Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #3,572 of 35,472
Are tube amps worth getting into?

What sets them apart from a standard portable amp like fiio?

Don't do it.

It's an expensive rabbit hole, and 99% of the time they color the sound that even cheap solid state amps could be more accurate with.

With the amount of money you'll spend on tubes just to get the sound you want, or because you're curious, you could have gotten a high quality solid state instead.

If you want tubes, play guitar.

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #3,573 of 35,472
@Mo, do you have X5 as well?  If so, how does it compares to DX90?  Planning to get AP100?

Sounds like you should turn your house into audio gadget museum, setup listening tours, and charge money to cover future purchases.

One of these days you have to take a "group" picture of all your headphones
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #3,574 of 35,472
Ok, I Ordered them from aliexpress. If the subbass lacks, Im going to fly to the USA and take a dump in your backyard.
Afterwards I would like to drink a cup of coffee with you and listen to that Sony DAP of yours.
Start eating fibrous foods dude...

They are great iems, they are midcentric, well balanced, detailed, a little bright, and have very little sub bass. FACT

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #3,577 of 35,472
@Hi Trust me, mate. I know all about the kool-aid that Mo' sells. The does only hype phones that are a little deserving of hype though and so far he doesn't seem to want to sell the Tenore (aka the IEM he called "End Game) or the ED3. Give it a couple weeks and he'll have a new end game, but that doesn't mean what he's saying isn't true. ED3 sound more up my ally because I like the AT sound signature but hated the fit of the IM50/70. Sure I could save and get the CKR9, but that seems to still be behind the Tenore & Doppios to most people. Might as well take a chance on Mo's kool-aid for once. Hoping it's grape flavor. :cool:

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #3,581 of 35,472
Jun 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #3,582 of 35,472
@Hi Trust me, mate. I know all about the kool-aid that Mo' sells. The does only hype phones that are a little deserving of hype though and so far he doesn't seem to want to sell the Tenore (aka the IEM he called "End Game) or the ED3. Give it a couple weeks and he'll have a new end game, but that doesn't mean what he's saying isn't true. ED3 sound more up my ally because I like the AT sound signature but hated the fit of the IM50/70. Sure I could save and get the CKR9, but that seems to still be behind the Tenore & Doppios to most people. Might as well take a chance on Mo's kool-aid for once. Hoping it's grape flavor.
cool.gif

Better hurry up, Mo listed his ED3 for sale already
biggrin.gif
together with ED1 and T1, and HK1, but not ZAs
wink.gif

Btw, why didn't you like IM50 fitment?  Because of extended nozzle?  It is longer than IM03/IM02, and the housing is actually smaller than IM03.  I'm using sony hybrid look-a-like tips with IM50, improves fitment significantly!!!

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #3,585 of 35,472
  sorry for asking, but penonaudio.com is really shutdown?

It says "Account suspended" - but penon audio is still available on ebay as bigbargainsonline. 

Given the sterling service they have been giving in the past, I believe this is a hiccup that will get rectified soon. 
About 1-2 weeks ago, my friend received a shipment from them - everything top notch. 

Try contacting them on ebay - you should get reply shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back