Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,602 of 35,472

Btw, why didn't you like IM50 fitment?  Because of extended nozzle?  It is longer than IM03/IM02, and the housing is actually smaller than IM03.  I'm using sony hybrid look-a-like tips with IM50, improves fitment significantly!!!

Is the IM50 smaller than the IM70? I owned the IM70 and always had fit issues where the actual piece wouldn't stay in my ear; plus the memory wire made it extremely difficult to keep wrapped around my ear. It's not the nozzle. I actually like my IEM to be deeply inserted and currently rock a pair that have to be almost all the way inside your ear. It's more that the actual body didn't sit well in my ear.

Mo' can't buy something you're selling, mate. If you would have held out a little bit longer I would have picked it up. Now I'm going to wait for your next super hyped IEM or get the ZA Ten.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #3,603 of 35,472
  Any good cheap AMPs for low impedance cans? I see plenty of <$60 amps out there but I don't know if there are reviews for them. Curious if I could get a portable amp that can drive orthos haha. 
smily_headphones1.gif

This one is getting some good attention at the moment: Topping NX-1

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #3,604 of 35,472
Did some extensive a/b with the ostry kc06a and the Dunu. The Dunu is definitely more clear, more neutral (06a recesses the mids a bit) and just sounds so close to perfect. Just needs a bass boost here and there.

No worries though, it seems like the tenores, ostrys, and havis of the world can get about 80% there alongside top tier IEMs, which is great for everyone.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #3,605 of 35,472
I ordered the KZ ED3 from shutian wang on 23 May and the tg-38s (2 pieces) from passerby wei on 12 May, both on Aliexpress. Just picked up the ED3 from the post office, while the tg-38s still haven't arrived (oddly they have a tracking number from the Netherlands). The dispute for the tg-38s is "in progress". (In case you're wondering, I'm in Australia.)

And then it gets stranger. Opened the package containing the ED3 and found a one-Chinese Yuan bill tucked into the cardboard sleeve. Opened the box and found that there was only one stock ear tip (the translucent one with a red core) in place. Looked on the floor to check that the other hadn't fallen off when I took the earphones out of the ziplock bag, but didn't find anything. There were three other pairs of ear tips in the box, but they were all plain black ones. Could the 1 Chinese Yuan (16 US cents) be compensation for the irregular package?

So I've tried the earphones the medium-sized black tips on. My regular earphones these days are the Vsonic GR07 Classic, and the ED3 isn't that much of a downgrade, right out of the box. The initial impression is that the ED3 has a weightier bottom end and a little less top end sparkle. The fit is fairly comfortable, though I wish it had a sliding cinch.
I got the same thing, one Chinese dollar in my package. I thought it was kind of cool. I gave it to my son. Fortunately mine had both tips. Unfortunately, they didn't fit lol. I'm using Sony hybrids bcuz none of them fit. Theyare nice sounding and have an excellent build though.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #3,606 of 35,472
Any good cheap AMPs for low impedance cans? I see plenty of <$60 amps out there but I don't know if there are reviews for them. Curious if I could get a portable amp that can drive orthos haha. :)

My guess is that FiiO E12 is the cheapest portable amp you can get to drive orthos properly. If you spend some time looking around eBay you should be able to get one for under $100.

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #3,607 of 35,472
My guess is that FiiO E12 is the cheapest portable amp you can get to drive orthos properly. If you spend some time looking around eBay you should be able to get one for under $100.

Thanks is that the only one of its kind with that amount of output for that price range? 

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #3,608 of 35,472

Thanks is that the only one of its kind with that amount of output for that price range? 

As far as I know and portable, yes.

I use it with my modded T50RP and I'm VERY happy with the result.

I put in a "best offer" for one on eBay a couple of months aqo and the seller accepted it at $88!

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #3,609 of 35,472
As far as I know and portable, yes.

I use it with my modded T50RP and I'm VERY happy with the result.

I put in a "best offer" for one on eBay a couple of months aqo and the seller accepted it at $88!

Hm is there a dac you would recommend with it?

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #3,613 of 35,472
Speaking of over 200 dollar stuff, the Sony xba h3 had a huge price drop, it's only $240 usd direct from Amazon.

Anyone heard it? Impressions?

It has the same driver as the $500 ex1000 driver as a woofer, plus a dedicated BA tweeter and midrange. Frequency response is 3-40000!

If it's a upgrade to the gr07 BE or Dunu I'm probably gna pull the trigger on them. Wondering if any of the homies on here heard them.

Opinions and impressions are appreciated.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #3,614 of 35,472
  here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Earmax-High-Quality-hotselling-New-Hifi-IE80-Earphones-ER80-IE-80-Professional-In-Ear-headphones/1652800733.html

I actually did not pay through aliexpress, i messaged him asking if he accepts paypal, and I paid him through paypal (not as a gift)
ordered 15th April and received yesterday 29th April. which is very good in my book due to it being from Singapore.

I also ordered the Earmax RE80/IE80 from this same seller (yan zang) more than a month ago. I just received the package yesterday (took a full month to arrive).

The IE80 and accessories were factory sealed in anti-static bags and they appear to be brand new. However the left earphone had no sound. I swapped the right and left cables to verify that it was a bad driver, not a bad cable.

The seller has been very responsive. I contacted him about the dead left driver and he gave me a full refund. So I would highly recommend this seller yan zang, but stay away from Earmax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back