of those headphones that I can't see myself getting rid of, maybe ever.

It's comfort and has great sound. Only thing I don't like much is the cable. I'll probably recable it in the future.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #6,608 of 35,472
Bought this year following asian IEMs and would rank them:

ATH IM02 > Tenore > TTPOD T1E > Havi B3 Pro1

wondering if I should try to get my hands on the Ostry or Sony MH1 as a Tenore replacement, I sadly have 2 broken sets of them.

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #6,609 of 35,472
  Yep! I had them and thought the comfort & sound were great for the price. They replaced the M50 on a hp review website. Also I agree with this dude http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-shl5905bk-28-citiscape-uptown/reviews/11377 minus I don't think they have very bright highs, but still pretty balanced and noticeable. They are a little warmer imo, but that is from memory. Also not super loud from a phone but an amp or laptop would do it justice I think volume wise.

...and you can also read about it some here towards the bottom(cover pros: MusicSeal is NOT a gimmick, works amazingly like almost full volume no leak, really quite amazing and the couple cons: like useless volume adjuster, which is not to be touched once left all the way up --not loud still-- cause of imbalance issues & and no removable cablehttp://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-over-ear-headphones-3

Cool, many thanks for the info.

I have read comments about volume being low, I would be driving them with a cell phone - un amped - do you think they would be too quiet?

essentially I am looking for a pair of over ears for when I am travelling and for occasional use at home

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #6,610 of 35,472

Not sure since I've not heard either, but the takstar pro80 are closed like m50, and from what people have claimed are probably equal or greater in sound quality... hope someone else can chime in as I'm very interested in pro80!

Same here... it will be my next purchase.  ♫ ♫ ♫

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #6,611 of 35,472
  Bought this year following asian IEMs and would rank them:

ATH IM02 > Tenore > TTPOD T1E > Havi B3 Pro1

wondering if I should try to get my hands on the Ostry or Sony MH1 as a Tenore replacement, I sadly have 2 broken sets of them.

Wow, Havi at the bottom of the list
eek.gif
 Just wondering what is your source and if you are amping it up.  But either way, we all hear things differently, and there is nothing wrong with having individual preferences
wink.gif

Since IM02 is at the top of your list, you probably prefer analytical bright sound.  You gonna like Doppios as well, a similar dual BA tuning as IM02.  Another one you might enjoy, if you like a bright vivid sound, is Altone 200 hybrids where you also get a bonus dynamic driver that kicks bass arse!

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #6,612 of 35,472
I tried the IM04 and the CKR9 at a Comex IT Show today. Granted, the Audio Technica booth was right next to this guy who was babbling on about special prices for tablets, which didn't make for too conducive a listening experience...

I really really liked the CKR9. Paid special attention to the timbre after Syed mentioned how it bested the Havi B3. Well, I can't say about how it stacked against the B3, but it was very very impressive. Bass was clean, thumpy and hit with great authority. Mids were perfectly placed to my liking, and the highs were very slightly sibilant in the treble region. Clarity and detail were top notch. Imaging and soundstage were very good too, quite close to the B3 from memory.

The IM04s were much less impressive to my ears. To me they sounded too dark for my liking. I didn't have much time with them as I was leaving the event, but nothing in particular was impressive about them.

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #6,614 of 35,472

Can't beat these as headphone stands for $5.

On another note, all my cans have HM5 pads. They're that good

Hello,
do you have these pads on HE-400 (HiFiman)? On what else are you using them? Easy to install?
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back