Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #5,627 of 35,472
  The Vivo XE800 needs more attention IMO. It literally is a GR07 upgraded, looks gorgeous, and fits like a dream.

The fact it is on a promotion for $50 here (Normally $100+) is just too good a deal to pass up on these, especially if you've never heard a Vsonic GR07.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39611403083&ns=1#detail 

I'd be all over them, but I really don't want to deal with an agent. I know I'm being lazy, but I am lazy.

I think it's hard for non Chinese to order from Taobao ;D

^ This

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #5,630 of 35,472
  I think it's hard for non Chinese to order from Taobao ;D

Mistertao.com is easy for Taobao. Far easier than using a service like Tenso for Japanese orders.

Just copy the link into their search engine, hit add to cart, use visa or mastercard (uses Alipay so its secure), and choose Singapore Post. Total price after commission and shipping fees would be around $57.

Unless you are willing to wait for a possible ebay/aliexpress seller or spend $99+ elsewhere, that's the best price in the world right now. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #5,631 of 35,472
  Mistertao.com is easy for Taobao. Far easier than using a service like Tenso for Japanese orders.

Just copy the link into their search engine, hit add to cart, use visa or mastercard (uses Alipay so its secure), and choose Singapore Post. Total price after commission and shipping fees would be around $57.

Unless you are willing to wait for a possible ebay/aliexpress seller or spend $99+ elsewhere, that's the best price in the world right now. 

Sometimes the site is acting weird to me. I tried just for fun to order a vsonic vsd3s and Havi b3, but both times a error message appeared which said that items containing the words "sonic" and "pro" are banned from sale.

The vivo page is working though:
http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/39611403083.html

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #5,632 of 35,472

Sometimes the site is acting weird to me. I tried just for fun to order a vsonic vsd3s and Havi b3, but both times a error message appeared which said that items containing the words "sonic" and "pro" are banned from sale.

The trick to those "banned" ones is to add it to the cart before it does that. The items themselves aren't actually banned, its just a keyword causing an issue.

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #5,633 of 35,472

i tried that link... seems to come out to $52. Is this site an all in one process?

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #5,636 of 35,472
  They take half first? I cant tell if they a third party shipper... im not even sure i want the XE800

Pay the $52 upfront and then the shipping fee next and yeah they are a third party. Haven't had a listen to any vsonic offerings but a gr07 for <$60 has certainly peaked my interest. I'll probably snag a pair with mister tao tonight when I get back from work.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #5,637 of 35,472
ok so if i listen to a lot of rap, rock, and edm... arent the vsonic gr07 essentially the perfect hp for me? (or is it the gr07be....)
 quick q, is the amt of bass difference btwn the 07 and 07be a big diff or barely noticeable? and if the 07 have less bass than the be, does that mean that they're more "reference" sound, and have a bit more clarity?)

and these xe800 are better than the gr07?

so the xe800 are probly also better than the upcoming vsd5?

bhazard, could u just give a short couple reasons why the xe800 are better?

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #5,638 of 35,472
  For those genres? I thought the Havi was lacking in the bass department.

Havi is not lacking in bass department, just a little behind in some quantity in comparison to others.  For example, if you want bass SLAM and don't mind lack of soundstage depth - KC06A is a perfect choice with both nice sub-bass texture and mid-bass punch.  VSD3S will have a nice sub-bass extension, but lacks in mid-bass punch due a slower attack.  Plus VSD3S upper mids/treble is a bit peaky.  Havi is great all genre IEM with an excellent bass quality, and above neutral bass quantity.  Driving it directly from HO of AP100 gives you a moderate punch and a nice deeper sub-bass.  But once you pair it up with E11k from LO of AP100 - holly crap, you get a serious bass slam.  Havi comes ALIVE when amped and shines with every genre, especially EDM.  At the current moment, B3 Pro I and IM03 and HP150 cans are my top 3 headphones and I can serious get rid off everything else.

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #5,639 of 35,472
The XE800 IS the GR07, just with a different tuning and housing. The GR07 mk2's go for over $100+ easy, and are VSonic's top tier.

With the XE800 and that Taobao seller's promo, you're getting a top tier IEM for under $60, just like the Havi.

In other words, $60 today will buy you the SQ of $150+ from less than two years ago.

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #5,640 of 35,472
  The XE800 IS the GR07, just with a different tuning and housing. The GR07 mk2's go for over $100+ easy, and are VSonic's top tier.

With the XE800 and that Taobao seller's promo, you're getting a top tier IEM for under $60, just like the Havi.

In other words, $60 today will buy you the SQ of $150+ from less than two years ago.

so by diff tuning u mean diff sound? will they be more bassy then?

so then will the xe800>havi? this means that the xe800 will defo be better than the vsd5 then right? b/c its vsonics cheaper offering

or does this mean that xe800 is probably my best "fun" option, while havis are best "analytical" option atm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back